Vehicles Turning Radius Question

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
adrian5934
Greenhorn

Vehicles Turning Radius Question

Post by adrian5934 »

Hi
Ive always loved WZ2100, when i first played it on PS1, i was really impressed by it's gameplay. One of those games which i hanker for a follow up. I have found your site ever so useful, and thankyou for all the info.
I wanted to make an observation, ( if it's been chewed over before, then apologies ). I think the main single problem that detracts from this game, is the vehicle turning radius. It's a shame the developers did not code units to be able to turn on the spot, this would cut down many of the pathfinding problems, and that annoying, knock on roaming that happens. I also think it is the cause of Vtols sometimes endlessly circling a pad. It surprised me that this was not the case, because tracked vehicles are very manouverable. They can turn on a sixpence. They are also faster off road than wheeled vehicles. I wondered if any knew if it might be possible to edit the turning radius.
Regards
Adrian
eZAK
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Vehicles Turning Radius Question

Post by eZAK »

Adrian, You are absolutely correct!

I think doing this will solve a lot of maneuverability problems!
"The world is full of Kings and Queens, who blind your eyes and steal your dreams......"
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

I have been experimenting a bit with it. It was not easy to make it look good and not create new bugs... Hopefully someone will take a closer look at it someday.
adrian5934
Greenhorn

Post by adrian5934 »

I would be very grateful to know how you have edited the turning radius.
Regards
Adrian