XML or INI

For code related discussions and questions
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

Re: XML or INI

Post by milo christiansen »

I don't really like QSettings much, INI is a little too simple, and XML is too verbose for me. IML is, as far as I'm concerned, perfect. I just need to finish the parser :wink:

I may end up using QSettings, but only if I can't find time to finish IML.

One thing I plan to do no mater the format(s) chosen is to make an abstract interface. That way if someone wants, say JSON all you would need to do is make a new back end. Depending on how hard it is I could even make it plugible :geek: I know QT comes with stuff to facilitate this but I don't know if it would work for something like this or not, clearly I need to do some research :)

In any case cam4 comes first and I have little enough time to spend on that as it is
In general, if you see glowing, pulsating things in the game, you should click on them.
- Demigod Game Ganual
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

Re: XML or INI

Post by milo christiansen »

Well I just downloaded the latest source so I can start on the interface :)

I figure if I can write a plug-able interface for loading stat files useing some kind of WRL (Warzone Resource Locator :P ) with the current csv method as the default, different format(s) can be easily added at leisure.
In general, if you see glowing, pulsating things in the game, you should click on them.
- Demigod Game Ganual