Merowingg's Maps

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
topo1948
Trained
Trained

Re: Merowingg's Maps

Post by topo1948 »

Mero wrote :
" For those who did not notice I have made special legend system in my first post in this thread to help navigate through the maps in this thread and now it should be unbelievebly easy ;) or at leas much much easier :). "

I am one of them. :oops:
I just read it, amazed at how clear and with all the information required to know what it is. Could (it) not be used as a guideline for addons. :roll: :roll: :wink:
Last edited by lav_coyote25 on 30 Aug 2011, 04:16, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edit - added (it) - your welcome. lav_coyote25... and yes (it) could...
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

:annoyed: Sorry mero but when i said nothing would stop me from playing I didnt count on this happening.... I cant play the map

just like what happened to your Mero Pyramid map.. *flashbacks* yep...
noname1208 are you saying the map is not working the same as the pyramid map ??.. and please tell me which map do you have on mind becuse I dont remember now whcih one you were to try. And I dont understand, plenty people download them and only you have/report the problem ??!!.... and I did play it with friends.. I have no idea what is happening and I am sorry..
I am one of them. :oops:
I just read it, amazed at how clear and with all the information required to know what it is. Could (it) not be used as a guideline for addons. :roll: :roll: :wink:
topo1948 I hope you are not making fun of me :) I mean with this "perfection" ;) but for sure it is much easier now :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
topo1948
Trained
Trained

Post by topo1948 »

It is not easy now. :D
I dare say it is extremely easy :lol2: :lol2:
Mostly clear and precise with respect to the map itself.
I think the basics to decide to download a map go according to the tastes and preferences of each player.
Let me to clarify by an example

2c-Mero_MagicPond 02.12.2010, 14 oils, Symmetric, A, S, Arizona

You Wrote:

LEGEND

02.12.2010 - a date when the map was posted on this thread. To see the newest map in any of 2, 4, 8 players map section it will be always the map at the very bottom of particular section

15 oils - a number of oils per player

Symetric - when Symmetric is written next to the map's link it means the maps pattern is symetric (lack of this word means the map is Asymmetric

A - the letter A means the map includes advanced bases

S - the letter S means that the scavengers are available on the map

Arizona, Rocky, Urban - when Arizona, Rocky, or Urban is written next to the map's link it indicates the terrain type of the map

Let me add something. :roll:
2c Number of players ( 4-8-etc. )
Mero Author name, since each has its own style and characteristics.

Having decided on the map.
Click on the link and take you directly to the section where all information is provided by the author. Structure, design, preview maps, donwload file, etc. :idea: :idea: :idea: :shock:
I repeat, I tip my hat to Mero.

TheFreeDictionary Google Bing

" I take my hat off to somebody (British, American & Australian) also I tip my hat to somebody (American)
something that you say which means that you admire and respect someone for something they have done I take my hat off to people who do voluntary work in their spare time. "

I think without fuss and rather quiet mind is an important contribution to this forum, especially those who enjoy new maps. I was not kidding when mentioning that could be of great help and guidelines to improve addons.
noname1208
Trained
Trained

Post by noname1208 »

Yes It seems Very weird that I'm the only one :hmm: I'll try to post the error images (Thanks Topo for the help :) )

But anyway here is the image of your views :)

Whoops too big :( Hey Topo I need help again :D How to make smaller? :3
Attachments
20007.PNG
20007.PNG (6.43 KiB) Viewed 8001 times
"The one who looks on from the shadows and silently observes learns the most and is not shunned by either side"
topo1948
Trained
Trained

Post by topo1948 »

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490
SEARCH ENGINE FOR ADDONS

Merowingg wrote:Number of maps increases :)

We need that device :)

It is my advice ;)
NoQ wrote:Since all the maps are on one page, searching the page for keywords is something any web browser is capable of.
NoQ wrote:So you want to have a new feature because you don't know how to use the existing one? Hmm. :hmm:
Still, i agree that Addons should be made more convenient to use, for example adding categories or different sorting types, and once it is done, an addon search form will be necessary.
effigy wrote:I think these sorts of improvements to addons have been discussed already. I'm sure someday we'll have categories to make finding a map or mod more convenient.
BunkerBlaster wrote:Yes a better way of searching for maps would be nice. It would be nice to search and categorize maps by number of players or quantity of oil derrick or size of map or sort by map maker. The Forum is nice, but being able to categorize them would be even nicer.

I have always used search, its just not the same as it provides tons of false positives.
Merowingg wrote:I have nothing more to add here :)
Merowingg wrote:Number of maps increases :)

We need that device :)

It is my advice ;)
It is my advice too ;)
Attachments
Picture 9.jpg
Picture 8.jpg
Picture 7.jpg
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

topo1948 :)

Ok in that situation I may only say thank you very much :) It is for the good of us all :)

noname1208 :)

And here it is your first picture, thank you :) Honestly I dont know why some pictures get very big, for example I play with the same resolution, take a screen of a map, use the same autocut decice in Gimp 2 and still some get very big so to see it all you have to scroll.. anyone knows the reason ??..

Anyway thanx noname1208 :)
Yes It seems Very weird that I'm the only one :hmm: I'll try to post the error images
If you may do not post them here, I suggest the help section, I really wonder what is the matter..

topo1948 :)

I completely forgot about this thread as it didnt meet with great enthusiasm ;) I gnow The Guys are working on more important things now but one day search engine for addons would be really a very good and i think unavoidable device..
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

The Lake Map

Post by Merowingg »

Hello Gentlemen :)

I am happy to present my new two players map :) I dont have many of two players maps so I decided to react :)

The map is called Lake because it has one big lake on it :)

The map is 120 x 80, for two players, 11 oils per player, advanced bases included,

The map is full of hills which should be used wisely :)

Have great duels on it :)

Bye :)
wz2100-20110902_222921-Mero_Lake-T1.png
Attachments
2c-Mero_Lake.wz
Another two players map :)
(34.41 KiB) Downloaded 502 times

Regards - Mero
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

O.o TL;DR

Just wanted to say you map making continues to improve :)

I was surprised (in a good way) about DeathZone. It's a fun FFA map. It's true, certain challenges are gone after you play it a couple times, but many others still exist xD

Lake looks nice in the preview, maybe I'll try that soon too :D
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
noname1208
Trained
Trained

Post by noname1208 »

I saw this and had to point it out :3 the body of water in bottom left and top right looks like lizard head :)
"The one who looks on from the shadows and silently observes learns the most and is not shunned by either side"
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

effigy :)
Just wanted to say you map making continues to improve :)
I am honoured to hear such words, thanx man :)
but many others still exist xD
Of course, let's do not get classified, one could always surprise :)

noname1208 :)
I saw this and had to point it out :3 the body of water in bottom left and top right looks like lizard head :)
Shall I assume that the small islands one at the top, and the other at the bottom, are the eyes of the heads of the lizards ?? If yes then I understand and see :) And by the way.. were you drinking ?? ;) I am kidding of course, in way you just did my maps names are invented :)

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

NTW Hunter

Post by Merowingg »

Hello Gentlemen :)

Another person from the NTW royal court, this time it is the hunter :) A person who brings fresh food to the castle, well trained is a great protector too :)

Again I did my best to completely change the original NTW way of thinking, planning and playing :)

The map is called Hunter, because on it you have to hunt for oil really fiercely :)

As you can see I rounded the bases a little ;) Behind the bases there is a rounded valley very rich in oil, also at the very corner behind the rounded valley there are old factories near which there is some more oil and some oil drums in quite a big amount.

To the left of each four players half of the map, there are islands on small water ponds, there is oil too. Most of oil is concentrated outside of the bases, to the left of them on each side when you are turned to the centre, but there is a little at the centre too.

The map is for eight players. 36 oils per players but ! 16 oils in base, 9 per player on the still ground outside the base, then 4 per player on the islands, then 5 per player behind the bases in rounded valley, and finally 2 per player at the very corner behind the rounded valley.

The map is so designed that the oils on islands are available only by hovers, and of course oils behind the base are available only by vtols action.

I did my best again to made you think a lot and cause chaos on the arena, and make you be cautious all the time :)

The oil in rounded valley is not symmetrically placed, "messed" because I wanted to make it harder to make well organized bases there.

The map has advanced bases, but this time no defences, it is up to you how you will organize yourself :)

The Hunter involves constant struggle and hunting for the oil and requires real attention :)

Have excellent fun Gentlemen :)

And good hunting !!
wz2100-20110904_215024-Mero_NTWHunter-T1.png
Attachments
8c-Mero_NTWHunter.wz
On the Hunter you must hunt all the time ! :)
(62.35 KiB) Downloaded 425 times

Regards - Mero
noname1208
Trained
Trained

Post by noname1208 »

Map looks really good, I'm gonna have to try it :)
Wibble199
Trained
Trained

Post by Wibble199 »

I had a quick game on it: I lost, but never mind.
It's a nice map. I really like like the layout of it.
The only thing I think would be better is perhaps something in the middle (other than oil) such as dunes.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Map looks really good, I'm gonna have to try it :)
:3 :ninja:

Wibble199 :)

Nice to see you here :)
The only thing I think would be better is perhaps something in the middle (other than oil) such as dunes.
I smiled what I read this becuse the map after the one I am working on now will be called Dunes :) I may of course postpone it if I have better (according to me) idea meanwhile :)

Speaking of dunes instead of oil, sounds interesting, for a moment I wondered why I did not any hills like on Wizard, but then I realised I didnt want to entirely change the NTW like layout, but I think it have happened already ;)

Regards - Mero
Wibble199
Trained
Trained

Post by Wibble199 »

Merowingg wrote: Wibble199 :)

Nice to see you here :)
Well, I have been playing other games recently and stopped posting in the forums (although I was still lurking). However recently something has gone wrong with my Gaming PC and it won't start properly, so I have been using the portable version of WZ on my mum's laptop instead.