Warzone 2100 Enhanced Single Player Mod v0.1

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Warzone 2100 Enhanced Single Player Mod v0.1

Post by Black Project »

A mod designed to enhance Warzone 2100's single-player campaign difficulty & turn into a more strategy-focused experience.
Changelog wrote:
XXXX/XX/XX: Version 0.11 (to be done, unreleased yet)

- Updated .exe release to 2.3.9 (Windows OS users only)
- Reduced Alpha 5's transport time back to 2 minutes. Mission time reduced to 45 minutes
- Alpha 6's mission time reduced to 90 minutes (1 hour and 30 minutes).
- NEXUS's Flashlight Hardpoint is now Pulse Laser Hardpoint
- Twin-MG Steel Tower (AI only) is now Lancer Guard Tower.
- Twin-MG Bunker (AI only) is now HMG Bunker.

2011/10/09: Version 0.1 (current release - changelog may be updated later)
- Added time limits for the following missions (thanks to NoQ for the first two missions, from his Time Limte Mod:
--- Alpha 1 (30 minutes)
--- Alpha 3 (15 minutes)
--- Gamma 9 (120 minutes - 2 hours)
- Multiplayer's game balance injected to the single-player campaign
- Enemy mobile artillery can now exploit it's maximum range even not being assigned to a sensor
- Hostile factions of the Project no more runs out of power
- Better upgraded enemy units/structures
Reduction of time limits in further missions may be considered after enough feedback is given.

For Windows OS users only: extract the .RAR folder to a desired directory

For non-Windows OS users (also applies for the later one): extract & copy only the "base.wz" file to your Warzone 2100's root folder, it's not confirmed if it prevents you from playing online due to it's altered content, even affecting single-player mode only, so i advise you to install Warzone 2100 again but to a different root directory. Recommended for 2.3.9.

Report any bugs/glitches/crashes related to it. Suggestions & feedback are welcomed.

Download link: https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=879e3c9e ... 8C7E%21161#
Last edited by Black Project on 20 Nov 2011, 00:32, edited 7 times in total.
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: Warzone 2100 Enhanced Single Player Mod

Post by NoQ »

- Inject the multiplayer's game balance core to the singleplayer campaign.
Excellent! Wished to try this for a long time. It'd be nice to have a mod that does *only* this, without any further complications (?) Also, i wonder how much is the heavy cannon overpowered in this mode, since we are getting it rather early.
the mod loading for campaign mode doesn't work properly, that's why i made it as a standalone mod.
When i try my time limit mod, savegaming failed between the missions, but works fine when used inside a mission.
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

Sounds good but don't know How this would plays. I mean if merge MP balance in singleplayer - this will require further balance to adjust difficulty.
As for other changes - its very good, always wanted to see this been fixed officially. :)
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

Thread bumping.

Any feedback? It's been 1 week since the release of it. I'm waiting for suggestions or issue reports related to it.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

I've got very little time available for playing now, prefering to spend it online, and i still have this walkthrough thing to complete :oops: :oops: :oops:
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Post by Goth Zagog-Thou »

BP, I'll give this a try as soon as I'm able to. It sounds like an interesting set of changes and I'm looking forward to trying it out sometime very soon -- Cam4 development is occupying much of my thought processes these days.

I'll spin it soon. :)
Slaughter
Greenhorn

Post by Slaughter »

I just finished Alpha 1 and I think I've noticed some differences. Be mindful of the fact that the last time I played the campaign I was using a retail version from a brazilian pc gaming magazine, and was playing on medium, so I don't know all that was changed.

I've noticed that Scavenger infantry seems tougher. I remember Scavenger infantry dying with a hard glare, they now take two bullets to die. Running over still works, hell yeah!
Scavenger wall towers seem tougher in general; I don't remember having eight MGs (with no or just one upgrade) shooting at a tower in Alpha 1 and taking a minute and half to take it down. Also, have they been always packing cannon or its just me? From what I remember, these wall emplacements packed mgs, not towers.
Alpha 1 is indeed harder than before due to the countdown.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

The scavenger strength changes are probably due to backporting multiplayer balance (?)
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

Slaughter wrote:Also, have they been always packing cannon or its just me? From what I remember, these wall emplacements packed mgs, not towers.

Alpha 1 is indeed harder than before due to the countdown.
The Scavenger End Tower is now armed with a light cannon while the Corner Tower variant remains using the MG. Still, 30 minutes is enough to beat this mission.
NoQ wrote:The scavenger strength changes are probably due to backporting multiplayer balance (?)
You are correct, as well other hostiles factions like the New Paradigm, Collective & NEXUS.
Slaughter
Greenhorn

Post by Slaughter »

Can you be more specific on the whole multiplayer balance? I'm not much of a multy wz2100 guy, so I'm a bit in the dark about it. Could you make a more thoughly described description of the features?

Comparing this to Hardcore Campaign Mod, which I also only finished Cam 1:

- Both had me having problems in Alpha 1.
- In HMCM, it was more of a case of "Scavenger attacks make us tetter on the brink because our oil ammounts are low and we have no repair tech yet", wereas in ESPM, it was a case of "I must know when to advance or consolidate because if I fail it, I will either get butchered or end up with inadequate ammounts of troops to win." One's not inferior to the other, simply interestingly diferent.

I have a feeling HMCM is more unforgiving and hard, so I'm gonna go do ESPM first, then HMCM.
So far its pretty fun not to fight walkover Scavengers, I think I remember a game where I once finished Alpha 1 with the early 4 mg tanks, seriously.
Can't wait for the New Paradigm to show! :twisted:
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Can you be more specific on the whole multiplayer balance? I'm not much of a multy wz2100 guy, so I'm a bit in the dark about it. Could you make a more thoughly described description of the features?
This is the balance described in the guide.
Slaughter
Greenhorn

Post by Slaughter »

Alright, here is a review of Alpha 2, 3, 4, and 5.

Alpha 2: I was forced to remain in defensive here until I could get enough repairers. I then went on with some flamers and mgs and destroyed two Scavenger bases. I think the only losses I had were due to Flamethrowners. I then prepared and destroyed the remaining bases using my Twin MG tanks and flamers. I think it took me half the time to win, and I used the rest to consolide my resources and crush what remained of the Scavs.

Alpha 3: Pretty easy. I just loaded 8 twin mg veteran tanks and 2 repairers, went though the map and killed everyone there, no casualties.

Alpha 4: This one was harder than Alpha 2. I suffered some losses at the hand of Rocket Pod Pits and flamers. The western-most base annoyed me immensely with its very entreched position, so I had to call in reinforcements and destroy the weaker bases, but I got the job done. While I was out, Scavengers from Easternmost base (the last I destroyed) sneakly captured my LZ, but after I destroyed all Scavenger bases, they were swifly disposed of. I think I completed it with ten minutes remaining.

Alpha 5: Currently palying this one. I easily trouced Scavs, then I found New Paradigm, suffered some casualties against heavy Rocket Pod Fire from Scavenger base and NP forces, and fell back to my LZ and its MG towers in a effort to wait reinforcements I then bunkered down in LZ while my truck built me more MG towers. New Paradigm Rocket-Pod Tanks started to make hit-and-run attacks against me, causing me some trouble until I built enough towers that it forced their tanks to keep hitting and running, repairing/rebuilding and returning without significant damage. I thought I was saved and all I had to do was wait until I got enough troops to start a proper cleanout, but then AI surprised me by attacking with Light Canon Tanks and the rocket pads, then fleeing. I pursued the cannon tank and fought it, but it took my HMG shots like a boss. I had to focus fire it with all the fury I had, but then Rockets returned and attacked again, got shot to pieces (their armour is soft), retreated, then returned again when I was fleeing.
Currently I'm still in LZ, most of my veteran HMG Viper Tanks were shot dead by rockets and my troops are dwindling because they destroy my tanks faster than my reinforcements and repair fix the problem.

Now you gotta wonder and know which things were caused by your mod, or just dificulty settings or normal behavior.

A query: Why you abandoned Hardcore mod?
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

Just curious. What difficulty level are you playing it? I've been testing it on normal only.

On Alpha 5, make sure you use Mortar units (assigned to a sensor unit/structure) to outrange New Paradigm's base as well their units (especially the Rocket ones, they're the banhammer of your tanks).

I'll review Alpha 5. I think i did wrong increasing the transport time to 3 min. I'll change it back to 2 min & maybe decrease the mission time (but not so much)
Slaughter wrote:A query: Why you abandoned Hardcore mod?
It was a quite outdated & unbalanced mod, i didn't see any reason to revive it, so i decided to launch the ESP Mod as it's sucessor in a newer WZ release.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Finally downloading this one!
Black Project wrote:Oh, and sorry for the big size, but the mod loading for campaign mode doesn't work properly, that's why i made it as a standalone mod.
Is it different with 2.3.9?

upd: oh ... for windows only? :cry:

Is the .exe anyhow different from the original, or i can just take base.wz and mp.wz from there and put it into my data folder? (to a different installation, of course)

upd: Tried it, on around Alpha 10 now. Excellent! Sometimes i feel that's exactly what the campaign was intended to be.
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

NoQ wrote:Is it different with 2.3.9?
I don't know. I haven't played 2.3.9 yet
upd: oh ... for windows only? :cry:
For other OS, just copy the "base.wz" file to your desired data folder. This file is the real deal. No exceptions :wink:
Is the .exe anyhow different from the original, or i can just take base.wz and mp.wz from there and put it into my data folder? (to a different installation, of course)
The .exe file is different, it's the old 2.3.8 release for Windows OS