FlaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Re: FlaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor

Post by Merowingg »

Is this Cyps circle above about my asking for old round circle?

I havealso noticed that after using copy paste device when I want to for example paint terrain when I press it and try to paint I still have copy paste so I click on the first tab and then again on painting to be able to paint.. Do I do something wrong? If it is intended to click copy paste again then I would like it to be able to use any tool without clicking it again..

And please don't forget the earlier questions too :)

Greetings :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Post by Cyp »

Merowingg wrote:Is this Cyps circle above about my asking for old round circle?

Yes, showing that the straight edges come from discretising the circle. (Apparently, the radius of the circle in your screenshot was a very tiny bit under 10, or 8 more points would have been included.)
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

Merowingg, I agree drawing lines could be useful. If they are for reference only you could create areas by clicking the "create area from selection" button.
I don't understand your last question about copy and paste.

Mysteryem, I didn't know about that in 3.1. FlaME is the same as 2.3 right now. I'll see what I can do.

Cyp, your picture was a little inaccurate :lecture:
It seems like the radius is exactly 9. I probably added on 0.5 because otherwise it would capture 0 vertices when set to 0.25 radius (It cant go lower than 0.25 radius otherwise the center aligns with the vertices).
circle.png
circle.png (7.58 KiB) Viewed 5601 times
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Post by Cyp »

Flail13 wrote:...

Cyp, your picture was a little inaccurate :lecture:
It seems like the radius is exactly 9. I probably added on 0.5 because otherwise it would capture 0 vertices when set to 0.25 radius (It cant go lower than 0.25 radius otherwise the center aligns with the vertices).
D'oh, yes, it's 9. Thought it was 10, since there were exactly 6 dots on the top/bottom/left/right, but radius 9 is the same in that aspect... :oops:
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Flail13: could you debug this? :shock:
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Yh once again where is this create are button ??..

And when I came across the situation mentioned befor I will explain in details then :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

create area is the first button in the script markers tab.
crass
Trained
Trained

Post by crass »

we need bigger map support it is too small for 10 players!
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

I remember on flame 1.02 I think I tried to make map 1000x1000 :) Resised and.. FlaMe crashed spectacularly :) I even remember guys showing off that they have made 254x254 maps :) so brave ;) But indeed if it could reach 300x300 then it would be good I think :hmm:

Speaking about my problem mentioned before which was not understood.. somehow it did not occur to me so far so I cannot give detailed description..

Also.. is that possible to paint (place) walls using brusch? It would be nice to have such tool (if it does not exist and I do noot know about it again) And if it would make corners and joints authomatically :)

Regards - Mero
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

The map size limit is hardcoded into the game at the moment (at a maximum of 256x256), flaME just gives you a warning.

Mero, you can essentially 'paint' walls if you tick the "automatic walls" button before placing walls in your map, then, simply place any of the '-', '+', 'T' or 'L' types of wall and they will automatically attach themselves to other walls. They won't attach to hardcrete defenses however, you'll still have to do that manually.
"...If pure awesomeness were bricks, this would be the Great Wall of China...
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Post by Goth Zagog-Thou »

My own experiments with the source code garnered some interesting results using 1000x1000 maps.

It's easy to increase the map size to even 2048x2048 in the game. The problem comes from the path finding routines. What I had happen was once a unit got past tile 249 (in any direction), it couldn't "figure out" where to go from there, and if it didn't outright crash the game (hard lockup), the unit would just sit there and not be able to move *in any direction* from that point on.

So yes, it's possible. I couldn't get pathing to work past tile 249 -- and yes, I *did* try to make it work. Perhaps one of the developers who knows the path finding code better would be willing to take a look, allowing it to work on maps that large?
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Just a little advertisement. Guys, are you aware how easily you can use FlaME with custom tiles that are in the same format that can be packed into the map?
Attachments
flame_marble.jpg
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

I didnt know aboyt that and do not remeber how it was to add those, and where we take them from?

And secondly
create area is the first button in the script markers tab.
It asks me to select something.. select what??.. again my failure.. how to use it step by step please..

I am afraid the time will come i will be so embarassed by asking here 99 999 times that i iwll remain silent and uncivilised with FlaMe.. forever :augh:

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Ah I forgot..

How is it with artefacts.. you know me with my strange ideas so my question is..

How many I can put on a map? and do those work simply as in game I asume i collect it and.. I Have Tomato Throver technology yes? and those artefacts will be generated accidentally? it will not be always somehow one by one, cannon, bug, composite and so on?

Secondly I know scavs can have now 255 structures max (why is it so?) as all player do yes? but then how many factories it can have max? 5 yes ? as on my Mero City there is about 14 :P I redid the map recently and I left those 14 as they are in symmetric order :) so what ia am asking here is.. does it hurt anyone? or those will simply stand and 5 factories will built tha savage men? and if yes which ones? :)

Regards - Mero
Delphinio
Art contributor

Post by Delphinio »

Merowingg wrote:How is it with artefacts.. you know me with my strange ideas so my question is..
How many I can put on a map? and do those work simply as in game I asume i collect it and.. I Have Tomato Throver technology yes? and those artefacts will be generated accidentally? it will not be always somehow one by one, cannon, bug, composite and so on?
Artefacts need a script, which defined what a Artefact should contain.
There happens nothing without a script.