[3.1] Ultimate Scavenger AI Mod

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: Ultimate Scavenger AI Mod (for 3.1)

Post by NoQ »

v1.02: Nexus Link trucks and Ice cream mortar and flamer vans by Berg (aka "join the NEXUS, we have ice cream"), scavenger excavator by Flail13 (kept the Berg's crane though).

Not yet sure how to add helicopters. How to make scavenger factories produce VTOLs? Or maybe add scavenger VTOL factory and rearming pad? :hmm:
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

You'll probably need to make a scavenger VTOL factory and rearming pad, that, or you'll have to simply spawn in a helicopter manually. And if you don't want it to rearm, you could make it a transporter.
"...If pure awesomeness were bricks, this would be the Great Wall of China...
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

I like the chopper model but without animated rotor it will never look good ..Dont get me wrong thats a well done scav model But it needs ingame code changes to add ani animation.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Berg wrote:I like the chopper model but without animated rotor it will never look good ..Dont get me wrong thats a well done scav model But it needs ingame code changes to add ani animation.
It is a bit more noticeable than wheel, trax & vtol rotors not turning. But in the heat of gameplay not so much - granted that's a highly subjective perception & trade-off opportunity. Often living with some imperfections motivates perfecting - this instance could tip the scale that way, a tipping point if you will, but ya never know if it remains untested.

I forget - what are the obstacles to putting another connector & using radar dish anim?

Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

Rman Virgil wrote: a tipping point if you will
Rman Virgil wrote:I forget - what are the obstacles to putting another connector & using radar dish anim?
I think the only obstacle is the enabling of animation for component pie files as with all animation in warzone the structures etc needs very little to make it work again...the pie file format is set up to have animation working.
If you would look back a couple of years I did a lot of research into animation with very little code changes it was made to work. But alas I was told by some there was no future in animation in warzone...I still chuckle at that comment.
Well there you have it unless the code is enabled we will have to stare at static rotors and pretend they turn and enjoy the new idea that scavs are not dead they are a tribe waiting for there time in the sun.

Regards Berg
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Post by Shadow Wolf TJC »

Berg wrote:I like the chopper model but without animated rotor it will never look good ..Dont get me wrong thats a well done scav model But it needs ingame code changes to add ani animation.
Have you taken a look at the various .ani files located in the anims folder in base.wz? Notice how the .pie files associated with them have more than 1 set (level) of texture coordinates and polygons?
Creator of Warzone 2100: Contingency!
Founder of Wikizone 2100: http://wikizone2100.wikia.com/wiki/Wikizone_2100
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

Shadow Wolf TJC wrote:Have you taken a look at the various .ani files located in the anims folder in base.wz? Notice how the .pie files associated with them have more than 1 set (level) of texture coordinates and polygons?
With deeper investigation you will see that ani files work on levels and yes derrick work like this but they are hard coded into the game to operate you cannot add to them without enabling the animation for them. See also radar animation.

I do not code but if you look at some older threads about animation you will see what can be done.

PS yes pie format states it has an animation flag 4000 and yes it will cycle for 4 frames but there is a fault in the code and yes there was a patch made years back but was not used.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Rman Virgil wrote: a tipping point if you will
Rman Virgil wrote:I forget - what are the obstacles to putting another connector & using radar dish anim?

Berg wrote:
I think the only obstacle is the enabling of animation for component pie files as with all animation in warzone the structures etc needs very little to make it work again...the pie file format is set up to have animation working.

If you would look back a couple of years I did a lot of research into animation with very little code changes it was made to work. But alas I was told by some there was no future in animation in warzone...I still chuckle at that comment.

Well there you have it unless the code is enabled we will have to stare at static rotors and pretend they turn and enjoy the new idea that scavs are not dead they are a tribe waiting for there time in the sun.

Regards Berg

Thanks Berg. I remember your anim work and it looked good. But I didn't know what happened after. Somebody actually said that. Hmmm.. I also remember when I was working with XANAX and his MECHs we hit a roadblock with the anim - it was discouraging. :(

Regards, RV.

Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

I would put this idea forward the derrick code enables ani animation for that model why cant that code be used to allow animation for every pie file that is in the game then only the ones that have ani files will animate but the models well what can i say ..they will come to life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... Xg5dLa7Dt4

That vid is frame animation and its speed is wroing in vid but ingame its greate.

Regards Berg
Giani
Regular
Regular

Post by Giani »

"If you would look back a couple of years I did a lot of research into animation with very little code changes it was made to work. But alas I was told by some there was no future in animation in warzone...I still chuckle at that comment."
Why there is no future in animation for warzone?
My maps: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9501
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

Giani wrote:Why there is no future in animation for warzone?
Thats what I wondered at the time.

It was in this thread viewtopic.php?f=33&t=5311&p=62418&hilit ... ure#p62418
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Post by Shadow Wolf TJC »

Berg wrote:
Giani wrote:Why there is no future in animation for warzone?
Thats what I wondered at the time.

It was in this thread viewtopic.php?f=33&t=5311&p=62418&hilit ... ure#p62418
Nonsense! There's always a future for animated textures, even in this day and age, whether it's for something as simple simple as making blinking lights, or animating a computer screen in-game. :lecture:
Creator of Warzone 2100: Contingency!
Founder of Wikizone 2100: http://wikizone2100.wikia.com/wiki/Wikizone_2100
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

These hard-coded decisions were made 1997-98 mainly because of the common hardware limits of the day - including WZ having to run on the PS 1 console. Needless to say those restrictions are not necessary these days.
soldadomiguee
Greenhorn

Post by soldadomiguee »

Noq installation porfa better explain to me that not much is understood that I always wanted to play with building bases attacking scavengers they always wanted to play with them but please pardon me can you explain a little better I beg
Giani
Regular
Regular

Post by Giani »

soldadomiguee wrote:Noq installation porfa better explain to me that not much is understood that I always wanted to play with building bases attacking scavengers they always wanted to play with them but please pardon me can you explain a little better I beg
I call that "spanglish", a combination of english and a bit of spanish. :P
Last edited by Giani on 02 Apr 2012, 21:36, edited 1 time in total.
My maps: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9501