just videos

Discussions about AI types, units, tactics & strategy.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Re: just videos

Post by Zarel »

effigy wrote:Are you saying Light Cannon should have more splash damage?
Well, I'm saying it should be noticeable enough that you would want to move away from units moving towards you, so your own units don't take splash damage.
Baxter
Greenhorn

Post by Baxter »

OnlyHTML vs Bas de soie on startup.

(I'm neither of the two.)
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Baxter, thanks for bringing this one here. Even though OnlyHTML seems to be a newbie and provides no resistance, everyone should look closely at the build order used by red; this strategy is known to hard-counter all my precious rushes. He used fast flamers this time, but one of the other common ideas is to make fast half-tracks (machinegun viper half-tracks are extremely superior to machinegun viper wheels).
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Bas de soie (red) vs. NoQ (green) on Startup 1:0
Rush can still kill RFFRC when used appropriately! Proxy factories. Also, if you want to see me looking like a noob, come ;)
devastator
Trained
Trained

Post by devastator »

Hm, funny termins you invented.I wonder what do they mean.
devastator
Trained
Trained

Post by devastator »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwDJtgwleU8

An easy game which I totaly failed not adding trucks not sieging my oponent, but still finding solution to win though mini-pods got unexpectedly strong with new balance for me.
This sh*t doesn't deserve your time, have a nice watch!
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

devastator wrote:Hm, funny termins you invented.I wonder what do they mean.
Mmm ... which ones? RFFRC is just the build order (research, factory, factory, research, command), proxy factory is a factory built very close to enemy base (this allows bringing units into battle faster, partially nullifying the rush distance).
devastator wrote:An easy game which I totaly failed not adding trucks not sieging my oponent, but still finding solution to win though mini-pods got unexpectedly strong with new balance for me.
Teching to mini-pods was always one of the possible strategies (because their range was still the best in early-game, so they could kill tanks without ever getting in range), the new balance just makes the micro easier. Still, pulling off a rocket teching on Startup is pretty hard (the map is too small), Dylan_Hsu fails to do this against me (last time we tried ...); and yeah, borgs are an obvious early counter before MRA hovers come in.

Since early teching always aims at cannons or rockets (because MGs and flamers are easy to get anyway), one should always have borgs ready against a teching opponent (and the techer should not forget his machineguns).

Just a little analysis :oops:
devastator
Trained
Trained

Post by devastator »

I will be fair,all of it is not obvious to me.I realised he teched only when he teched..Even though I found out he makes lab 1st( <3 this tehnique ), I was expecting for diffciulties and only made difficulties myself..more vids coming soon :3
devastator
Trained
Trained

Post by devastator »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdIz2P57Y_M
I usualy sent 3rd truck to do this, but ppl were faster and made half base on mid. I kinda changed plan..I had no idea of main weapon, but 9 mins was culmination. Enjoy amazing 1 min no bases build!
(oponent was decent, but i rly made him look poor)
devastator
Trained
Trained

Post by devastator »

Waiting for some analysis xD
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

devastator wrote:Waiting for some analysis xD
You are abusing of a known flaw in a known map...

What is my price ? :lecture: :lol2:
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
devastator
Trained
Trained

Post by devastator »

I wonder what do you call known?Any list of known things?So that I should add something new there..It's so simple that main vid topic is the list.Silly boy :/
Baxter
Greenhorn

Post by Baxter »

Well, nice that you posted the movie, especially for people who didn't know about a strategy like this (although I agree with Iluvalar that lots of people probably already knew about it).

I don't agree that your opponent was decent though. He sent 2 flamers over to destoy your factory, and when you arrived at his base with 2 wheeled viper machine guns, he gave up. Sure, he was in a bad position given the start... but he could have done a LOT more...
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

devastator wrote:Waiting for some analysis xD
Some nice video, by the way. Even though that's not the most beautiful way to win the game, it's still uncertain what is the winning strategy on this map. If the enemy made a simple FRCF rush, he could have had around 10 tanks by the time you built your first tower. If he copied your strategy, it would be a nice mess i'd really like to see. Direct teching to halftracks/cannons might have been effective too, but i'm not sure, the map is too small, after all. In any case, i'm looking forward to seeing some further investigation; probably some good game involving players who are strong in early micromanagement.