pipe dream

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
medusa
Trained
Trained

Re: pipe dream

Post by medusa »

Goth Zagog-Thou wrote:So, medusa, you're saying that expressing ideas to make Warzone better is a waste of time or bragging .. or a pipe dream?

I strongly disagree. In fact, I'll challenge that statement outright. The ideas that are currently being incorporated into Warzone are ones that have arisen from this very sub-forum. The new terrain renderer? Came from an idea someone had.

Balance changes? Again, came from here.

New Campaign? That's been an idea since 2000, in one form or another.

New models? Also in the works since 2001.

I urge you to remember that in an open-source project like this one, things can move slowly. It's simply a fact of business. If, per se, there were a paying benefactor who could take care of the monetary needs of the development team and website maintainers, things would move faster.

But your position that the ideas expressed to improve Warzone are a "pipe dream" or "bragging" -- that's rather offensive, considering that this game is free; and an insult to the people who develop and maintain the site.
lbhe shyy bs vg.
show me the post where someone said that we need a new terrain renderer and then show me the developer response.
I bet you anything that the developers that did it didn't need someone to tell them what to do, and they had a plan.
you are also wrong and putting words into my mouth.
let me rephrase what I was getting at, I said that the developers don't act because they read some post in this forum section, they do it if they want to and what they want to do.
look at idea tracker, and look how many ideas were implemented. V xabj vg vf n uvtu ahzore sbe lbh gb pbhag gb, ohg V jvyy uryc. it is 0.
we got hundreds of ideas with more and more being done every day and without someone doing the dirty work this is just a waste of time to keep asking for ideas and suggestions.
they should call this a wishing well and require people to use paypal to ask for something and when the amount gets high enough then it gets done.

[Edit by Cyp: Did some ROT13 encoding.]
kracker
Trained
Trained

Post by kracker »

medusa wrote:
Goth Zagog-Thou wrote:So, medusa, you're saying that expressing ideas to make Warzone better is a waste of time or bragging .. or a pipe dream?

I strongly disagree. In fact, I'll challenge that statement outright. The ideas that are currently being incorporated into Warzone are ones that have arisen from this very sub-forum. The new terrain renderer? Came from an idea someone had.

Balance changes? Again, came from here.

New Campaign? That's been an idea since 2000, in one form or another.

New models? Also in the works since 2001.

I urge you to remember that in an open-source project like this one, things can move slowly. It's simply a fact of business. If, per se, there were a paying benefactor who could take care of the monetary needs of the development team and website maintainers, things would move faster.

But your position that the ideas expressed to improve Warzone are a "pipe dream" or "bragging" -- that's rather offensive, considering that this game is free; and an insult to the people who develop and maintain the site.
lbhe shyy bs vg.
show me the post where someone said that we need a new terrain renderer and then show me the developer response.
I bet you anything that the developers that did it didn't need someone to tell them what to do, and they had a plan.
you are also wrong and putting words into my mouth.
let me rephrase what I was getting at, I said that the developers don't act because they read some post in this forum section, they do it if they want to and what they want to do.
look at idea tracker, and look how many ideas were implemented. V xabj vg vf n uvtu ahzore sbe lbh gb pbhag gb, ohg V jvyy uryc. it is 0.
we got hundreds of ideas with more and more being done every day and without someone doing the dirty work this is just a waste of time to keep asking for ideas and suggestions.
they should call this a wishing well and require people to use paypal to ask for something and when the amount gets high enough then it gets done.

[Edit by Cyp: Did some ROT13 encoding.]
If you really want things done, DO something for warzone. I hate people f**king complaining just because things aren't the way you want them to be.
Error: Keyboard not found. Press any key to continue.
~Co-Founder of the clan BDC.
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

medusa wrote:..let me rephrase what I was getting at, I said that the developers don't act because they read some post in this forum section, they do it if they want to and what they want to do.
Mostly, I think you're right. The devs do as they please, and in doing so they improve the game.

Also, viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7673&hilit=heart

Feel free to continue reading each post of every thread in this subforum.
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
Ezio
Trained
Trained

Post by Ezio »

NoQ wrote:
it ain't that hard to inform everyone.
It's still hard to put *everything* on the front page. That's what FAQ is for, by definition.
maybe we should add "search before asking" in FAQ or forum rules :lol2:
medusa wrote:..let me rephrase what I was getting at, I said that the developers don't act because they read some post in this forum section, they do it if they want to and what they want to do.
  • To make sure Dev aren't wasting their time they CAN choose which one they want to implement and which one doesn't
  • To keep game balance we're NOT making a new tank or weapon, YOU may use mods to make your "new" weapon
  • To keep everyone playing we use cross-platform engine, Read Here or ToS and License each engine and you should find out why we don't use UDK or Unity or Cryengine or [InsertEngine]
  • Dev are recently done with Anti-Cheat code and porting this game to Qt, since it had a lots of bugs and they need to deal with it first then do something new otherwise I'd say something like "look at Bug Ticket, and look how much bug were fixed"
  • Got Any Other Question?
Last edited by Ezio on 10 Aug 2011, 05:02, edited 1 time in total.
medusa
Trained
Trained

Post by medusa »

medusa wrote: [Edit by Cyp: Did some ROT13 encoding.]
:roll:
Cyp, are you sure you have the right game?
this is warzone, not s.t.a.l.k.e.r.
what does wz|inactive mean anyway?
you seem to follow me around so you are actively doing that.
:annoyed:
Ezio
Trained
Trained

Post by Ezio »

medusa wrote: :roll:
Cyp, are you sure you have the right game?
this is warzone, not s.t.a.l.k.e.r.
what does wz|inactive mean anyway?
he used to be a dev or something else but now he retired and let others do it. that what i get from thinking about it
medusa wrote: you seem to follow me around so you are actively doing that.
:annoyed:
do i have to answer it?
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

ok!!! what was the name of that annoying person on irc!!!! you all know the one!!! the one you want to meet in a dark alley ... heaven forbid harm comes to him... but you all know who i am speaking about... is this medusa person ... him? :annoyed:
driver4
Trained
Trained

Post by driver4 »

lav_coyote25 wrote:ok!!! what was the name of that annoying person on irc!!!! you all know the one!!! the one you want to meet in a dark alley ... heaven forbid harm comes to him... but you all know who i am speaking about... is this medusa person ... him? :annoyed:
Rimirez?
bendib
Regular
Regular

Post by bendib »

driver4 wrote: Rimirez?
Rimirez.
Also known as Subsentient.
kracker
Trained
Trained

Post by kracker »

bendib wrote:
driver4 wrote: Rimirez?
Rimirez.
Rimirez.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

O_o no... not him. (rimirez) - never heard of this one before...
driver4
Trained
Trained

Post by driver4 »

lav_coyote25 wrote:O_o no... not him. (rimirez) - never heard of this one before...
Has the person you were talking about been talking and annoying people this week? I couldn't think of anyone else...
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

ok - finally remembered it... dylan... not going to give the last name.
kracker
Trained
Trained

Post by kracker »

lav_coyote25 wrote:ok - finally remembered it... dylan... not going to give the last name.
:hmm:

Meh.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

kracker wrote:
lav_coyote25 wrote:ok - finally remembered it... dylan... not going to give the last name.
:hmm:

Meh.
obviously you dont remember the little one... and "meh" ? ... i got a better one for ya... is pfffft. :lol2: