downloading of master releases.

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Berg
Regular
Regular

Re: downloading of master releases.

Post by Berg »

Well if your going to use git and have games with your friend ... using the latest versions i would suggest you update maybe every couple of days cause a good testing would take that long in my view and anyway if the repo has an unplayable bug then you will have to update more often..

My idea of bug testing is you make a release and get a list of bugs from the users then fix every one of them ..but well???
and adding new stuff every 1/2 hour I have no answer for that question..

Lets just hope the code becomes more stable ...

lav_coyote25 wrote:if lav_coyote25 jumped of the Eiffel tower, would you follow????
If it was proven to be a bug free trip sure!!!
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

:rofl2: thanks berg i needed that. and git gui thingy finnally started to work ... is that normal for an almost 10 minute wait??? just asking.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

ok now its just sitting there with a new screen and... nothing. i suppose i have to rtfm of 10000000000 pages to get anywhere right?
:annoyed:
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

Well
lav_coyote25 wrote:is that normal for an almost 10 minute wait??? just asking.
going from what you said before that your connection speed was slow yes this could be normal

But im glad you have it set up

Regards Berg

Just a suggestion with git you maybe find life easier if you sit on the irc dev channel or the warzone regular channel cause you have cyberphinx and dak and cyp etc they handy to have around when you get git issues #warzone2100 on the freenode irc
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

Berg wrote:Well
lav_coyote25 wrote:is that normal for an almost 10 minute wait??? just asking.
going from what you said before that your connection speed was slow yes this could be normal

But im glad you have it set up

Regards Berg

Just a suggestion with git you maybe find life easier if you sit on the irc dev channel or the warzone regular channel cause you have cyberphinx and dak and cyp etc they handy to have around when you get git issues #warzone2100 on the freenode irc

well, for one, having NEVER used this before - your instructions on the dev page - leave a lot to be desired. i am one of those that once having been advised on how things work, i dont look back. its getting to the first use and the attendent aggravation that i have the most trouble with. as for irc - who is that olson individual??? stabbed me with a spoon is a normal greeting nowadays???? if so irc can get stuffed.
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

I told olson to not stab you

I cant see you on irc anyway
ODDity
Trained
Trained

Post by ODDity »

Lav, it was me and it was a bloody joke man.. you should chill out and not take IRC so serious, if you hadn't rage quit with:

<lav-coyote25> hello all.
<lav-coyote25> any one know how this git sh*t thing is supposed to freaking work???
* Olson stabs lav-coyote25 with spoon
[22:47] <lav-coyote25> and i shoot you with a 190 grain 303 ... so what Olson.
[22:47] <Olson> \o/
[22:47] <lav-coyote25> f**k this ... f*****g ass****
[22:47] * lav-coyote25 has quit (Client Quit)

and hung around for a while, all would have been good.
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

Berg wrote:Just a suggestion with git you maybe find life easier if you sit on the irc dev channel or the warzone regular channel cause you have cyberphinx and dak and cyp etc they handy to have around when you get git issues #warzone2100 on the freenode irc
We might be able to help with git issues, but then the thing has to be compiled on Windows as well, and I'm not sure if anyone regularly on IRC knows about that... So I'm not sure using git is the right suggestion.
We want information... information... information.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

Berg wrote:I told olson to not stab you
I cant see you on irc anyway
cause after i was stabbed i swore and left. no mood to eff around. its been that kind of a day. surrounded by :stressed: .

anyways... and i see i was responded to by the spoon stabber.... well, if you had the day i had, you also would have done exactly the same thing... irc and me have never seen eye to eye. ok oddity - noted that it was a joke. perhaps tomorrow i wuill chuckle at the joke. but today isnt tomorrow. :hmm:

oh my god. before i was able to post - again - not the right option???? ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! see - it isnt just me. just release the darn warzone2100.exe. and if the data has changed that much, then release the whole thing. that will make life easier for the end users. which, by the way, are the ones doing all the testing. or am i wrong on that???? :lecture:
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

cybersphinx wrote:So I'm not sure using git is the right suggestion.
I do advise against git too
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

ok - you are both correct. me / normal non hep cat dev type community members will not have a good experience with that option. can the buildbot be setup to only give the warzone 2100 . exe when the main data has not changed? and to output the whole 141 mb if it has? would be a lot simpler and non aggravating to have this as an option. plus , you would have more people willing to test. due to the amounts of the downloads not being a constant 141 mb. right??? :hmm:
Searge-Major
Trained
Trained

Post by Searge-Major »

Is there any way to make WZ update-able? I'm thinking like a button somewhere in options where you can just click "update" and it will download any updates, not the full 141 MB. :) All very simple and user friendly. :)

Edit: WZ can connect to the lobby anyway, so maybe it wouldn't be too hard to implement such a feature? The only problem then is downloading it. :ninja:

Just a thought. :geek:
I fully realise my input is just another drop in the proverbial bucket. It is my goal to make each drop count.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

Searge-Major wrote:Is there any way to make WZ update-able? I'm thinking like a button somewhere in options where you can just click "update" and it will download any updates, not the full 141 MB. :) All very simple and user friendly. :)

Just a thought. :geek:

is a brilliant idea. one that has been suggested prior if i am not mistaken, just for the life of me i cant remember the answer.... something along the lines of " too much coding or too much ...whatever.... " but as i said, i cant remember... :hmm:
Searge-Major
Trained
Trained

Post by Searge-Major »

lav_coyote25 wrote:
is a brilliant idea.
I'm full of them. :P
one that has been suggested prior if i am not mistaken, just for the life of me i cant remember the answer.... something along the lines of " too much coding or too much ...whatever.... " but as i said, i cant remember... :hmm:
Well, as I'm not a coder I can't really say much on that... but I think it's a very good idea anyway, and would certainly help with multiplayer games, as you wouldn't have to worry about version compatibility as much.
I fully realise my input is just another drop in the proverbial bucket. It is my goal to make each drop count.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

lav_coyote25 wrote:
lav_coyote25 wrote:
NoQ wrote:
Berg wrote:Your not being helpfull and dragging quotes from different threads is just confusing the topic

If you cant be constructive dont post... no wonder folks get frustrated with warzone forum and its inhabitants!
Sorry :oops: lav just did something like that in my thread, so i thought it was just fine :oops:
what??? where??? show me. where i post, it isnt off topic. i want answers or i provide answers. perhaps your looking at things wrong. :hmm:
and if lav_coyote25 jumped of the Eiffel tower, would you follow???? just asking. not being sarcastic.
Ok, go on jumping off Eiffel towers, i don't mind.

P.S. I was talking about this.
Not just offtopic, but plain insult. I don't mind having no feedback at all, but being constantly insulted by project staff (and, even more importantly, seeing others insulted as well) doesn't really add up to the enthusiasm. I don't think i'll be able to stand that for much longer.