Request: No Research AI

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
hjhjhj
Trained
Trained

Request: No Research AI

Post by hjhjhj »

Hey!

Me and my pals play this game. But we really like to play T1 - We do it by playing with no research facilitys available to build and setting the map to T2 mode.

But when we play with an AI, it bugs. The AI's are broken when it cant build a research facility or a Cyborg factory.

So what A.I is out there that can actually play without breaking up and just starts to hang with a Command Center and Factory?

The AI's we have tried, is the stock one, DyDo and BecomePray. Please dont say SuperAI :stressed:

Thanks
AKA. Balano
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Re: Request: No Research AI

Post by lav_coyote25 »

hjhjhj wrote:Hey!

Me and my pals play this game. But we really like to play T1 - We do it by playing with no research facilitys available to build and setting the map to T2 mode.

But when we play with an AI, it bugs. The AI's are broken when it cant build a research facility or a Cyborg factory.

So what A.I is out there that can actually play without breaking up and just starts to hang with a Command Center and Factory?

The AI's we have tried, is the stock one, DyDo and BecomePray. Please dont say SuperAI :stressed:

Thanks
well, you are going to have to design a new AI. from scratch. i can tell you where to find some great tutorials, but i have this suspicion that isnt what you want to do. right? :)
hjhjhj
Trained
Trained

Post by hjhjhj »

lav_coyote25 wrote: well, you are going to have to design a new AI. from scratch. i can tell you where to find some great tutorials, but i have this suspicion that isnt what you want to do. right? :)
You have no idea how badly i want to. But coding is still not something i have the time to put my self through. If just there was a simple way to create the A.I - Or modify a standard one. Like, removing its codes to research and modify the building and manufactoring process and add a "push defence" (Cant remember from what A.I, but after several hours, it moved its defence to my base.. Around 50 tiles?) instead.

But try and give me the links to the A.I tutorials... I will maybe give it a try :lecture:
AKA. Balano
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

advising you right now. is not easy. read over all the information. i am not an AI person... all i have done is gather the resources and put them up. note: the information is old. i dont believe there has been too many changes... if there has been, i have requested ( numerous times!!!!) that the information be updated by those that changed it. my requests have largely been ... overlooked??? ignored???? whatever. anyways, here is the link: http://members.shaw.ca/kgmetcalfe4/
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

I think this shouldn't be really hard; probably a one-line change in the Nexus AI script. I can try looking into it when i get some time. Anyhow, disabling research completely (regardless of the limits) is easy.
hjhjhj
Trained
Trained

Post by hjhjhj »

lav_coyote25 wrote:advising you right now. is not easy. read over all the information. i am not an AI person... all i have done is gather the resources and put them up. note: the information is old. i dont believe there has been too many changes... if there has been, i have requested ( numerous times!!!!) that the information be updated by those that changed it. my requests have largely been ... overlooked??? ignored???? whatever. anyways, here is the link: http://members.shaw.ca/kgmetcalfe4/
I have already looked into that site.. Clicked your name, and your website :lol2: Written in 2005 - Well... :hmm:

It is acutally not complicated, but more timeconsuming. Time is not something i have a lot of. :stressed:

Read about the BecomePray A.I to, damn.. 2.5 years to develop an A.I? :shock: :geek: :annoyed:
NoQ wrote:I think this shouldn't be really hard; probably a one-line change in the Nexus AI script. I can try looking into it when i get some time. Anyhow, disabling research completely (regardless of the limits) is easy.
Trunk - Or the new Version(?) Is not the version we/I play. We play 2.3.9. The Nexus A.I. has been written to Trunk - Or can it be used on older versions to?

If you can make the changes - i will be grateful :!!!: :3

--

I remeber, i think it was Roman, who made a T1 Mod. Limiting all the research to T1. But it doenst work anymore, and did not work up to its purpose anyhow. The A.I obliterated me with Gauss after some time :stressed: But maybe all this can be reduced to a simple mod? Limiting research? Or would that breake the A.I because of no research available?
AKA. Balano
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

The Nexus A.I. has been written to Trunk - Or can it be used on older versions to?
The Nexus A.I. is the name for the classic A.I. in the trunk; it had just slight modifications to get compatible with master, but its behaviour is the same.

On the other hand, while looking through the scripting guide, i didn't yet see which functions actually respect the structure limits. So if i fail to make the actual AI respect them, i'd make a "no-research" AI personality that will just not research anything regardless of limits, while having some reasonable templates for every tech level.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

isStructureAvailable(structstat, player) and structureLimitReached(structstat, player) will both check structure limits for you.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Ok, nice! I wasn't sure about isStructureAvailable, and structureLimitReached is not mentioned in the manual. It's easy then, i'll have a look soon (:
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Finally getting back to my gaming PC, i couldn't really reproduce your problem. The classic AI of 2.3.9 is a bit slow when lab limit is set to 0, but it still does things, and, on the other hand, it doesn't violate the limit (even though it tries to).

Anyhow, i added some extra checks to the latest version of my "MCRbot" AI mod, so you can try if it's any better (?)
hjhjhj
Trained
Trained

Post by hjhjhj »

Hey!

Thanks will try that out. So far, the only AI that is up to competition is BecomePray. But that is a hard A.I. :annoyed:

Did you start with bases then?
AKA. Balano
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Hmm, what's the point of starting with bases when bases usually have research labs?
hjhjhj
Trained
Trained

Post by hjhjhj »

You said
NoQ wrote: The classic AI of 2.3.9 is a bit slow when lab limit is set to 0, but it still does things, and, on the other hand, it doesn't violate the limit (even though it tries to).
So i understood it like, that the A.I wanted to research, but could not because of the limits, hence my question about the base :hmm:

You also say that the standard A.I plays slow, but still plays. Yes, it plays, but, i have not seen it build more than one factory and one cyborg factory througout the game. I monitored the behavior with "deity", the trucks were mostly sitting idle, only when a derrick bacame available or when a structure is hit they start to function.
AKA. Balano
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

NoQ wrote:
Hmm, what's the point of starting with bases when bases usually have research labs?
now this is only accurate if the map maker has placed research labs when making bases. i have checked this out with my own maps. if i have placed 10 or 20 research labs on the map, say in my base only. and i use the start with bases instead of the advanced bases tab... then all 10 /20 research labs will show up. now if on the other hand i placed nothing except for the command center and 5 trucks... then that is all that will show up... even on advanced bases. the only way to ensure that no one has an advantage of any sort will be to start with NO bases. unless of course your speaking about something entirely different.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Yes, it plays, but, i have not seen it build more than one factory and one cyborg factory througout the game.
I admit it, yeah, it tries to keep a balance between labs and different factories. Good point. MCRbot also suffers from that, but it builds at least three factories, 5 borg factories and a VTOL factory regardless.