Simple,but Effective Ideas

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Warzone_Fan
Trained
Trained

Simple,but Effective Ideas

Post by Warzone_Fan »

Most of the ideas i'll propose now are relatively simple to implement and useful.

Transport Bay for VTOL

First a transport unit for tanks to be implemented in VTOL's since they move faster than tiger tracks heavy cannon, the carrying capacity could be changed depending on the carrying unit class and carried unit class, the initial realtions are as follows :
  • A Heavy class VTOL chassis will carry 20 light chassis units, 10 medium units and 5 heavy units.
    A Medium class VTOL chassis will carry 10 light chassis units, 5 medium units and 3 heavy units.
    A Light class VTOL chassis will carry 5 light chassis units, 2 medium units and 1 heavy unit.
You can mix up the classes just have in mind the relation : heavy units value is 3, medium units value is 2 and light is 1, and carrying capacity of the Heavy, Medium and Light VTOL are respectively 20, 10 and 5.
If a Transport Unit is destroyed in air, all units loaded, die as well, the exp received is equal to as if the unit destroyed all loaded units one-by-one.

Global Production, Research and Transport Menus

This is a very useful feature, indeed :hmm: , think a little, what if you can, with one click assign your 5 factories to build the unit you just ordered, wouldn't be cool :D ? for researches how about if the tech currently researching are removed from the global menu and after the 5 ones are already researching, the menu will close automatically, but it could be called normally.
To summon the globa menu just shift+click the hotkey for production and research.
About the Transport menus, isn't annoying having to click every transporter and unit to unload all? what i wanted was an option to unload and load all units of the selected transports, it could be in the same place of the queue button of the factory.

Please left your opinion. :)
  • If you do things right people won’t be sure you did anything at all.
    One man’s criticism worth more than a million men approval.
    The real power is to rule over your own anger.
    Don’t Hope For Change, Make The Change You Hope For.
Corporal Punishment
Trained
Trained

Re: Simple,but Effective Ideas

Post by Corporal Punishment »

As far as transports go, we have the cyborg transport and the super transport from campaign that will, at some point, be accessible for multiplayer. Still, I would support another transport VTOL as a systems turret to be accessed through the design system under one condition: Make it so that it carries a single vehicle up to it's own size under it's belly. Pretty much like the carry-all from Dune.
Qui desiderat pacem bellum praeparat
Flavius Vegetius Renatus, De re militari
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

It already is in MP, you just need to play the snapshot builds.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
Ezio
Trained
Trained

Post by Ezio »

with a single strike i could get a Regular rank :hmm:
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Post by Shadow Wolf TJC »

Warzone_Fan wrote:Most of the ideas i'll propose now are relatively simple to implement and useful.

Transport Bay for VTOL

First a transport unit for tanks to be implemented in VTOL's since they move faster than tiger tracks heavy cannon, the carrying capacity could be changed depending on the carrying unit class and carried unit class, the initial realtions are as follows :
  • A Heavy class VTOL chassis will carry 20 light chassis units, 10 medium units and 5 heavy units.
    A Medium class VTOL chassis will carry 10 light chassis units, 5 medium units and 3 heavy units.
    A Light class VTOL chassis will carry 5 light chassis units, 2 medium units and 1 heavy unit.
You can mix up the classes just have in mind the relation : heavy units value is 3, medium units value is 2 and light is 1, and carrying capacity of the Heavy, Medium and Light VTOL are respectively 20, 10 and 5.
If a Transport Unit is destroyed in air, all units loaded, die as well, the exp received is equal to as if the unit destroyed all loaded units one-by-one.
I think that, for balancing reasons, I'd rather prefer if we just develop 1 or more VTOL systems (with different weights) that allow VTOLs to pick up and carry just one tank at a time, or several cyborgs at a time, but not both at the same time. That way, if a player attempts to airlift a whole bunch of tanks towards an opponent's base, that the opponent would be able to shoot down at least some of the aircraft (and their cargo) before they can drop off their tanks. If these systems would also transport Cyborgs, then I fear that it would make our existing Cyborg Transport redundant, if not obsolete.
Global Production, Research and Transport Menus

This is a very useful feature, indeed :hmm: , think a little, what if you can, with one click assign your 5 factories to build the unit you just ordered, wouldn't be cool :D ? for researches how about if the tech currently researching are removed from the global menu and after the 5 ones are already researching, the menu will close automatically, but it could be called normally.
To summon the globa menu just shift+click the hotkey for production and research.
About the Transport menus, isn't annoying having to click every transporter and unit to unload all? what i wanted was an option to unload and load all units of the selected transports, it could be in the same place of the queue button of the factory.

Please left your opinion. :)
I personally like this idea as well, though maybe not in the same way as you'd like it to be. In Starcraft 2, players could assign buildings to groups as well as units. When selecting what to build or research while multiple buildings are selected, the unit or tech to produce/research is assigned to the queue of the building with the least number of objects already on its queue.
Creator of Warzone 2100: Contingency!
Founder of Wikizone 2100: http://wikizone2100.wikia.com/wiki/Wikizone_2100
Mugetsu
New user

Post by Mugetsu »

[q]If these systems would also transport Cyborgs, then I fear that it would make our existing Cyborg Transport redundant, if not obsolete.[/q]

Actually, that would massively improve the unpredictability of the gameplay. Is that strike force dropping paratroopers (maybe 1-3 a VTOL) to mess with your trucks rapidly building AA or is it just bombing the hell out of you?