2.3 Ilu edition (2.3-ilu1) has been released!

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Re: 2.3.8 Ilu edition has been released!

Post by cybersphinx »

lav_coyote25 wrote:any chances of having this for the master nightly releases???? would be nice to see in the new renderer... :hmm:
The ranking/quitter medals, maybe. The projectile changes, probably not, since master has the CorvusCorax projectile patch (#2151). Even as a custom build that would need a. reverting of that patch, and b. porting the 2.3 changes to master (which probably isn't straightforward due to its different networking model).
medusa wrote:it looks like a new version is out.
So a possibly confused person will then google for "2.3-ilu1" and find... not much useful. Let's change the thread title and hope that helps.
macuser wrote:I'll get right on it.
You might also want to get on to lobbying Apple to make their compiler available for cross-compilation, then we could build everything on one system.
Iluvalar wrote:cybersphinx wanted to had the "mod load" fix amongst other late fixes.
Mostly I wanted defined return values, merging the current 2.3 branch was just low-effort sugar topping.
We want information... information... information.
2point7182818
Greenhorn

Re: 2.3.8 Ilu edition has been released!

Post by 2point7182818 »

cybersphinx wrote:You might also want to get on to lobbying Apple to make their compiler available for cross-compilation, then we could build everything on one system.
Wouldn't that be a dream *sigh*
For mac users it is tough to get builds like these tested, it seems...
effigy
Regular
Regular

Re: 2.3 Ilu edition (2.3-ilu1) has been released!

Post by effigy »

Ilu, I don't think anyone that matters is opposed to this build, they are just talking about technicalities.

Also, about the big scary red letters:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5520#p57762
Staff wrote:[*]Moderator declarations are red. If a staff member posts something in red, that statement is said on behalf of the Warzone Project, rather than as an individual. Moderator declarations have the force of forum rules, although they are not reproduced here because they are limited in scope (they usually apply only to a single thread or member).

[*][*] These people are considered moderators: The team
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
medusa
Trained
Trained

Re: 2.3 Ilu edition has been released!

Post by medusa »

Iluvalar wrote:I'll make one other statement crystal clear too, "that" project is not supporting the 2.3 branch anyway. Even if they had a single button to fix projectiles to go trought mountains they wouldn't care about pressing it. Never. Because they chose to leave the 2.3 branch as much buggy as possible.

Obviously some of them now recourse to cap locks and fire red font ı XD to intimidate developpers that would care enough about 2.3 branch to improve it.

This un"affilliated" build is open source. Any developper that care about the stable branch can join freely our developpement git. "That" project dispose of a "merge button" they could use anytime they want their 2.3 branch being fixed. I really hope this ridiculous situation will end as soon as possible.
get some glasses, that isn't cap locks. :P
perhaps that explains trought as well?
you like pissing on a spark plug it seems.
driver4
Trained
Trained

Post by driver4 »

medusa wrote:perhaps that explains trought as well?
you like pissing on a spark plug it seems.
Myself (and the hundreds of other spark pissers), take great offense to this comment.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

ok - no more of the nasty remarks... seriously... your looking at a week ban... keep it up and it will be perm ban. this is to all. ok. thanks. have a great day.,
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

macuser wrote:Mac build.... did I hear someone say "mac build"?

I'll get right on it.
? :cry: ?

Did you desapeared in the process ? Is there a bug. I'd really like to have a mac build since we could play that release in group.
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
dak180
Trained
Trained

Post by dak180 »

cybersphinx wrote:You might also want to get on to lobbying Apple to make their compiler available for cross-compilation, then we could build everything on one system.
From what I have seen setting up the compiler (Clang) for a cross compilation is relatively easy; it is setting up the SDKs (they use an unusual compression scheme) and producing valid universal (multi-architecture) binaries in a properly laid out bundle that is the tricky bit.

Which is likely why I have seen a few cross compiled single architecture command line programs (they do not require a bundle) but not any GUI applications.
User:dak180
Keeper of the Mac Builds
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

dak180 wrote:From what I have seen setting up the compiler (Clang) for a cross compilation is relatively easy; it is setting up the SDKs (they use an unusual compression scheme) and producing valid universal (multi-architecture) binaries in a properly laid out bundle that is the tricky bit.
From what I remember when I googled a bit, there was a page with a description on how to do it, which could be summarized as "don't bother with it if you don't have Mac OS, since Apple doesn't allow the compiler to be repacked in a more convenient format". So that's what I did.
We want information... information... information.
macuser
Regular
Regular

Post by macuser »

Iluvalar wrote:
macuser wrote:Mac build.... did I hear someone say "mac build"?

I'll get right on it.
? :cry: ?

Did you desapeared in the process ? Is there a bug. I'd really like to have a mac build since we could play that release in group.
Ah, yes.... I ran the build and it all worked, However It does not register as the correct build - like 2.3. Instead it gives it some custom build id.
ArtRev Website

ImageImage

System: AMD Phenom II x4, 4GB RAM, 640GB HD, Nvidia GeForce GT 240 1GB, Mac OS X 10.6
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

not 2.3-ilu1 ?
dak180
Trained
Trained

Post by dak180 »

cybersphinx wrote:
dak180 wrote:From what I have seen setting up the compiler (Clang) for a cross compilation is relatively easy; it is setting up the SDKs (they use an unusual compression scheme) and producing valid universal (multi-architecture) binaries in a properly laid out bundle that is the tricky bit.
From what I remember when I googled a bit, there was a page with a description on how to do it, which could be summarized as "don't bother with it if you don't have Mac OS, since Apple doesn't allow the compiler to be repacked in a more convenient format". So that's what I did.
That is the SDK that they do not let you repackage; Clang has official support for linux and windows (not sure how far along the windows support is).
Iluvalar wrote:not 2.3-ilu1 ?
It would not have the correct ID unless it was built from a tag.
User:dak180
Keeper of the Mac Builds
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

Sorry I'm kind of noob about all this but... this is a tag right ?
https://github.com/Iluvalar/warzone2100/tree/v2.3-ilu1
It work fine when I compile on linux.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

Up.

I did changes to the git files.

The main changes are Improvement in the synchronization process. If i'm right, it should solve a lot of the desynch problems we have now. Along with a better synch in the orders that could prevent units to act differently from one screen to an other.

But I need help in 3 ways :
A) I need a tester able to compile by itself the git for late micro-tuning.
B) Then i'll need help to compile the 2.3-ilu2 in windows and mac.
C) Massive play. I dont think it will be so hard once i'll have a cross-plaform build with projectiles, half-builds and desynch fixed ^^