Merowingg's Maps

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
brakenfur
Trained
Trained

Re: Merowingg's Maps

Post by brakenfur »

Mero you didn't mention this but DO NOT play this on skrimish becuase of our wonderfull ai don't biulding alot of tanks and borgs and like no vtols :stressed: so if you want to play this map decently play mutliplayer. Other then that great map Mero and did you notice that some of your LZs look like 27s. And about that help it really was not much don't make so much of a big deal out of it :D
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

brakenfur :)
Mero you didn't mention this but DO NOT play this on skrimish becuase of our wonderfull ai don't biulding alot of tanks and borgs and like no vtols :stressed: so if you want to play this map decently play mutliplayer.
Well we know not since yesterday that although AI is being improved all the time, there are extreme ;) conditions in which it behaves let me say as it behaves.. and in fact we can say there is nothin bad with it :lecture:

So I couldnt type so, as it would be not true :lecture: for some players testin, or even learnig (it is what I wanted to achieve too) VTOLs on skirmish will be even better for them. And the map works perfectly it is only the AI, on unusual map, and I am warning you, there will be more coming :)
Other then that great map Mero and did you notice that some of your LZs look like 27s
Well it depends on which side you look but yes it is true :) I didnt notice it before you have typed about it to me :)
And about that help it really was not much don't make so much of a big deal out of it :D
The truth is simple, it is you who helped me to provide the preview :) and I do appreciate :)

:arrow: three forthcoming maps I have on mind but I need time :!:
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
noname1208
Trained
Trained

Post by noname1208 »

This forum has gone a little dark :? Any updates Mero? On anything from real life experiences :wink: to Recent good game or development :)
"The one who looks on from the shadows and silently observes learns the most and is not shunned by either side"
brakenfur
Trained
Trained

Post by brakenfur »

last time i talke to Mero he was having some Real Life issues so i don't expect him to be able to post another map for a bit
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

noname1208 :)

As brakenfiur said I was extremely busy lately.. but another map is on its way :) I will have a little bit more time this weekend so it should help me a lot :)

brakenfur :)

Thanx for remembering, as I said I need to relax, and I should have more time, so I will finish my map as I cannot wait to work on those again :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
noname1208
Trained
Trained

Post by noname1208 »

Well, I hope that you will have a great stress-free weekend :)
"The one who looks on from the shadows and silently observes learns the most and is not shunned by either side"
butterflyluv
New user

Post by butterflyluv »

You always write 'Hello Gentlemen' on most of your maps. Do you really think that only males like warzone?
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

noname1208 :)

actually I did :) the result is beneath :)

I would also like to thank Emdek thans to whom I was able to attach the maps preview :lecture: :drinks:

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hello Gentlemen :)

It took me ages but finally I got to FlaMe :)

The map is called Meteors as its entire surface is filled with craters and remainings after the meteor storm.

The map is 200x200, for eight players, advanced bases included, gateways included, it is 12 oils per player. 4 oils in base.

It has nice texturing, I did my best to create environment which would look like after storm of meteors. The bases are protected only by few machinegun towers, and I wanted them to look like embankments of earth and concrete. Some even cover remining craters partly :)

What I am the most proud of is that it is not flat, and has multiple tricky ways both near the bases and near the drying river too :)

Have fun gentlemen :)
mero-meteors.png
Attachments
8c-Mero_Meteors.wz
Battlefield settled in after meteor storm environment :)
(68.88 KiB) Downloaded 563 times

Regards - Mero
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

The map looks pretty good, though why don't you smooth the ramps between different heights of terrain? Here's an example of what I mean:
Your map
Your map
After applying smoothing
After applying smoothing
Attachments
Smoothed heightmap
Smoothed heightmap
smoothedheights.png (16.2 KiB) Viewed 9362 times
"...If pure awesomeness were bricks, this would be the Great Wall of China...
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hi Mysteryem :)

I am glad to hear that from you :)

But I am surprised how you managed to find so reddish ;) place on my map, it looks so pale although it is not :) beyond this first meteor "dune" a litle of brown is visible on your screen :) areas of the biggest craters are "pale" as I wanted to indicate how destructive the storm was :)

Anyway to sum up the reason why I didnt use smoothing option is unbelievably simple.. I dont know how it works and whenever I tried to use it it made (even me) angry.. BlueMaxima and then Flail explained it to me long ago but yet I failed. Since then I didnt even bother..

So after this I am sending a PM to you for a smoothing tutorial :)

Bye :)

Regards - Mero
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

Heh, well, I cheated on the map above. Instead of using the smoothing tool like I usually would for the ramps, I loaded the heightmap into paint.net and used a blur plugin that I have installed. (this only worked because you'd already made at least some attempt at the ramps)

Usually in maps, I'll create the 4 or 5 distinct terrain levels either in an image editing program or in flaME itself, then use the smooth tool to create ramps between the different levels of terrain. Then exporting the heightmap with the smoothed ramps into an image editor, I'll use it to keep whatever symmetry I've decided to use. For the 3.x+ maps lately, I've been using a kaleidoscope plugin to do all the rotational symmetry for me (with a few modifications afterwards to clean up what it produces).

If there is a part of the map, which I know will be a perfect gradient or combination between a few, I'll draw that in paint.net instead of doing it in flaME, your craters in Mero_Meteors for example, I would've done with a couple of gradients instead of doing them through flaME.
"...If pure awesomeness were bricks, this would be the Great Wall of China...
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Heh, well, I cheated on the map above.
:stop: no cheating please ;) :lecture:
blur plugin
I have no idea what it is..
Usually in maps, I'll create the 4 or 5 distinct terrain levels
I do ten of them, but always the same :)
Then exporting the heightmap with the smoothed ramps into an image editor,
I have never done it before..
a kaleidoscope plugin
I have no idea what it is too..

And I have never used height map generator, I somehow conside it to be cheating..

Tmpe told me to use MyPaint then, but I am not sure how to use it.. and how to save it then..

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hello Gentlemen :)

NTW Forts is as you can see almost classic NTW map, but in this case yet another modified by me, all players are located behind terrain helping them to protect their bases or shall I say forts :)

The map is 200x200 for eight players. Advanced bases are included although not a single defence structure is used. It is because it is already very easy to turtle so I let it how you will do it up to you.

There is eight oils in each base and another twelve on the way to them. Gateways are included.

It is advisable that the same players were on each side of the valley because there is a place in each base where you can have contact with your neighbours without being allowed to go to them, but if you insist FAA games are still possible without big trouble.

If turtled appropriately the map is for sure for longer games so beware ;)

Have fun Gentlemen :)
mero-ntwforts.png
Attachments
8c-Mero_NTWForts.wz
NTW map easy to be fortified :)
(49.45 KiB) Downloaded 463 times

Regards - Mero
sg1efc
Trained
Trained

Post by sg1efc »

Thanks again Mero. :)
My Thanks to everyone past, present and future who have helped to create & continues to improve WZ2100, you're all Awesome! :)