Scavenger Mod V2.0 Released!

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Scavenger Mod V2.0 Released!

Post by Black Project »

I decided to release this "god-forsaken" mod after i left it behind for almost 2 years

deadworker asked me if i could make my buggy & unstable ScavMod v1.1 ALPHA compatible to 2.3.x release, i soon realized that long time ago i was developing a more stable release of my ScavMod, but i left it behind.

I appologize for the looooong delay you guys have to wait for a more stable release of this mod.

So... that's enough of chit-chat, let's go for some features of this mod:

- This version is far much stable than the previous one. It was supposed to be named as v1.0 beta, but to avoid confusion, i decided to jump out to 2.0 series.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- This mod is NOT designed for competitive MP games, you soon will realize by it's outdated game-balancing & tech-tree (it's different and can be confusing), it's more for Skirmish & Comp-Stomp (Coop) matches.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- The AI that my Scavenger Mod uses is the Pumpkin Studios's 1.04 Patch AI, it's a far better than the current stock AI. Still, it produces the same old Project tanks.
- Almost all structures in the mod are Scavenger-themed, except for the weapons & LasSat Command Post
- Each Scavenger Body the player aquires has a different propulsion model to fit better their body, except for a few of them (3 light scav bodies)
- There are 3 helicopter slots, only change the weapons they use, don't change their propulsion as well their bodies.

There a few more features to list, but i'll let you see for yourself.

Feel free to help me pointing out any issues & bugs you find, so i can make this mod better in future releases.
Scavenger_Mod_V2.0.wz
(1.65 MiB) Downloaded 1059 times
License: Public Domain (CC-0): do whatever you want with my work

Regards BP

Note to moderation: i request the WZ Staff to lock the older thread on the following link: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3591
Last edited by lav_coyote25 on 02 Jul 2011, 07:28, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: old thread locked as per your request.... lav_coyote25
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Re: Scavenger Mod V2.0 Released!

Post by Goth Zagog-Thou »

Thanks BP, I'll try this tomorrow when I'm not dog tired. :P
deadworker
Rookie
Rookie

Post by deadworker »

hey,

thank you very much, i will try it out today. is it compatible to the new textures in the 3.X series? i try it on 2.3.8.
good to have you back

Deadworker
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

deadworker wrote:thank you very much, i will try it out today. is it compatible to the new textures in the 3.X series?
I don't have any plans to make it work on 3.0.x, since it's still in Beta phase & the WZ Staff is more focused on Master/Snapshot builds than the first one, i've decided to stick this mod in 2.3.8 release since it's a more stable build. :wink:

BP
deadworker
Rookie
Rookie

Post by deadworker »

yey,

works good in 2.3.8 ans the new models are great, much better than the earlier ones, cause the models of the smaller bodys don't have missile pots on it. :)

it's kind of funny, since i played firsttime the scavenger mod 1.1 alpha, i wished there would come a newer one but after some months i didn't believe in it and than you came back and some days later there were this new version. thank you very much

deadworker
macuser
Regular
Regular

Post by macuser »

WOW. thanks. looks great. BTW interesting helicopters.
ArtRev Website

ImageImage

System: AMD Phenom II x4, 4GB RAM, 640GB HD, Nvidia GeForce GT 240 1GB, Mac OS X 10.6
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

BP, this mod is excellent. :D The AI seems much tougher to beat than normal, the new models are fantastic, and the new units are such that it almost forces the player to change their play style.

*applause*
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

Goth Zagog-Thou wrote:BP, this mod is excellent. :D The AI seems much tougher to beat than normal
Glad to hear that the old-school 1.04 patch AI with a lot of tweaks can still kick-ass & offer a challenging skirmish &/or coop.
the new models are fantastic
I wish i could do more Scav-themed stuff, especially the weapons, but now that i got Windows 7, it becomes almost impossible to do it :cry:

PieSlicer v1.07 crashes on start up & v0.82 (old patch) crashes when rendering a model, thus being less simplier to use than the first patch mentioned. Wish i could get Windows XP back just to mod Warzone only
The new units are such that it almost forces the player to change their play style.

*applause*
I was thinking about the AI using Scavenger units too, but i scrapped that & decided to force them to only make the default Project tanks, giving a feeling to the players that they're the "real" Scavengers vs the almighty Project forces (AI).

I'm glad that you like it man, as well many others will who are looking for a Scav-themed mod for the most stable WZ build

Regards BP
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

I believe the model format is changing and tools are being developed to deal with your above issues. Your Scavenger mod would benefit greatly from that work -- and Hipoly Scav stuff is something we ALL desire to see.

Jorzi has tested the waters a bit concerning new scavenger stuff, might want to check his artwork thread.

1.04 AI. Oooh lordy I remember the hubbub concerning that one. That explains why the AI had lancers when I was just working into MRL's.

Overall I like the direction you're taking, and encourage you to continue with it. :) Thanks for your efforts, it's really added a lot of depth.
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

I haven't yet tested this mod but it looks interesting, does it work with current master?
About the new model format, not much has been decided, but we intend to support mesh deformation and tangent space normal maps, which would finally allow us to make good-looking cyborgs (and scav soldiers) without resorting to the number of ugly hacks which the current animation system seems to consist of.
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
Midsummersnow
New user

Post by Midsummersnow »

Hi I've been enjoying this mod alot (always wanted to play as the scavs) and I was wondering wouldn't it be better if the scav infantry was trained at some form of shack/inn/motel and layer it over the Cyborg Factory like you did with the other scav buildings. Also could you be able to include the vanilla versions of the trikes etc as well as your new vehicles in a future release.
zydonk
Trained
Trained

Post by zydonk »

Playing this mod in v236 (savegame load prob in later versions). Provides fast and furious play, probably as a result of using to 104 AI. Two points at this stage: no laser tracks, so miss the fireworks; why use the monstrous crane for truck upgrades, really gammy looking.

Not a scav fan - the idea of going to war on a trike(!) - but however you have combined the elements, AI, balance, vehicles, you've created a sparky mod.
Midsummersnow
New user

Post by Midsummersnow »

Yeah the large crane is kinda silly if you ask me. Why do you make a small pick up truck or somethink?
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

zydonk wrote:Playing this mod in v236 (savegame load prob in later versions).
Didn't you tried as i told you to extract the mod in a folder ? Just in case I haven't explain it clearly :

1- find "warzone2100-2.3.8/data/mods/multiplay" on your computer.
2- rename "old-1.10-balance.mod.wz" into "old-1.10-balance.mod.wz".
3- unzip in a folder of the same name. ie : "warzone2100-2.3.8/data/mods/multiplay/old-1.10-balance".
4- Double check that there is a folder "warzone2100-2.3.8/data/mods/multiplay/old-1.10-balance/stats".
5- You can now load your save correctly.
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
zydonk
Trained
Trained

Post by zydonk »

Iluvalar wrote:
zydonk wrote:Playing this mod in v236 (savegame load prob in later versions).
Didn't you tried as i told you to extract the mod in a folder ? Just in case I haven't explain it clearly :

1- find "warzone2100-2.3.8/data/mods/multiplay" on your computer.
2- rename "old-1.10-balance.mod.wz" into "old-1.10-balance.mod.wz".
3- unzip in a folder of the same name. ie : "warzone2100-2.3.8/data/mods/multiplay/old-1.10-balance".
4- Double check that there is a folder "warzone2100-2.3.8/data/mods/multiplay/old-1.10-balance/stats".
5- You can now load your save correctly.
That's a work-around. I'll wait until the prob is sorted properly, meanwhile I'll stick with 236 - which plays fine...