Please test the 2.3 beta releases!

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Re: Please test the 2.3 beta releases!

Post by Zarel »

kenalcock wrote:If you folks have any kind of a debug mode, where the game logs more information that may be useful in submitted bug reports:
  1. How do we use it (step-by-step please)?
  2. What files does it generate that we can submit to you to help you troubleshoot any issues that we see and report?
I have never played in cheat mode, so I'm completely ignorant here.
You can run the game with the command-line option --debug all --debugfile "C:\Users\yourname\Desktop\warzonedebug.txt" replace with where you want the debug file to go. That will produce some debug output. For most errors, it doesn't help, though. For this one, just reporting what shows up on the pop-up box will be enough.
KenAlcock
Trained
Trained

Post by KenAlcock »

Zarel wrote:You can run the game with the command-line option --debug all --debugfile "C:\Users\yourname\Desktop\warzonedebug.txt" replace with where you want the debug file to go. That will produce some debug output. For most errors, it doesn't help, though. For this one, just reporting what shows up on the pop-up box will be enough.
Even still, the information you typed above is good to know. And perhaps when someone gets free time, it could be added to either the Development Page or the Bug Reporting Page. You never know, in the future it might help solve an issue.
My game handle is Cosmic Raven or Cosmic Raven 68
Tenoh
Trained
Trained

Post by Tenoh »

Ok, weird... why at the start or the skirmish all the sensor towers jump all around map?my defenses even fired once on them.
"No, you don't want to buy this Sh[beep]t from me. It shoots sideways, it was built by retard zombies in some f[beep]king outreach program." HL:G
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

Tenoh wrote:Ok, weird... why at the start or the skirmish all the sensor towers jump all around map?my defenses even fired once on them.
That is a hack that some AIs (DyDo f.e.) use to reveal oil.
Tenoh
Trained
Trained

Post by Tenoh »

oh ok, guess i better read the notes then.
"No, you don't want to buy this Sh[beep]t from me. It shoots sideways, it was built by retard zombies in some f[beep]king outreach program." HL:G
DarkCheetah
Trained
Trained

Post by DarkCheetah »

1st of all about Beta 7 , if we try to play with a mod (Aivo , NTW) the game says we got different Data, but i have confirmed both computers that we got the same version and mod running !!

what the heck is wrong with Beta 7?
... where did all the good ol classic ai's gone to? Turtle AI , Super AI
Assault Gunner
Trained
Trained

Post by Assault Gunner »

One word: BETA

Beta means that the game is considered unstable, but is being sent out of the company for testing, in order to eliminate as many bugs as possible.
"There is no greater Void than the one between your ears." - Void Ray, StarCraft 2.
Especially the Void between the ears of people who think that No VTOL is a good idea, and won't lead to arty wars. I've won one, and I have to say: I hated it.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

DarkCheetah wrote:1st of all about Beta 7 , if we try to play with a mod (Aivo , NTW) the game says we got different Data, but i have confirmed both computers that we got the same version and mod running !!

Can you copy/paste or screenshot the error message? Just saying you get an error message about different data isn't very helpful.
DarkCheetah
Trained
Trained

Post by DarkCheetah »

Zarel wrote:
DarkCheetah wrote:1st of all about Beta 7 , if we try to play with a mod (Aivo , NTW) the game says we got different Data, but i have confirmed both computers that we got the same version and mod running !!

Can you copy/paste or screenshot the error message? Just saying you get an error message about different data isn't very helpful.
ok i dont have a screenshot and my bro is sleeping now, the error said
"kicking player 01 becuase a different mod was loaded"
or something like that
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

DarkCheetah wrote:ok i dont have a screenshot and my bro is sleeping now, the error said
or something like that
After that, it should have said "([15] expected a82f97be, got 94a8fb89e)" or something along those lines. That's the part I need.

If it didn't say that, then you're obviously not using 2.3 beta 7, and you should be upgrading nowabouts. ;)
DarkCheetah
Trained
Trained

Post by DarkCheetah »

Zarel wrote:
DarkCheetah wrote:ok i dont have a screenshot and my bro is sleeping now, the error said
or something like that
After that, it should have said "([15] expected a82f97be, got 94a8fb89e)" or something along those lines. That's the part I need.

If it didn't say that, then you're obviously not using 2.3 beta 7, and you should be upgrading nowabouts. ;)
it is possible that it wus that, there's no way i can play local with mods anyway lol, not even ntw
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

No, I mean, what did it say, exactly? What I gave was just an example, it would've given you different numbers. I need to know what those numbers are.

Post by Guest »

I have problems with commanders too. Played with 2.2.4, and 2.3 B7. Units attached to a commander seems randomly reset their retreat stance to "Do or Die!" (Don't know about other unattached units)This is the most annoying bug, while playing campaign. Also units randomly detaches from a commander time to time.
Tenoh
Trained
Trained

Post by Tenoh »

And i am frustrated with loosing unit selection just cause i misclicked on the target for that unit. >_<
Michal
Trained
Trained

Post by Michal »

Guest wrote:I have problems with commanders too. Played with 2.2.4, and 2.3 B7. Units attached to a commander seems randomly reset their retreat stance to "Do or Die!" (Don't know about other unattached units)This is the most annoying bug, while playing campaign.
I've seen it too, probably when units are to crowded to retreat this is reset to prevent traffic jams. Especially when giving them orders to move at the same time.
Commanders really are pain, if you don't handle them well they rush into battle in front of their tanks. Its because units follow commander, not the other way round (i.e. one of the assigned units could lead and always move first)