WHY NOT RIPPLE,ARCHANGELL,GROUND SHAKER LIMIT???

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
xXSpecialsoulXx
Rookie
Rookie

WHY NOT RIPPLE,ARCHANGELL,GROUND SHAKER LIMIT???

Post by xXSpecialsoulXx »

when you knwo the power of that,,, this is a carrer in the research to win -.-!
Last edited by xXSpecialsoulXx on 08 Sep 2011, 00:32, edited 1 time in total.
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Re: WHY NOT RIPPLE,ARCHANGELL,GROUND SHAKER LIMIT???

Post by Shadow Wolf TJC »

Seems like yet another complaint as to why there's not any artillery limits. There might be a mod out there somewhere that allows players to set a limit to artillery.
Creator of Warzone 2100: Contingency!
Founder of Wikizone 2100: http://wikizone2100.wikia.com/wiki/Wikizone_2100
xXSpecialsoulXx
Rookie
Rookie

ya ..but why not in the oficcial game?
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

No way. Artillery is overpowered only in tasteless high-oil games, which are unbalanced anyway, because the balance of prices isn't taken into account. In normal games artillery is rarely effective, so there's no need of putting limits to it. Use VTOLs to get rid of artillery farms. If you switch off VTOLs, you're making the game even more unbalanced. Enough was said on this topic already.
Baxter
Greenhorn

Post by Baxter »

I completely agree with NoQ. These unbalanced high oil games on huge maps with vtols off are specifically played so that people can build huge amounts of artillery. Just play low oil games instead.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

I dont agree with both 2 on top. High oil maps are not even unbalanced. The research mechanic is broken. But the remaining still balanced :D .

But i agree with the fact that arty limit is useless. Artillery and vtols are good only in the hand of a winning player. They are scary just because they need a lot to end the job¹. If no faction took a great advantage on the other, no faction can start safely arty or vtol. The pressure would just be too much to have spare power to spend in that.

¹ and many players are noob with that... will build 200 of then instead of 10 and a sensor. lol. leading in games technicaly already won by one side, but not ending until 25 minutes later. Of course if you are in that scenario after 10 minutes. You will feel that ripples are incredibly strong.
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

My personal anecdote from accidentally playing a few high oil games is the same - artillery is only overpowered on those maps if you give the other side the time to build them. Since the maps are usually quite open, such players are easy prey for a mass cannon army.
Reg312
Regular
Regular

Post by Reg312 »

artillery limit is 255 :D
WZ balanced for low oil games as i know maximum weapons of such games is heavy cannons and thermite vtols
i hope one fine day devs will make high oil games better balanced because this kind of games most popular
see my proposals viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8346
xXSpecialsoulXx
Rookie
Rookie

NoQ wrote:No way. Artillery is overpowered only in tasteless high-oil games, which are unbalanced anyway, because the balance of prices isn't taken into account. In normal games artillery is rarely effective, so there's no need of putting limits to it. Use VTOLs to get rid of artillery farms. If you switch off VTOLs, you're making the game even more unbalanced. Enough was said on this topic already.
ya you are right...but ...what the WARZONE developers lost??...most of the games in multiplayer are in Hight-oil game.... A LARGE part of the gamers in this game will appreciate to put this limits... this is easy

A EASY SOLUTION FOR LARGE POPULATION.... WHO LOST puttin this??....

NOTE: any body can put this thread in the Development seccion??
medusa
Trained
Trained

Post by medusa »

Reg312 wrote:artillery limit is 255 :D
WZ balanced for low oil games as i know maximum weapons of such games is heavy cannons and thermite vtols
i hope one fine day devs will make high oil games better balanced because this kind of games most popular
see my proposals viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8346
there is no way high oil games are the most popular.
they should make it so everything scales in prices to the amount of oil on the map.
then everything will be balanced again!
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

they should make it so everything scales in prices to the amount of oil on the map.
No way! I don't want to learn how to play 40 different games.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

medusa wrote: they should make it so everything scales in prices to the amount of oil on the map.
Lol.
:hmm: that was a joke right ? :annoyed:
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

NoQ wrote:
No way! I don't want to learn how to play 40 different games.
:hmm:
If everything is scaled based on oil resources, then the reference stats are adjusted to the 'base level' for all games.
That means, that we would see very low oil maps so they can get the same benefits of high oil maps. :lol2:

This kind of thing is done in many multiplayer games (MMORPGS) to add (or subtract) difficulty factor for the object they are fighting against.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
xXSpecialsoulXx
Rookie
Rookie

medusa wrote: there is no way high oil games are the most popular.
!
Thats i said the HIGH OIL GAMES ARE SOO POPULAR....THERES A POINT TO CHECK FOR THE ARTILLERY LIMIT :/
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

What will you do when borg builders fan will grasp the fact that they can truck rush you ? You can try to get the borgs with MG or flammers and get screwed with the building they left behind or try to get the structure with cannon and get screwed by the borg rush side of the strat.

Borgs + Structure will reach god tier because the weapon that would work well on both will be removed from the game (or limited whatever that break the purpose of researching it). Researching the standard tank armor will therefore be a waste of ressource.

I can do the logic the other way around : I build tracks (specially in open area like NTW) only to avoid mortars. Therefore I wont build track anymore. Since tracks triple the HP of my design and is really potent to multiply with armor upgrades, loosing the possibility to make tracks, will reduce my enthousiasm to research armors. Therefore i wont reach thermal in time to protect against inferno (or i will be forced to protect my tanks investement :( ). So i'm better not building tanks at all !

You are asking to remove the tanks from the game...

hey let's continu... no tanks = no rockets. cannon which are weak again cyborg are out to. I could try to use flammer... but without hover (no armor remember ?) and i'll run after other borgs... so.. no.

So let's see. remain : borg machinegunner and wall upgrade (that make the game last forever because there is no counter to structure anymore).

Flocks of little borg that decimate each other again and again until one reach pulser laser borgs which A) is antipersonal. B) use borgs armor. C) have enough range to kill other direct fire structure.