New HQ and other pies...

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Re: New HQ and other pies...

Post by Rman Virgil »

Serman wrote: Apparently, nobody here can take a damn joke.
* I think we are all joking, here. :)

* And I think we're all kwel with it.

* Now we just have stop hijacking Grim's thread & get back on topic.

--------> * Here let me get it going....

* In quickly perusing the IRQ Logs I think I caught mention of 32EW undergoing further development...

* Is that so ?

* And if yea, can you shed some details on what to expect in the way of enhancements to the Map Editor ?

* Any work done in the current version - will it have to be redone from scratch ? (Not that I would mind the trade-off for a more robust editor..,)

- RV :)

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

-------->

* Wow..... that was "cosmic" - brain waves musta crossed along the way there...

* Kwel... you answered the questions as I formulated them.... :)

* That is such great news. It makes me really happy & I look foward to useing all the new stuff with a passion for creation. :D

- RV  :)

* EDIT: I'm even more glad to hear Qamly's nick again...... for some reason I've had miss-givings about his well being for a good while now. My regards, He's a kwel cat & I remember well his fair voice of sanity during a turbulent time. It meant a lot to me personally :)
Last edited by Rman Virgil on 14 Oct 2007, 17:16, edited 1 time in total.

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
NucNut
Trained
Trained

Post by NucNut »

Okay, sorry for the last post Serman, i couldn't resist  :D

I'm honestly looking foward to the release of this project.

BTW, anyword on gates? There was a Gates mode for WZ2100 just after the source code was released...

Also, i remember there being a big debate about the creation of bridges/tunnels because of 3D limitations of the WZ engine or something.

Would be kweel though...
REDAC Aerospace: Proving that aircraft and terrain don't mix since 2005 :D
XFire Profile: dogzeroonefox
NucNut
Trained
Trained

Post by NucNut »

(Please God, get past the Vista problems...)

Unfortunately, all this will be for sh@t unless we get past the Vista issues (My crapper-graphics laptop can run WZ, but Vista can't - yet WZ retail works fine...)

PLEASE...... Help me WZ-Modders, you're my only hope  ;)
kage
Regular
Regular

Post by kage »

wz modders won't be helping you with vista problems... you need to talk to the developers for that.

also, gates may actually just slow your own units down (and look cool) with no other benefit, since it's most common for very heavy defenses to be placed both inside and outside any entrance to the base, and because of that it's suicide for any enemy to try to enter your base without trying to weaken those defenses (thus the defenses are what's stopping them from entering, not a gate).  furthermore, the only kind of gate big enough to stop a tank from just driving through it is a blast door, which you'd never put on the outside of an open-air base -- in the kind of bases you see in wz, you'd just have a sliding chain-link fence which even a viper-wheels-flamer could knock down.  chain-link fences would definitely be very useful if infantry were a problem, especially if they could be stealthy at night and sneak in to plant explosives, but that's another game.

however... if it looks cool, i'm sure it's redeemable as a concept, and it definitely would make a great motif in scav bases.
Chojun
Regular
Regular

Post by Chojun »

Yes.
The best thing to do when your philosophies don't stand up to debate is to lock the thread and claim victory.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

-------->

* And may I suggest another use for "Gates".....

* As the entrance to TUNNELS....

* Yes.... I said "Tunnels"...

* They can be achieved scriptomatically in CAM mode - something we discovered, oh, maybe? 6 years ago..... among other mind blowing "effects" like "mucky swamps" that donot require an engine over-haul. (Speedy utilized in "AI Boost" - portrayed more as a "Star-Gate"..)

EDIT: * Let me provide an example of how this could play-out invoking entirely new GPMs & more diverse strats (on offense & defense).

* K..... we'll start with the map title: Citadels Unvanquishable (as co-creator I can use "Citadel" again for a map title).

* Instead of your typical Base on an exposed terrace (w/ ramps if elevated) you have it surrounded by natural escarpement 2-3 tiles high. In other words your Base resides in a box canyon.

* You enter and exit by 2 means alone: "Tunnel Gates" & "Air-Lift"...

* The walls and defenses you would need to build would be to (1) Protect your "Gated Tunnels" & (2) "AA" along your mountain ridges for enemy air attacks (which map-makers would have to make buildable unlike Pumpkin's stock maps)...

* 'Course you could have "internal ramps"? (& external too)..... depends on how intricate you wanna get with your mission goals & map design.....(you could make them so they are only traversable by infantry/borgs & not armor - lots of variants)

** EDIT: Wait a sec...... there IS a way to do Tunnels withOUT Scripts or an engine over-haul...... & I'm not the only one who knows HOW. ;)
Last edited by Rman Virgil on 16 Oct 2007, 12:54, edited 1 time in total.

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
NucNut
Trained
Trained

Post by NucNut »

Nice, Nice..

Oh, and BTW, i just got new Nvidia drivers for my computer and now WZ works perfectly!!!  :D

I would like to see designable defences, and the "flying battleship" concept - a transport akin to a spooky hercules gunship - or even Dale Brown's EB-52 Megafortress (Read flight of the Old Dog - Absolutely kick A@@ book)

Finally, could someone remake the transport appearance? I mean, the current one looks like its supposed to be part airship, and that doesn't make sense - also, can sum1 convert the current .pie (LARGE) transport file to .3ds and post it here? I want to fly it in Orbiter.  ;)
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

NucNut wrote: Nice, Nice..
Oh, and BTW, i just got new Nvidia drivers for my computer and now WZ works perfectly!!!  :D
* SWEET !  ;D
I would like to see designable defences, and the "flying battleship" concept - a transport akin to a spooky hercules gunship - or even Dale Brown's EB-52 Megafortress (Read flight of the Old Dog - Absolutely kick A@@ book)
* Hmmm..... let me go get a concept model....

Please Note: This concept model doesNOT represent Grim's GFX / Model work..... rather it from my own WZ 2120 ManGodAi CAM Archive....

* ALSO: This model is NOT based on Battle of the Bulge, WWII, doctrine (like WZ 2100, basically is.)

* RATHER it is instead based on 4G-Army After Next 21st Century Doctrine which, IMHO, will be even more valid in the Post Nuke Game World of WZ 22K.

* That 22K doctrine breaks-down to 4-key tech principles: (1) Micro Air Drone Recon (2) the Digital Battlefield (3) multi-pronged Asymetric Maneuver with (4) Velocity. (Getting into more detail here would be out of place)
Finally, could someone remake the transport appearance? I mean, the current one looks like its supposed to be part airship, and that doesn't make sense - also, can sum1 convert the current .pie (LARGE) transport file to .3ds and post it here? I want to fly it in Orbiter.  ;)
* Agreed... the Armor Transport does have a Dirigible look to it which doesn't fit with Project Tech and should be be considered for a make-over (same with the cobbled together, texture-wise, Troop Transport).

* HOWEVER...... Dirigibles & Ultra-Lights DO fit quite nicely for advanced Scav Tech (among other new Scav-only goodies)... ;)

- RV  8)
Last edited by Rman Virgil on 16 Oct 2007, 08:40, edited 1 time in total.

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Serman
Trained
Trained

Post by Serman »

Scavengers are short-lived in wz2100

For some reason, they simply vanish in Beta and Gamma sector, instead of re-appearing, stronger and more formidable.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Serman wrote:
Scavengers are short-lived in wz2100

For some reason, they simply vanish in Beta and Gamma sector, instead of re-appearing, stronger and more formidable.
* Yes, this is something that has facinated me since '99 and indeed there where scores of players back then that shared a desire to really take Scavs to a new level in a Wz Sequel CAM.

* We bagan to work on it & came up with some fabulous stuff that was put in mothballs for a number of reasons.

* After a hiatus of a few years - I'm happy to say we're back at it. :)

* At this point it's looking like we are gonna take the sequel to 2200 - covering a 100 years after the end of the original CAM.

* For now that is all I can say on the subject.

* However I do want to make a point of saying your spirited insights & contagious enthusiasm are much appreciated. You are  obviously a bonafide gamer & avid fan of WZ. :D

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo