3.1 beta7 has been released!

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

3.1 beta7 has been released!

Post by cybersphinx »

Since beta6 (and 5) would crash at random when units moved, here is beta7.

Note: If you can't start the game for whatever reason, please make a trac ticket and attach the file WZdebuginfo.txt located in your config directory so we can look at it.

Known Issues: Bug Reports:
This release probably contains bugs, please report them so they can be fixed. If you have trouble getting the game to work at all, consider a forum thread, you will probably get help faster that way.

See BugReporting for details, in short:
  • Search the existing tickets for your problem, if the problem has already been fixed in git, the ticket will be closed.
  • If there is an open one already, feel free to add more info to it.
  • If there is no report yet, make a new ticket (one per issue).
  • Be as detailed as possible in both summary and description, and either log in with your forum account or leave an email address so we can contact you if we need more information.
  • The more information we have, the easier it is to fix problems (or the other way around, the harder it is for us to reproduce a problem, the less likely it is to get fixed), so include savegames/instructions to reproduce the bug, crashdumps, backtraces, screenshots for graphical problems... whatever is relevant.
  • When you attach files to a ticket, please add each text/image file separately and uncompressed, so we can view them easily in trac (savegames can and should be zipped, they consist of name.gam, possibly name.es, and the files in the name/ folder).
About the 3.1 series:
The 3.1 series is the first based on the new netcode, with new terrain renderer and many other changes. The main target are systems capable of OpenGL 2.0 (with shaders), but at least the important things like team colours should work with OpenGL 1.4+ (some things might look strange though).

Configuration uses a new directory, if you want to use old mods/maps/savegames, you need to copy them (see FileLocations). Note that savegames from 2.3 and 3.0 are incompatible, only those from newer master snapshots might still work. For mods it depends on what they do, don't expect old mods to work either.

2.3 is now officially unsupported.

Changes since the 2.3 series:
(Items marked with a * were already in the cancelled 3.0 series)
  • New terrain renderer*
  • Support for 3*/5*/6*/7*/9/10 player maps
  • Targetting by line of sight, preventing shooting through terrain or too early*
  • Gates in multiplayer games
  • New deterministic netcode that makes sure the same things actually happen for all players, should be much more cheating-resistant
  • New power system, power is deducted in full at the start, and when power is low, in the order things were queued
  • Unit targeting is more intelligent, they won't all shoot one target when one shot is sufficient
  • Remove fog of war/mist options in favour of a combined explored/seen mode
  • Stored templates. Automatically adds a unit design when all needed research is available
  • Command line parameters now need a '=' (which was optional before), e.g. --resolution=1400x1050
  • Apple systems: Drop support for PPC and Mac OS X 10.4, add support for 64 bit Intel on Mac OS X 10.6+
Changelog for 3.1 beta7:
General
  • Fix: Don't randomly crash when moving units (#3301, fbc600ecdf)
  • Fix: When unloading a transporter, put the units on the terrain and not above or below it (#3169, f54529ae0a)
  • Fix: Improve pathfinding (c9a618cd82)
  • Fix: Save factory numbers to properly restore their order on loading (#3244, c041fb3dab)
MultiplayerTranslations Changelog for older versions: https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2 ... /ChangeLog
Full list of changes since 3.1_beta6: https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2 ... v3.1_beta7

Download:
As usual, downloads can be found on our download page or directly on Sourceforge.
We want information... information... information.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Re: 3.1 beta7 has been released!

Post by vexed »

Once again, for people that can't run any of the beta series, please run this version, so we can take a look at the file described above, and see what the issue is.

Thanks.

Note: Sorry all you rush fans, but you need to build a HQ/CC first to make more trucks.
Will fix this for the next beta. :stressed:
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
zany
Trained
Trained

Post by zany »

first bug report! http://developer.wz2100.net/ticket/3337
dibs on beta 8!
driver4
Trained
Trained

Post by driver4 »

I guess there won't be a solution to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoUcrJyV-LY
Slartifartbarstud
Trained
Trained

Post by Slartifartbarstud »

Still crashes as per beta 6. I'm running windows 7 on a dell laptop with i5 processor. Running the game in skirmish mode using one of the maps installed with the game, no mods running either. :(
Asgorath
Trained
Trained

Post by Asgorath »

zany wrote:first bug report! http://developer.wz2100.net/ticket/3337
dibs on beta 8!
Same problem here. See reply to the ticket
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

I'm glad that the important bugs like crashes are fixed though. Oh Man! those were giving me headaches! They weren't reproduce-able and I believe they were not even traceable from the crashdump files. Great job devs! Thanks again!! :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

P.S. We had an all artillery war with certain very unusual rules yesterday. And we'll keep doing such games on the beta7. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
macuser
Regular
Regular

Post by macuser »

ooo! arty war ;)
IMHO the arty targeting system is MUCH better than 2.X .

;) thnx devs
ArtRev Website

ImageImage

System: AMD Phenom II x4, 4GB RAM, 640GB HD, Nvidia GeForce GT 240 1GB, Mac OS X 10.6
Axel
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Axel »

"Still crashes as per beta 6. I'm running windows 7 on a dell laptop with i5 processor. Running the game in skirmish mode using one of the maps installed with the game, no mods running either."
It seems he have crash like my...
I play also under names: Zames, Cruel, Trauma
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

We can't know until he provides the crash dumps.

P.S. I wonder: modules are no longer removed in "medium bases" mode in 3.1. Is it a bug or a feature?
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

NoQ wrote:We can't know until he provides the crash dumps.

P.S. I wonder: modules are no longer removed in "medium bases" mode in 3.1. Is it a bug or a feature?
Somewhere in between. When I moved the logic from c++ code to js scripts, it was hard/potentially buggy to implement there, so I just left it out. People I talked to about it just shrugged at it, since it appears few people play this setting anyway.
Slartifartbarstud
Trained
Trained

Post by Slartifartbarstud »

NoQ, how do i get a crash dump? no pun intended
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

Per wrote:
NoQ wrote:We can't know until he provides the crash dumps.

Somewhere in between. When I moved the logic from c++ code to js scripts, it was hard/potentially buggy to implement there, so I just left it out. People I talked to about it just shrugged at it, since it appears few people play this setting anyway.
I wouldn't mind having 2 settings for bases. "On" or "Off" which would either give the player whatever structures the map maker placed, or just trucks.

edit: but could we do something about starting tech that exceeds what has been researched? Probably increasing the starting tech research levels would be less disruptive to players accustom to playing with bases on, though, I'd rather base settings didn't effect technology levels at all (start at "T0".
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

I prefer the 3 base settings TBH, I often use a mixture of settings in skirmish games against AIs...
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO