Merowingg's Maps

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

The Asphalt Sea Map :)

Post by Merowingg »

Hello Gentlemen :)

The map is called Asphalt Sea because it is on the sea as you can see but it is extremely covered with industrial roadas made of asphalt and side dirt roads. So the sea overcrowded with those roads changes from water sea into asphalt sea.. :)

It is my first asymetrical map since a very long time :) I wanted to try few new things here :)

The map is 200 x 220 :) for eight players :) 4 oils in base and another 5 per player outside the base :) There is four trucks for each player but this time they are spreaded around each island area :) Advanced bases included :) including repair facility and eye candy features like laser or SAM AA :) Inferno bunkers and rocket launchers towers :) all in small reasonable amount :) but always protective :)

The map is overcrowded with nice terrain features as well as structures :) you can find few port and industrial areas there :) I wanted to expose the asphalt roads as nice as I could :) There are many height levels and nice looking textures everywhere :)

There is one Island without any base structures on the top left, but for equilibrium there is an empty port on the bottom right too :)

I suggest that if it will be 4 v 4 game, players 0123 should compete with 5678, it sounds quite fair then. of course the choice belongs to you :) This is an asymetrical map, and life is cruel :) some places have advantages others not, some are better at something and worse at other thing :) But I am sure all places have its potential :)

Have fun Gentlemen :)

I am waiting for opinions as always :)
wz2100-20110713_203527-main.png
Attachments
8c-Mero_AsphaltSea.wz
The Sea of Asphalt :)
(63.82 KiB) Downloaded 577 times
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
bendib
Regular
Regular

Re: Merowingg's Maps

Post by bendib »

That name makes me think of a defective donkey.
Also known as Subsentient.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

bendib :)

You have explained to me what do you mean by that on IRC channel :) If you wouldnt I would never guess :)

I am trying to make names of my maps original :) and reflecting the soul of particular map :)

By that I mean how it looks like, what it reminds me of, or how it is played or pecieved while in game :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

The NTW Clown map :)

Post by Merowingg »

Hello Gentlemen :)
Some time ago I made few NTW maps :) each of it was different and represented a different member of my NTW court :)

There was the queen, the king, the wizard and even prince :) now it is time for someone with no royal blood but still irreplaceable on the royal court :)

It is the clown :) because a good court has its clown to make them happy in hard times or simply to entertain the royal family :) and court members :)

The map is called Clown not without a reason :) look carefully do you see those islands behind bases :) and those two exactly in the middle of the map :) those are the hats of our clown :) each of it has three sparks :) to explain what I mean I add the picture :) below the map picture :)

Clown is very funny :) and he decided to make joke to all players :) he put almost all of the oil behind the bases in difficult to protect places :) He knows you like to turtle.. so try to turtle now :) with almost all oil behind the base in fragile place the rules change a little bit ;) there is of course second entrance to each base at the back :)

The map is 200 x 200 :) for eight players :) 4 oils in base :) and 26 "behind" each base :) in highly difficult to protect place :) advanced bases included :)

The map has a lot of nice tilesets :) it is the clown who is supposed to be colorful and such is his map :)

Around the arena there is one tile shore :) smart players will know how to use it wisely :) the hats have also enough space to built appropriate defences :) both on the hat and its sparks too :) so use them wisely :) also the hats in the middle of the map at its edges can be great advantage if used wisely :)

I think the map is quite nice :)

wz2100-20110717_001847-Mero_NTWClown-T1.png
Clown.jpg
Clown.jpg (8.03 KiB) Viewed 8082 times
Attachments
8c-Mero_NTWClown.wz
The Clowns NTW arena :) dont let him mock you :)
(48.27 KiB) Downloaded 453 times

Regards - Mero
bendib
Regular
Regular

Post by bendib »

I think you got the clown depiction wrong. :^)

Also known as Subsentient.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

ahahahh hahah hehehehehhe :)

good one :) hehehe :)

Well I think your clown drink too much ;) and not necessarily knows the art of artistic makeup :P

Regards - Mero
noname1208
Trained
Trained

Post by noname1208 »

Lol, theres a bit of a difference between those 2 clowns :D
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Well.. I wanted to give just a general Idea :) ncie one :) not scary one :) and not the clowns look is important here but its hat :P

Regards - Mero
noname1208
Trained
Trained

Post by noname1208 »

Lol, I haven't played all your maps (probably only 1/4) but the ones I have played have been my favorite :3
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Lol, I haven't played all your maps (probably only 1/4) but the ones I have played have been my favorite :3
You cant imagine how happy I am to hear such words :)

Thank you very much noname1208 :)

My pleasure :)

Regards - Mero
medusa
Trained
Trained

Post by medusa »

dude, you sure got a fondness for smilies! :lol2:

[Edit by Cyp: Changed one word, without changing the intended meaning.]
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Ah yes.. I knew sooner or later someone will make an excellent post of stupidity, it was after a year so the result is not so bad.

I decided to look who I have pleasure with, well I see our friend is with us for almost twenty four hours, and you have made six posts, well excellent result my friend, I have read them all, they are quite demanding.

I decided to answer, no no sorry, react on your post as I am in excellent mood right now.

I assume that this is to be a strange joke by you and I dont blame you for this, anyone is at the level he represents, surely you are at the level you have posted here, becuse if no, why would you type such a thing ?

Something tells me you are under thirteen yeras old and somehow you think you are better than all people here all together although I think they would eat you within seconds both in game playing and the game knowledge. Of course I might be wrong about the age, I am only judging by posts.

The message you have typed here indicates that you try to gain knowledge and personally understand your body bilt, thats ok, we are all at this stage when what you have typed is the most interesting in the world and nothing else matters so dont worry I understand you

Nevertheless what you have typed here fits nowhere in this thread and I am afraid do not fit anywhere else on this forum.. maybe try different particular sites you for sure knows what I am talking about dont you ??

Any response to my post is unecessary, and will not by answered ever again.. so there is no need.. anyway if you respond rude, it might be only deleated by forum guardians.

Anyway no ofense, I just wanded do reply ;) and all is good :)

P.S.

The smileys will always appear as it is my style, of course it might be reduced or not used by me in the future, but it all depends on me :)

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

medusa wrote:dude, you sure got a fondness for smilies! :lol2:
Don't worry, i'm doing my best to annihilate them with my brand-new reverse smileys technology (:
medusa
Trained
Trained

Re: The NTW Clown map :)

Post by medusa »

Merowingg wrote:Hello Gentlemen :)
Some time ago I made few NTW maps :) each of it was different and represented a different member of my NTW court :)

There was the queen, the king, the wizard and even prince :) now it is time for someone with no royal blood but still irreplaceable on the royal court :)

It is the clown :) because a good court has its clown to make them happy in hard times or simply to entertain the royal family :) and court members :)

The map is called Clown not without a reason :) look carefully do you see those islands behind bases :) and those two exactly in the middle of the map :) those are the hats of our clown :) each of it has three sparks :) to explain what I mean I add the picture :) below the map picture :)

Clown is very funny :) and he decided to make joke to all players :) he put almost all of the oil behind the bases in difficult to protect places :) He knows you like to turtle.. so try to turtle now :) with almost all oil behind the base in fragile place the rules change a little bit ;) there is of course second entrance to each base at the back :)

The map is 200 x 200 :) for eight players :) 4 oils in base :) and 26 "behind" each base :) in highly difficult to protect place :) advanced bases included :)

The map has a lot of nice tilesets :) it is the clown who is supposed to be colorful and such is his map :)

Around the arena there is one tile shore :) smart players will know how to use it wisely :) the hats have also enough space to built appropriate defences :) both on the hat and its sparks too :) so use them wisely :) also the hats in the middle of the map at its edges can be great advantage if used wisely :)

I think the map is quite nice :)

357× :roll:

Ok, tell me that is not annoying ?

[Edit by Cyp: Compressed consecutive smilies using run-length encoding.]
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

medusa, your going offtopic is much more annoying actually.

Also, you're wrong to use animated smileys in your example. Everybody knows that animated smileys are much more annoying than regular ones. And even apart from it, your example is heavily exaggerated.