The Doc's Bio Lab for Scav Experiments - & other oddities.

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Re: The Doc's Bio Lab for Scav Experiments - & other odditie

Post by Rman Virgil »

@ Mero: Maggie Q bio: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maggie_Q

Images

Jackie Chan saw her potential for the big screen and taught her. How to fight, among other things.

========>

Alongside what has already come up in disussion here, there are 2 other over-arching streams influencing what I'm doing in fleshing out the backstory and my approach to the factions.

~ The first is historical. It begins with a provocative term used in describing the machinations of creating and sustaining Empire.

The Great Game

~ The second is the use of game play mechanics for non-game applications:

Gamification or Game Frameing

BTW Mero - the Gamification, or Game Framing, movement could provide more fodder for your discussion on the merits of gaming with your Chicago relatives. :3

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

<ignore the comment I just made, realised I was thinking of something completely different>
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

I know Rman :) I checked her out.
Images
Did you notice that too, that when you click on that one, time slows down for a moment?
among other things.
:cool1: I just couldn't stop myself :oops:

About the story, very interesting approach.
could provide more fodder for your discussion on the merits of gaming with your Chicago relatives.
Somehow yes, but wrong thread ;) I will losse it all if spread ;)

Rman what do you use to make those pictures? How long does it take? Would I manage?
<ignore the comment I just made, realised I was thinking of something completely different>
Aubergine dont be shy ;) or do not be angry, are you?
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Mero, I'm not sure what your background is so it's hard for me to answer your question about how you would manage.

But what I think I know (could be way off too) leads me to believe you might find Second Life an interesting or inviting segue:

http://secondlife.com/whatis/?lang=en-US

I would suggest that first over learning some prog like Poser or Sculptris (or 10 other progs I could list).

My exposure to the visual arts (and music) began before I started grade school. Before I learned the alphabet or how to read and write. I don't come at it with the disposition of an engineer or scientist. Most of the time I discover what I'm reaching for by doing something based on the vaguest of notions. You could say my process is messy and "wasteful". Generally, I go through at least a couple dozen variants before I start feeling like I'm getting somewhere beyond the crappy. That goes for music and writing as much as the visual. A bricoleur of my subconcious, which my insatiable curiosity about everything has fed mountain ranges of "data". :)

Regards, Rman. :D

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

I agree, my question was far too broad, and I gave no background.

It will be easy. I have never used any program of that kind before.

I loved to draw since I was about six years old. But all my drawings were always 2D. No perspective at all. But vere very complex with time. I forexample painted fights of people with dinosaurs. Were hundreds of little men figures were making complex tasks on a A4 paper :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Merowingg wrote:I agree, my question was far too broad, and I gave no background.

It will be easy. I have never used any program of that kind before.

I loved to draw since I was about six years old. But all my drawings were always 2D. No perspective at all. But vere very complex with time. I forexample painted fights of people with dinosaurs. Were hundreds of little men figures were making complex tasks on a A4 paper :)
With me it was dinosaurs and tanks. :) For some reason tanks were the first military thing I ever did as a kid. Even taught my younger cousin to draw tanks. Later, as a young teen, it was super hero comics with my best friend. We'd take turns - writing and drawing. First graphic app I ever used was back in the day on the original Mac Classic brick. Used to party with some coders from Adobe in San Fran when they were devoloping Photo Shop. Got to test thier Alpha and Beta builds. Was in the old school photo biz at the time - darkrooms, film, chemicals, etc. - and they needed feedback on the tool set compared to doing things by hand. Speaking of doing things by hand, my preference and passion is still stretching and gessoing my own canvas, mixing pigments and using Kolinsky sable brushes and a pallet knife to create a visual. Photo realism is not really my thing. I have many favorite artists but if had to pick my top three they would be Clyfford Still, Kandinsky and Picasso. :)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

With me it was dinosaurs and tanks. :)
Soul mate is that you? :hmm: buddy? :hmm:

Welll here people fought dinosaurs, I remember cars with heavy machineguns, and jets shoting nets onto them. It was the time of Jurassic Park, in Poland with its TV and VHS it was like Matrix movie at that time.

My pictures were 2D as hell, but extremely complex. I remember there was one competition at a place where we stayed after school waiting for parents, and were given dinners. How is it called in U.S.A. ? I am too lazy to open my dictionary :lecture: And at this very one competition with as it turned out cool awards. I draw a country house with its sourandings, particural for rural places. Gues what, first place and cool helicopter award was mine. I remember I was hungry rushin from school to the no name place mentioned above ;) I entered it and someone gives me something big and congratulates me. I thought what the hell ;) I was in the centre ov attention the whole day then :P At home my parent were surprised where it is from, as they knew nothing about the competition.

I also had this so called drawing club. There were four members including me, and I was the leader. We sat together at one table, talked and draw things connected with a topic I arranged. Dinosaurs, space, pirate ships, anything :) It was really cool. We dreamed about Lego bricks, which cost fortune at that time, and were possible to buy at special shops where you could pay only in dollars. Rman I assume you know a little about our very very long Polish history?

Later on we had those collection books of lego briks, and we were watching them for hours :) Damn it was a great time :)

But brusch, and paints, hell no, I was disasterous at this.

I love Monet :) = as we talked The Thomas Crown Affair. BTW they are making a second part!

Pcasso yes, still it amazes me, and I think what he thought while creating some of his works.

Ah sorry I used Paint, does it count? :P

Do I hijack your thread Sire?

Regards - Mero
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

With me it was dinosaurs and tanks. :)
Merowingg wrote:Soul mate is that you? :hmm: buddy? :hmm:
Kindred spirits, for sure. :)
Merowingg wrote: Well here people fought dinosaurs, I remember cars with heavy machineguns, and jets shoting nets onto them. It was the time of Jurassic Park, in Poland with its TV and VHS it was like Matrix movie at that time.
Jurrasic Park was well done but it's not my fav dino movie. That would have to be the 1960 "The Lost World" based on the Sir Arthur Conan Doyle novel of the same name (he of Sherlock Holmes fame).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000SA ... ttom_links

Then there are the series of toon dino movies I watched with my nieces and nephews when they was kids - "The Land Before Time".

http://www.amazon.com/Land-Before-Time- ... d_cp_mov_0

Actually I got the kids into these movies and they couldn't get enough. They'd watch em over and over.

And lastly, the "Dinotopia" art books, novels and and tv mini-series:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006 ... ttom_links

James Gurney can paint dinos with personality:

http://www.amazon.com/Dinotopia-Apart-A ... d_cp_mov_3

My sister is a huge fan too. Her online nick is from one of the dino characters in "Dinotopia".
Merowingg wrote:
My pictures were 2D as hell, but extremely complex. I remember there was one competition at a place where we stayed after school waiting for parents, and were given dinners. How is it called in U.S.A. ? I am too lazy to open my dictionary :lecture: And at this very one competition with as it turned out cool awards. I draw a country house with its sourandings, particural for rural places. Gues what, first place and cool helicopter award was mine. I remember I was hungry rushin from school to the no name place mentioned above ;) I entered it and someone gives me something big and congratulates me. I thought what the hell ;) I was in the centre ov attention the whole day then :P At home my parent were surprised where it is from, as they knew nothing about the competition.
Sounds like you've grown up doing art and have had good experiences throughout.

There is much 2D art I love. Going all the way back to prehistoric art. There can be great power in 2D art. As much as the finest of 3D, imo.

Sounds like what we call "field trips" here.
Merowingg wrote:I also had this so called drawing club. There were four members including me, and I was the leader. We sat together at one table, talked and draw things connected with a topic I arranged. Dinosaurs, space, pirate ships, anything :) It was really cool. We dreamed about Lego bricks, which cost fortune at that time, and were possible to buy at special shops where you could pay only in dollars. Rman I assume you know a little about our very very long Polish history?

Know a little bit. Not a lot about the history of Poland.

Legos were big for me too. But when I didn't have 'em as youngster I would haunt construction site for discarded scraps wood to use as blocks to make forts and castles with.

Never had an art club growing up. Just my buddy John making comic books. Chess and basketball, yeah.
Merowingg wrote: Later on we had those collection books of lego briks, and we were watching them for hours :) Damn it was a great time :)

But brusch, and paints, hell no, I was disasterous at this.
My mom was a painter so she helped. My older brother too.

Merowingg wrote:I love Monet :) = as we talked The Thomas Crown Affair. BTW they are making a second part!

Pcasso yes, still it amazes me, and I think what he thought while creating some of his works.

Ah sorry I used Paint, does it count? :P
Sequel, cool. That was a great re-boot of the original Steve McQueen.

I remember. Monet is in my pantheon of masters. :D

Paint, counts. :) For me it was MacPaint. ;) Heck I think you could do "Southpark" 2D toons with Paint or MacPaint. They made themselves millionaires with that art. 'Course the writing was key too.
Merowingg wrote:
Do I hijack your thread Sire?
No sir. I'm progressive. Pumpkin open sourced WZ as an ecology for learning, creating and sharing. That's what we're doin'.

Nothin' stopping me from posting some new story or graphic. Got something rolling around my head. Maybe it will gel and be ready this weekend. :hmm:

=====> I had to delete a bunch of my smilies cause there is a limit of 20 per post. :(

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

I havent seen the movies and books you have listed.

But I also remember a series from ninetes where a family got into some sort of time hole with their car, and moved into a land with dinosaurs I think. I remember they lived in a very cool very big tree house, and used there their car from time to time when necessary. But it was not many times due to the lack of gasoline or anything other from modern word.

Dinotopia's cover look very cool for me. Something like one of those old books with their very characteristic covers. Also the dinosaur to the right which name I dont remember even in Polish look so alive.

Well it was for few years we drew at after-school club or day-care room.

Man I lioved Lego, I had very few at the very beginning, but then by saving, and due to help of my uncle from Chicago I got more and more. But it still was not so many as children often have nowadays without appreciating it.

Now Rman Imagine how complex my creation here were :3 I remember building anything. And it was not those easy shapes as children built, with time more and more details appeared. I always considered to go for Lego contest which were made few times in Poland, but there was no time and money. But few times I was taken to the near city for enormous Lego works exchibitions. I was in paradise :)

Our history starts strongly from the date 966 A.D.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baptism_of_Poland

I will ask around for good and reliable book about Polish history so I could give you a title if you would like.

It was a drawing club where members willingly appeared and just liked each other. What amazes me is what was my personality, that I said - Ok today we draw Huts with underground bases in mountains. And we all did. I remember that with time we evolved into ane draws what one likes ;)

No artist around here, damn it makes me think ;)

Yes we talked about the old version of the Thomas Crown Affair movie but I could not reach it. The new one is to be woth Brosnan too... but if they lead it well, the movie could have great potential.

I am still not sure if you are not just too kind to tell me - ok man but this thread is about women in sunglasses.

I fight with my ability to put smileys everywhere very hard, and I do believe I have progress. Byt my yellow disease seem to affect others? :hmm: Could it evolve into plague?

I also know that many already killed me in mind with smiley of any kind just not to see those so many time again. I was asked so many times that I decided to react.

I like a sentence of my friend. "If already two people tell you you are drunk and go to bed, then go to bed"

Regards - Mero
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

I think you'll like http://doodleofboredom.com/

"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hehehe thanx aubergine :)

I also feel obliged to tell you that it was in the very past of mine. Now I draw maps :big_boss:

Regards - Mero
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Merowingg wrote:Hehehe thanx aubergine :)

I also feel obliged to tell you that it was in the very past of mine. Now I draw maps :big_boss:
Love that guys work. Thanks, aubergine. :D

Mero hows about a map that looks like a mirrored pterodactyl in preview.. along the lines of NoQ's eagle avi.... :hmm:

I'll respond to your longer post l8r.... after work.... which I need to get back to now - deadline stuff. :3

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

I'll respond to your longer post l8r.... after work.... which I need to get back to now - deadline stuff. :3
Yes I realised, I already know how it works. Imagine my deadline Italian stuff. I appear here while I eat and read around, listening to music in breaks from studying.
along the lines of NoQ's
I dont understand this part of the sentence. Define mirrored pterodactyl ;) And although I suffer dropping mapping side effects, like seeing FlaMe sigh, or rearanging tiles in mind when I enter a bathroom. Or compulsive clicking on FlaMe icon and clossing it causing me attacks of anger. :wink:

I will make a map after the spaghetti pizza Berlusconi Belluci Gucci armageddon which is said to be on 17th of february. And still not certain, as along there are many other subject on studies I fight with.

As you proposed the pterodactyl, I begun to regret we were not talking about women's waist instead.

Yes, I will never change.

Ok now I have to make polish subtitles for Friends series, part called The One Where Rachel Is Late The subject is called audiovisual translation :geek:
Last edited by Merowingg on 07 Feb 2013, 18:51, edited 1 time in total.

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

eagle avi
Oh lol. Should i make a 1x1 map out of my two-headed eagle avatar? :lol2:
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Oh lol. Should i make a 1x1 map out of my two-headed eagle avatar? :lol2:
No it was me to make :P I fail you for reading with understanding :lecture:

We go political eh? ;)

What about my national emblem :3
220px-Coat_of_arms_of_Poland-official3.png
220px-Coat_of_arms_of_Poland-official3.png (80.69 KiB) Viewed 5286 times

Regards - Mero