FlaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Re: FlaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor

Post by Flail13 »

Also, you could use the Windows portable version if you can do without being able to double click files to open them.
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

Flail13 wrote:Also, you could use the Windows portable version if you can do without being able to double click files to open them.
IIRC in Mero's case the portable versions didn't work unitl installing old versions, either. He should really comment on this... I was there, but not "there."
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
Daedalus
New user

Post by Daedalus »

Ok, so it's not the installer.

I downloaded the portable version, and now the same thing happens when it starts up. I get the splash screen, and the program asks for directories. I can start browsing and everything.

But it's still exiting the program 15 seconds after I start. All other programs and non-essential processes are stopped as before, but no luck. Still closes after 15 seconds. :augh:

This makes no sense to me... there must be a program or process running in the background that is somehow conflicting with it. I really don't suspect the program itself or else surely others would be experiencing a similar problem.

I'll try it on my laptop and see if it works, has to be something going on with my computer (or so i'm thinking).

Effigy - FWIW, I tried installing 1.19 first, but it does the exact same thing. Open the installer, it closes 15 seconds later.
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

In 1.27 I made the "ConstructorDroid" visible again. After all this time, I disabled the wrong one :(
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

@Daedalus: Maybe it's time to post your system information for Flail (gfx, RAM, cpu)?

Piriform makes a nice program for this, with the option to host your info anonymously: http://www.piriform.com/speccy
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

I wouldn't know how to fix that sort of problem. Sounds like something wrong with his system.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hello :)

I always.. always have trouble with estimating what to do beginning from downloading..

I think Flail already thinks something is wrong with me :help:

So here I am, 7 a.m. saturday morning and I desire to make a map.. and as I have FlaMe 1.25, and I am going to do a lot of craters on my map I decided to download the newest version 1.27 and.. here is an enormous obstacle.. :stressed: :oops:

Although Flail made separate link and a beutiful table :lecture: my story goes as follows..

tilesets.zip Contains 2.3 series tilesets All :arrow: does it mean it will work wit all, ALL versions of the game? 2.7/master ?

and if yes so what is the difference with

3.1_b4-objects.zip Most recent 3.1 series objects 1.26+ :arrow: :hmm: :stressed:

and... objectdata 2.3.7 mp 2.zip Objects from the 2.3 series All

I am do sorry for yet another question..

Greetings to all FlaMebiled people :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Ok i have 1.27 but look what I ment before.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=ppoad&s=5

In the past a circle brush was an exact circle, now it has 5 tiles long straight.. edges on N. S. E. W. is it to be so from now?

And I know it differs when we change its size but still the four stright edges remain..

:augh:
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

You could have used a circle of size 8.0 or 9.0 to solve your problem. The edges of a real circle are horizontal at the top and bottom, and vertical at the left and right sides.

The compatibility column tells you what version of FlaME it works with.
The name of the data set tells you what version of Warzone it works with. Don't use a more recent data set if you want it to work with an older version of Warzone.

Surely you already know this.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Flail13: i've been having troubles with "make invalid tiles" checkbox in v1.27: it still makes invalid tiles when i uncheck it; worked well in 1.25; btw this option is very useful when making a v3+ only map.
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

I can't reproduce that at all. Is there any situation where it works? Also what version of Mono?
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Eh..
You could have used a circle of size 8.0 or 9.0 to solve your problem. The edges of a real circle are horizontal at the top and bottom, and vertical at the left and right sides.
I know how to modyfy it to be more circle like now, what bothers me is why old circle is out.. i do not want 8 or 9 ones, i want any but circle :P :lecture: :hmm: :augh: :stressed:

And when you explained the table to me it sounded more simple again.. whats wrong with me :doh:

Also.. a smal request.. I would like an option where.. when I use copy paste window selection, the one I chose what to copy, and then paste, it would be nice for me to be able to fill the selected that way area with any tile I want.. I am afraid to tell what I need that fo but ok ok before you ask.. :roll:

I often draw lines, hundreds of them, to set pattern of what I create.. so if I was able to set 1/100 for example copy area and then was able to fill it with concrete on red tiles for example, I have just draw a line which is necessary for me (for something) :lecture:

Regards - Mero
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Post by Cyp »

Attachments
circleGrid.png
(2.86 KiB) Downloaded 325 times
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Flail13 wrote:I can't reproduce that at all. Is there any situation where it works? Also what version of Mono?
Hmm, can't reproduce it too :hmm: no idea what happened :oops:
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

2x1 structures in flaME are shown like this when rotated, in 3.x they rotate properly to where the white selection box is. I can't remember how 2.3 handles rotated 2x1 structures, but I think it's more like flaME atm.

Just an observation of something which has been annoying me for a bit. Not sure what should be done about it, if anything, perhaps an option maybe, don't know.
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (231.33 KiB) Viewed 5832 times
"...If pure awesomeness were bricks, this would be the Great Wall of China...
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."