WHY NOT RIPPLE,ARCHANGELL,GROUND SHAKER LIMIT???

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
xXSpecialsoulXx
Rookie
Rookie

Re: WHY NOT RIPPLE,ARCHANGELL,GROUND SHAKER LIMIT???

Post by xXSpecialsoulXx »

You are asking to remove the tanks from the game... ????

WTF! :shock: do u read the threat???

ARTILLERY LIMIT.... anything about tanks :S!
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

Tracked tanks are the answer to artillery.
artillery is a counter to Borgs.
++The only borgs counter that work fine on structures

Limiting the artillery is removing the interest into researching the whole line. Therefore removing the interset in building it. therfore removing the interest into researching on first place. Either you limit it to some hight level, and there is no effect, either you are limiting them seriously and it's like they never existed.

I hope you understand that. removing arty is incresing the borg vs tanks by 2 full step. The borgs become the natural choice and therefore it brake all the equilibrium in the weapons.

I hope you understand the chain reaction
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
xXSpecialsoulXx
Rookie
Rookie

Iluvalar wrote:Tracked tanks are the answer to artillery.

Limiting the artillery is removing the interest into researching the whole line. Therefore removing the interset in building it. therfore removing the interest into researching on first place. Either you limit it to some hight level, and there is no effect, either you are limiting them seriously and it's like they never existed.

I hope you understand that. removing arty is incresing the borg vs tanks by 2 full step. The borgs become the natural choice and therefore it brake all the equilibrium in the weapons.

you are confused... YOU ARE THINKING NO ARTILLERY im referring TO PUT A LIMIT I DONT KNOW 30 ARTILLERIES NOOO 300 whast its the usually :/
kracker
Trained
Trained

Post by kracker »

xXSpecialsoulXx wrote:

you are confused... YOU ARE THINKING NO ARTILLERY im referring TO PUT A LIMIT I DONT KNOW 30 ARTILLERIES NOOO 300 whast its the usually :/
You are the one confused, he's just saying that if you edit even a small part of the game balance, everything else will have to "adjust" to that, just like changing the size of a gear in a clock, you change one thing, it doesn't just work.
Error: Keyboard not found. Press any key to continue.
~Co-Founder of the clan BDC.
xXSpecialsoulXx
Rookie
Rookie

kracker wrote:
xXSpecialsoulXx wrote:

You are the one confused, he's just saying that if you edit even a small part of the game balance, everything else will have to "adjust" to that, just like changing the size of a gear in a clock, you change one thing, it doesn't just work.

WELL WHY NO ACTIVATE THE OPTIONALLY ...im not saying TO PUT LIMIT ..im saying PUT A THE OPTION TO HAVE LIMITT ..LIKE THE #PAD FOR VTOLS OF #of REPAIRS FACILITY in the "SET ESTRUCTURE LIMIT"
Reg312
Regular
Regular

Post by Reg312 »

xXSpecialsoulXx wrote: WELL WHY NO ACTIVATE THE OPTIONALLY ...im not saying TO PUT LIMIT ..im saying PUT A THE OPTION TO HAVE LIMITT ..LIKE THE #PAD FOR VTOLS OF #of REPAIRS FACILITY in the "SET ESTRUCTURE LIMIT"
You must understand, if you limit artillery then game becomes unending, because no one team can break enemy defense
some maps provide structure limit screen with extended list of structures where you can set artillery limit :wink:
i made such maps for such reasons as yours, see here viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8346

as default games with maximum oils and disabled vtols its artillery games
zydonk
Trained
Trained

Post by zydonk »

Don't play high oil maps if you don't like them - is that so hard to understand?
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Why not limit oil to something like 10 or so? ;)
kracker
Trained
Trained

Post by kracker »

NoQ wrote:Why not limit oil to something like 10 or so? ;)
:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
Error: Keyboard not found. Press any key to continue.
~Co-Founder of the clan BDC.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

NoQ wrote:Why not limit oil to something like 10 or so? ;)

not funny!! not funny at all. perhaps 25 oil per player. i would deem that sufficient. not all in one spot either. spread over the map... large. scale down for medium and small maps as applicable. :lecture:
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

TL;DR

artillery isn't really so over powered, even on high oil, imo, IF you DON'T have Vtol disabled... if you can't at least stop advancement of artillery units / sensor pushes with vtol you've done something wrong, or the other team played better.

That said, I still think you should be forced to space out ripples/gs/archies by at least 2 tiles. That would limit the concentration of arty (giving units better chance of breaking through), while still letting players turn their bases into a SimCity-ish world.
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
medusa
Trained
Trained

Post by medusa »

Iluvalar wrote:
medusa wrote: they should make it so everything scales in prices to the amount of oil on the map.
Lol.
:hmm: that was a joke right ? :annoyed:
it is only a joke if you don't understand what I am talking about. :lecture:
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Do you understand what i am talking about? Did you read my reply to that post? Or are you hand-picking most irrelevant replies and taking care of them only?
medusa
Trained
Trained

Post by medusa »

NoQ wrote:Do you understand what i am talking about? Did you read my reply to that post? Or are you hand-picking most irrelevant replies and taking care of them only?
I didn't quote you now did I?