Merowingg's Maps

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Boris
Trained
Trained

Re: Merowingg's Maps

Post by Boris »

if you create map for hover and vtols you need custom mod!..edit script to improve that..
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Boris :)

Not only I have no idea what are you talking about but also I am not going to create any mods or intenfere into scripts as I have no idea how to do so, and it is no fun for me, and I am not willing to even try in the future, but thanx for a very aggresive suggestion? ;)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Boris
Trained
Trained

Post by Boris »

not aggresive..just need to make hover and vtols stronger and faster,that is simple. by..
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

As far as i know, Mero hasn't ever intended to make a map suitable for skirmish. Don't even try. Multiplayer only :3
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Boris, I see, well as I said I dont know how and it wouldnt make me happy when working on it.

NoQ :)
Well that is true..

It is due to couple of reasons.. I am not sure about the skirmis rules of how a good map for it should look like, its features, and how implement, does it differ or I simply put into the same folder? ;)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
noname1208
Trained
Trained

Post by noname1208 »

I have played most of your maps in skirmish, i rarely play multiplayer (once or twice a week) but they all seem to work for me :)

And by the way, map looks cool :)
"The one who looks on from the shadows and silently observes learns the most and is not shunned by either side"
brakenfur
Trained
Trained

Post by brakenfur »

great map mero and we don't hate you for making another NTW i like it just if you favor your sanity don't play this on skrimish becuase the idiot AI was just have mostly ground units just up against the water front and doing no thing though it is a AI so i have no i idea what i'm expcting. I would like to make a requst for a skrimish freindly map cause i'm not on Muti player that much anymore beucase of my messed up internet i'm playing a game and my internet would go dead for thirty second and i would lose connection. :annoyed: :annoyed: :dash1:
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Gentlemen :)

noname1208 well I am happy to hear that, speaking of how the map looks like.. well believe me I am do aware of the fact that it may not be extremely sophisticated, or shall I say challenging in any way, to sum up one could say I have just put stripes of water on NTW ;) anyway I do create what I want to and creating a map like this is not always very easy becuse of how it looks like. As it is NTW and I dare to say NTW only I am trying to push to extremes its "usual" pattern and make it look nice at least visually, as it has not necessarily a lot to over in case of terrain. There will always will be NTW haters and lovers, and I am trying to vary my NTW ideas as much as possible to make at least few of representatives of both groups happy ;)

brakenfur 54 there will always be a person who will consider creating another NTW a crime ;) however as I said I am trying to push its pattern to extremes. And believe me I do know AI shows great failure when it comes to crossing water. I do know they gather a lot of ground units at shores which are the nearest to the nearest enemys :) I have learnt that after my frist Isles map :) But thanx for the warning, maybe the others and new will not be so surprised ;) I am sorry to hear that you cannot play the multiplayer.. I wish you beter connection then! and speaking about your request for a skirmish friendly map, well I will talk with my friends about skirmish friendl mechanisms of a map, and then I will try to put it into shape and practice :) but I do not promise the skirmish towarding map will be next I will create.

Thank you for your posts.

Bye :)

Regards - Mero
sg1efc
Trained
Trained

Post by sg1efc »

Thanks for this latest map Mero. :)
My Thanks to everyone past, present and future who have helped to create & continues to improve WZ2100, you're all Awesome! :)
NEXUS Destruction
Trained
Trained

Post by NEXUS Destruction »

The new NTW map can't be crossed just by VTOLs or Hovers. Transporters can ship units across. You could also ship some artillery units to the section of land before the enemy base with a truck for building a sensor tower and use those to take out the enemy defenses.
Windows 7 Home Premium & Mac OS X
Computer 1: intel Pentium Dual-Core 2.66 Ghz Processor, Nvidia Ge-Force 9600GT & 3GB RAM
Computer 2:Mid-2010 Model 27" iMac (intel Core i3 3.2Ghz Dual-Core Processor, ATI Radeon HD 5670 1GB & 4GB RAM)
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Well it is I hope obvious that anything that can fly here, vtol or transport, and any kind of unit we put on hover are the units that cross over the water and any weapon of longe range too.. It is I assume clear for us all.. or at least for all not extremely begginers.. even nothing have to fly or hover ;) over the water in any place if we are being amazingly strict in description.. if a player makes a transport and put a wheel truck onto it or any other wheel or foot or shall I say metal foot ;) on it, the transport can land just behind your base on the top of the cliff and march and drive by the side to the opposite part of the map :lecture: damn a tactic of the year ;) and spoiler for many I suppose as many wouldnt think about it or at least at first :)

Anyway..

Why do I have a feeling that another time a way to quarrel is being looked for.. :annoyed: :hmm:

But accidentally you have reminded me about my idea that I had and have forgotten and which I will apply on one of forthcoming maps :hmm:

So let me find a good part in that..

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hello Gentlemen :)

So far you have been introduced to many court members of NTW family and there will be more for sure :lecture:

At the same time I decided to put into NTW world some places near the royal court castle :)

As a result here I am to give you the NTWRoad :) The preview of the map does not show why the map is called road, but the screen taken during the game does. It is simply the road or shall I say a lot of roads connected into one very big one.

The map is 200x200, for eight players, 40 oils in base, advanced bases included.

I have tried to vary the pattern of how I put NTW bases on the NTW maps and I think I have managed at least partly :) I will keep on experimenting now.

Be sure to see here not only people from the court but also areas near the castle, maybe even the castle itself!

Have fun gentlemen :)
wz2100-20111204_101527-main.png
wz2100-20111204_101456-Mero_NTWRoad-T1.png
Attachments
8c-Mero_NTWRoad.wz
The road near the castle :)
(58.04 KiB) Downloaded 400 times
Last edited by Merowingg on 04 Dec 2011, 23:13, edited 1 time in total.

Regards - Mero
sg1efc
Trained
Trained

Post by sg1efc »

Merowingg wrote:Hello Gentlemen :)

So far you have been introduced to many court members of NTW family and there will be mose for sure :lecture:

At the same time I decided to put into NTW world some places near the royal court castle :)

As a result here I am to give you the NTWRoad :)
Thank you. :)
My Thanks to everyone past, present and future who have helped to create & continues to improve WZ2100, you're all Awesome! :)
noname1208
Trained
Trained

Post by noname1208 »

When you mentioned "Maybe even the castle itself" It gave me an idea about an extreme ntw map that caps it all, NTW Castle :)

I just get an image in my head about it :lol2:
"The one who looks on from the shadows and silently observes learns the most and is not shunned by either side"
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

sg1efc my pleasure :)

noname1208 hello :) well I am sorry but I dont understand you in this "caps it all" sentence and in the one that you are imagining this particular NTW too.. can you pleae paraphrase both sentences?

It might be me.. I am tired and wht is more another weekend with studies starts tomorrow..

Thanx fort the posts Gentlemen :)

Regards - Mero