FlaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Re: FlaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor

Post by Goth Zagog-Thou »

Cyp wrote:
Goth Zagog-Thou wrote:As long as it isn't Gentoo. :lol2:

Anyway Flail, good job on the latest release.
What's wrong with Gentoo?
My personal experiences with Gentoo have been less than positive. Maybe I should give it another try -- it *has* been 5 years. :lol2:
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

actually, save your time... i tried it just a few months back... couldn't get it to start no how. chalked it up to bad karma. :)
tux112
New user

Post by tux112 »

Hello Flail13

Sorry for posting so late. I checked out the memory usage. Mono never gets a higher value as 109Mb. The crashes only appear if I change the height of the map.

I´ve tryed out FlaME 1.24 because I thought it would help, but it always crashes Unity, the Ubuntu GUI, completely, using 134 Mb of RAM. Then I always have to restart the GUI with Alt+Print+K. :cry:

I can´t post the commandline messages, without the GUI that´s not possible. So I removed version 1.24 and changed back to always crashing 1.23.
Saluir
New user

Post by Saluir »

I have two more questions.

1) Does the terrain decide if a truck can't go over it? In other words the angle has nothing to do with it right? If that's true can you give me the colors of those terrains.

2) Is there anyway I can slow down hovercrafts on water?

3) have a 3d modeler. Can I make a 3d map on that and import it into flame, instead of a grayscale heightmap? So can flame import any 3d files?

Thanks,
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

1. Yeah right. Angle has nothing to do with it. It is determined by terrain textures (which can be reassigned, that is, you can change "tile types" of textures to make certain textures passable or water or unpassable)
2. No, though probably it is possible (but rather not) through some stat embedding (via map-mods), but it's not related to FlaME.
3. Impossible. You have only a few different tiles you can use on a single map (around 80 or so, depending on a tileset), so i think you can't place arbitrary image as a whole-map texture. You can still try to use custom textures instead of the in-game ones; see Marble as an example of how it's done via the map-mod mechanism.
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

It's probably possible to render 3D terrain as a heightmap to then import.
We want information... information... information.
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Post by Goth Zagog-Thou »

Flail, I've got a feature request. :D

Can we apply the 'Flatten under oil' to all features objects? I've been getting tear-thru on maps sometimes.

Oh -- and are there any plans to have map rendering with 3.0+ tilesets? It would help me a great deal.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

Goth Zagog-Thou wrote: Oh -- and are there any plans to have map rendering with 3.0+ tilesets? It would help me a great deal.
Ugh, I hope not. :dash1:

There is no tileset per se, it is a different design, and it takes lots of fine tuning to get everything setup correctly.
Soon as someone has the time, this will change into something more manageable.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

an we apply the 'Flatten under oil' to all features objects? I've been getting tear-thru on maps sometimes.
Well sounds really useful.. my bases areas are very often extremely flat becuse I am afraid the buildings will not fit or trucks will be climbing next to them..
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

I'm suddenly having troubles compiling my latest map :oops: Actually, the compilation finishes correctly, but:

1. The game shows errors about overlapping features in stderr, even though i can't see them inside FlaME, and FlaME itself doesn't complain in compile-time.
2. Some oil derricks at the bottom half of the map are unbuildable (same symptoms as if they were beyond the scroll limits, even they are closer to the middle of the map instead) (the map is symmetric, and the copy-paste-related top half works fine).

I tried falling back to FlaME v1.23, but it had no effect.

(upd: renamed the file, so that not to produce different map versions with the same name)
Attachments
4c-Village_bug.wz
(41.53 KiB) Downloaded 309 times
Last edited by NoQ on 25 Nov 2011, 20:42, edited 2 times in total.
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

It appeared at first that the position of 2 tile wide structures/features was off for the bottom half and potentially other structures on the bottom half as well. Annoyingly, FlaME doesn't support manual fraction-of-a-tile positioning so I converted to the dreaded .lnd.

Using editworld, I have been able to see that every single object below the half way point in the map, is shifted 1/128th of a tile to the left and 1/128th of a tile up from where it should be. Which is causing the following effect:

In-game, player structures will automatically snap to posistion in order to fill tiles correctly. Features however, will remain in their exact position (a feature I like) however, the hit boxes will snap to their tiles just like player structures. Causing the player structures to match with their moved hitboxes and the features to not. Causing things like this:
ImageImage

Falling back to a previous version of FlaME probably had no effect due to the map data remaining the same. Placing objects anew in the older version would probably work, it would be quite tedious, but fortunately, this only really has an effect on 2 tile wide/high structures/features. So your best bet is to open the map in an older version and replace each of the structures/features in question, in the bottom half of the map.

My question though, is the bottom half the half that you placed by hand? (in which case, the placement in the first place is the problem)
Or is the bottom half the half that you mirrored? (in which case, that is probably what is at fault)
"...If pure awesomeness were bricks, this would be the Great Wall of China...
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Cool o.O

I did mirrors several times. Some were from top to bottom (that is, top copied and bottom pasted), and some were from left to right (probably some were from right to left as well), but i don't think i have ever copied bottom to top. Which would mean something is wrong with copy-paste mechanism, but this would also mean that re-doing the copy-paste in an older version could work.

Trying now ...

Upd: Re-copy-paste'ing with v1.20 fixed it! Even though it didn't work with v1.23. I'm able to reproduce the bug again by redoing the copy-paste in 1.24.

Thanks! By the way, link to 1.19-mono is dead (:
ScEEcH452
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ScEEcH452 »

Oh my god I just noticed the "shift-left click to remove gateways" control...

Now I can get rid of those gateways in my WiP maps that I placed when I sneezed...
Want to know how I find inspiration to make Warzone maps? Easy.
1: Play Warzone
2: While in FlaME, listen to: http://endlessvideo.com/watch?v=fx74l98XLuM
3: Talk about maps with this community and my friends.
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

1.25 should fix the problem of objects not being aligned correctly. The rectangle that appears around objects now should also be the same as the footprint that takes effect in-game. There is a button to realign objects to the tile grid.
There are new buttons for flattening ground under objects.

tux, I haven't been able to find the cause of your problems.

1.19 mono link is replaced.
BlueMaxima
Trained
Trained

Post by BlueMaxima »

Hey flaME, I'm playing around with the new version and I noticed that no matter what player I pick when placing an object, it's associated as "scenery" and I have to use the Object Properties panel.
Bring back...ducks!