Possible Cheat/Hack?

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
TonyTheSlayer
Trained
Trained

Possible Cheat/Hack?

Post by TonyTheSlayer »

Yesterday I decided to do a FFA match with a couple of my friends, and one of them brought in someone that no one knew, not even the person who brought him (stupid, yes - and he got chewed out for it). :?

The settings for this map were:
3v1 (All of us versus "that one guy").
High Power Levels.
No scavengers.
Distance fog.
And took place on the latest verison of War of Sand Dunes. viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7605
I had base 3, and my friends has bases 1 and 2. The "other guy" had base 0.

Approximately five minutes into the game, one of my friends had lost connection and left the match, leaving it as 2v1. I was scouting for oil at the time. It was about 10 minutes when I reached the bottom of the map to make only one oil derrick, when I was attacked by three Mini-Rocket Array Python Hovers and was instantly killed, both my derrick and my truck. :shock:

I didn't think this was possible. O_o

I asked how he got those units so fast, and his reply was that he has the tech-tree completely memorized. :stressed:

I didn't want to deal with the possibility of a hacker although I was still skeptical of whether or not he was cheating, so I faked a crash. :annoyed:

But now I'm wondering for real, is this possible cheating? :hmm:

I want to know if anyone is able to recreate this incident by any means necessary, to manage to create three Mini-Rocket Array Python Hovers in less than ten minutes on this map when at base zero. I had tried this myself and was unsuccessful, for I had only just finished researching Cobra at ten minutes. :augh:
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Re: Possible Cheat/Hack?

Post by lav_coyote25 »

TonyTheSlayer wrote:Yesterday I decided to do a FFA match with a couple of my friends, and one of them brought in someone that no one knew, not even the person who brought him (stupid, yes - and he got chewed out for it). :?

High Power Levels.
No scavengers.
Distance fog.
And took place on the latest verison of War of Sand Dunes. viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7605

Approximately five minutes into the game, one of my friends had lost connection and left the match, leaving it as 2v1. I was scouting for oil at the time. It was about 10 minutes when I reached the bottom of the map to make only one oil derrick, when I was attacked by three Mini-Rocket Array Python Hovers and was instantly killed, both my derrick and my truck. :shock:

I asked how he got those units so fast, and his reply was that he has the tech-tree completely memorized. :stressed:

I didn't want to deal with the possibility of a hacker although I was still skeptical of whether or not he was cheating, so I faked a crash. :annoyed:

I want to know if anyone is able to recreate this incident by any means necessary, to manage to create three Mini-Rocket Array Python Hovers in less than ten minutes on this map when at base zero. I had tried this myself and was unsuccessful, for I had only just finished researching Cobra at ten minutes. :augh:
play againt those you know. leave those you dont out. play it again, see what happens. :lecture:
TonyTheSlayer
Trained
Trained

Post by TonyTheSlayer »

lav_coyote25 wrote:
TonyTheSlayer wrote:Yesterday I decided to do a FFA match with a couple of my friends, and one of them brought in someone that no one knew, not even the person who brought him (stupid, yes - and he got chewed out for it). :?

High Power Levels.
No scavengers.
Distance fog.

play againt those you know. leave those you dont out. play it again, see what happens. :lecture:
Good point, but I want to make sure that if this wasn't cheating, I'd better get good at learning to rush like this! :lol2:
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

I'd better get good at learning to rush like this!
yes - yes you should!! :3 :lol2: :lecture:
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

Play people who are on the IRC chat room, almost no cheaters on there,

http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=warzone2100-games
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

j0shdrunk0nwar wrote:Play people who are on the IRC chat room, almost no cheaters on there,

http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=warzone2100-games
O_o
Right. :roll:

Playing 'master' builds is a better idea, and playing with people you know/trust is even better.

There are just too many people who abuse 2.X in MP games.
At least with 'master' builds, it is easier to tell when you start going all out of sync.
and it ends here.
cowopujaan
New user

Post by cowopujaan »

hi friend, im newbie in here
i have a questions
today im download game warzone2100 file version 2.1.3.0 and i can`t use guide(cheat) for playing campaign mode
how to use the guide?
i was press "shift+backspace" but it cant
please comment it
my email [email protected]
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

You've downloaded what version :o ?

th latest version is 2.3.7 you should take the latest version
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

It was about 10 minutes when I reached the bottom of the map to make only one oil derrick, when I was attacked by three Mini-Rocket Array Python Hovers and was instantly killed
Yes, MRA Cobra hovers can be created in just around 10 minutes in case of crazy teching. Not sure how much longer does it takes to get pythons.