RBL's welcome new members

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Zero[OTBK]
New user

Re: RBL's welcome new members

Post by Zero[OTBK] »

How do you join
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

play nice, often, (well¹ ?) and join IRC.

¹At least listen to the older gamers and stop making same mistakes all the time.
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
RBL-4NiK8r
Trained
Trained

Post by RBL-4NiK8r »

Merowingg wrote:Hello :)

I have a question.. RBL is the abbreviation of what words ??
Yes it stands for ReBeL, but it had to do with the first 5 members becoming rebels of WZW, see back in the beta testing of this game on Mplayer one of the biggest clans to grow on there was WZW or WarZone Warriors at its height we had over 100 members and I believe we might have been pushing close to 150, but its been 13 years. Anyways we had ranks in WZW and I along with the other 4 were Generals we recruited for WZW and trained them in T1, T2, and T3 game play. Yes we did use TeamWar map alot when it came out, but the 5 of use played low oil maps and learned our strengths and weaknesses, we learned the best tech for T1 games in Rush or Mountain and enjoyed all the stock maps as they came out in patches.

Now at the time the person running WZW-Chuck, at the time one of the best friends I had in the game, and was friendly to all noobs, as it was he didn't like people calling them noobs. Well for months Chuck was one of the best leaders in the game, but then he changed his name to WZW-LEADER and went on a power trip and the 5 of the top 6 Generals could not stand it anymore and left the clan and we made
RBL-4NiK8r
Trained
Trained

Post by RBL-4NiK8r »

RBL, the one thing we had going for us back then was we worked very well together and we also used Team Speak a new program that had just came out also. One of the other keys was the use of passing tanks and power to each other and the best defense in the game. Most defense ideas one could think of we had tried it and found out how best to beat it. Yes we were that good at this game and for the most part still are, the key thing to be RBL in the early days it was only exWZW members but that changed as time went on and before you could join you had to beat one of the 5 founders at T1 T2 and T3 or at lest put up one hell of a fight and learn from your mistakes.

Anyways my phone is dying and time to end the history of RBL.

4nE
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Post by Cyp »

Oh no, RBL members are AIs running on your dying phone? Is it possible to back them up somewhere so RBL doesn't die with your phone? It would be a shame for the history to end like that... If Effigy drops from a game, does it mean your phone that Effigy was running on might have died?
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

RBL-WARDOG related a similar story in IRC. He was recruited back in the day. All of the people you see in the lists above either learned about team play as you describe it from him (minus bad, i suppose), or were just naturally good team players. No one tried to be a hero, and communication in game was always very active. It's nice to hear that you think that was a key part of being a RBL :)

I understand you're limited to 3g internet right now, but in my own personal experience that can be good enough to join a game. 2v2 on small stock maps were usually a safe bet for me. Granted my experience in that comes from when 2.x was the most common version by far.

@ Cyp: I was transferred to a secure database about a year ago, so impending Nexus penetration there's no worries there.
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
RBL-4NiK8r
Trained
Trained

Post by RBL-4NiK8r »

Well Wardog is in Djibouti right now or the last I heard from him back before Thanksgivings, one of the reasons he comes and goes so much. Oh and I am sure when he gets time he will be back. As for me playing not tried online as it is the Aircard we have is 3/4G but where I am I get 3G and at best it may run around 56k and that's not saying much. As it stands right now I have been relearning the tech tree and playing on some of the new maps so far I only had to delete one that was pitiful, well it was a nice map in a city 8 player, but only 4 oil in base and you needed hovers to get to some of the other oil, but the worst of it was the pathing the vehicles took, the sad this was the detail was great, had to look it up TBL X1 there was just to much eyecady I can it.

I will be going to Phoenix next Thursday and Friday so I should have high speed internet at the hotel and Durango CO the week after that so more high speed, but I can't say how much free time I will have but I will TrY and get a game or two in at some point. I do see alot of little balance issues I don't like in T1 that was one game I loved T1 no base on any map. I have taken note that Borgs are more useful but I am still trying to come up with a package I like. I don't like Hover they are to easy to take out and sadly Tracks are to slow, so I may have to toy with Wheels or Halftracks. Also what maps are people playing the most these days ? Oh and does anyone have a Vent server, if not I will see if my old one is still working.

4nE
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

Last I knew wardog's plans had changed, and he wasn't going to be shipped out until a year after he was suppose to. However, recently he was was in #warzone2100-games from a hotel mid-country and said was there for new work, so idk.

Go to www.speedtest.net. If you're ping is ~300ms like mine was there's a good chance you won't lag anyone out (still probably just in small maps with low oil).

Personally, I think anything by NoQ is worth checking out. I host Snowflake, Rubber, Garden, Vision and Roughness often, though he has many to choose from. IIRC all are low-med oil.

If you feel like high oil with loaded bases checkout Merowing. Most are remakes of NTW or Squared, however, his newer maps are much ore interesting and aren't max oil.

Last but not least, anything on http://addons.wz2100.net/ or http://addons.wz2100.net/master rated 4+ should be an excellent map.
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

If there's any RBL's out there who've been considering getting back into the game now's a good time :) There's a new clan out there (RBMW) that is looking for regular competitive matches.

FYI =3
zany
Trained
Trained

Post by zany »

RBMW? what does that stand for?
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

Russian BMW (as in the automobile)
RBL-4NiK8r
Trained
Trained

Post by RBL-4NiK8r »

If I had internet I would get back to playing but right now its not happening. I am hearing they should be having a new DSL hub up in the next few months but I am not holding my breath........
I am still dropping by every now and then and get the new up dates as I can. I may try to get into a game when I get back from the east coast in 2 weeks.

4nE
Lord Apocalypse
Regular
Regular

Post by Lord Apocalypse »

long time no see 4NiK8r
RBL-WARDOG
Trained
Trained

Post by RBL-WARDOG »

Yes it is, it's about time we seen something on here from 4ni, will be glad when he starts playing again
FREEDOM for the PEOPLE by the PEOPLE
AK_ROSH
Greenhorn

Post by AK_ROSH »

[EDIT] this post messed up. O_o
Last edited by AK_ROSH on 18 Aug 2014, 15:47, edited 1 time in total.