A new Beginning

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
fireball75
Rookie
Rookie

A new Beginning

Post by fireball75 »

The Potato_(what we made up) has just started in muti-player our purpose is to go AGAINST the tomato_(what they came up with) players send me a message if u would like to join our quest!
Video Game Ruined my Life Good Thing I have 2 Extra Lives ♥♥
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: A new Beginning

Post by NoQ »

When i first joined Warzone 2100 online (which wasn't that long ago), i remember respecting tomato_cat as a strong and respected player; after that, i didn't see him for a while, and then the tomatos suddenly reappeared, and in many numbers, quickly gaining a reputation of inadequate quitters :| I'm not sure we're having the same tomato_cat here now that was there earlier, and ... i know what you mean when you say you don't like those new tomatos, but this doesn't really make me want to play with them. I'd rather play against some real players who have something more here than just an in-game name, and who make me actually learn something from every game i play. :|

I hope i didn't sound too offensive today. I really have nothing against tomato_*; that's just not the way i like to play. Anyway, hate isn't something that gives birth to good games, imho. :|
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Post by Cyp »

NoQ wrote:When i first joined Warzone 2100 online (which wasn't that long ago), i remember respecting tomato_cat as a strong and respected player; after that, i didn't see him for a while, and then the tomatos suddenly reappeared, and in many numbers, quickly gaining a reputation of inadequate quitters :| I'm not sure we're having the same tomato_cat here now that was there earlier, and ... i know what you mean when you say you don't like those new tomatos, but this doesn't really make me want to play with them. I'd rather play against some real players who have something more here than just an in-game name, and who make me actually learn something from every game i play. :|

I hope i didn't sound too offensive today. I really have nothing against tomato_*; that's just not the way i like to play. Anyway, hate isn't something that gives birth to good games, imho. :|
I remember Cat being a good player. Then later Cat mutated into tomato_cat. Then it spread...
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

Around the time I started online there was a tomato_Cat before Cat and the current tomato_*. I watched the "veterans" of that time go from respect to being tired of playing with tomato_Cat for "team quitting" (leaving the game early). It went as far as not allowing tomato_Cat into team games anymore because he would undoubtedly through off the balance by quitting at the first sign of trouble (or vtol). Other times we would allow him in just to see how quickly we could make him quit. This is the attitude is carried on by the current tomato_*, who can not only host, but have somehow* learned** how to disable vtol from any game they host.

*who? what?

**hooked on Phonics worked for me, too
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
brakenfur
Trained
Trained

Post by brakenfur »

i have seen silmar and had silmar expericnes to the things that NoQ and Effigy have seen with the tomatoes which i have a strong dislike of all of them once if u are making a clan to go agianst them u are welcome but there is possible for your to go to the dark side and join to noobs good luck facing them they can be hard to beat on ntw
Delphinio
Art contributor

Post by Delphinio »

hehe, i remember the times on gamespy.
his name was TormatoCat_Ru, he was a newbie @wz and his buddy 9_yam_9 too :lol2:.
pawi and me killed them often and they needed a long time to get better.
once they get good, they was hard to kill... we lost some, but not all :wink:.
it was fun to play against them, and i miss the good old gamespy times :(.
somewhere @the end of 2009, he played more and more on 2.x, because Gamespy ran out of wz players.
afaik, 9_yam_9 had a slow computer, thats why he never realy played on 2.x

me and pawi (Pawianos) "left" Warzone 2100 then...
...it just wasnt the same game...

*Long life SoS* :cry:
SoS-ELITE-Sniper [SoS-DownTown37] >> Leader
SoS-WidowMaker
SoS-Delphinio
SoS-LONGlegs
SoS-Djspeed
SoS-Pawianos
SoS-Hassman
SoS-ChiliPeppers
SoS-Nexus
SoS-StudLord
Axel
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Axel »

HI all
I dont know how been Cat on Game spy. But want to tell the story about how Cat has become strong player.
When i came to WZ online (to lobby server) and received some skills and exp, I has met werewolf and TomatoCat (Cat has been not so strong, he hes been in some there in the middle, so i to, and werewolf). We liked to play to one command and play like all time... Оnce we are вegan to win too often and nobody wanted to play with us and we change our nicks Axel -> Zames, TomatoCat - Cat or tomato. Some time later we are (i and werewolf) notice that cat do not respect anymore his teammates and began sometimes use some sort of cheat (we are dont know this trick). Team brokes... Later appear Tomatoes players and his Clan. In our team Cat learn his tacktics (it been part of us team tacktic)...
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

Axel wrote:...We liked to play to one command and play like all time... Оnce we are вegan to win too often and nobody wanted to play with us and we change our nicks Axel -> Zames, TomatoCat - Cat or tomato.
I remember playing an Axel and a Zames, as well as werwolf. I don't think it was too much winning of your team that stopped people from playing you, it was that tomato_Cat was hosting, and we knew he would quit the game early.
Some time later we are (i and werewolf) notice that cat do not respect anymore his teammates and began sometimes use some sort of cheat (we are dont know this trick). Team brokes... Later appear Tomatoes players and his Clan. In our team Cat learn his tacktics (it been part of us team tacktic)...
Could you explain what the cheat does? I don't know why, but recently some have suspected werwolf also cheats.
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
kracker
Trained
Trained

Post by kracker »

Yeah, I've known tomato_cat (cat) for a long while... too bad this happened.
Error: Keyboard not found. Press any key to continue.
~Co-Founder of the clan BDC.
Delphinio
Art contributor

Post by Delphinio »

Axel wrote:Cat has been not so strong, he hes been in some there in the middle
he had to learn the "new" warzone 2100...
Axel
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Axel »

Then we are plays in team all member hosts. (In dependence of connection quality) and when cat host, he submit ours rules (if you host, you cant quit while game not end for teammates)
About werewolf cheating i say impossible i know him for long time, i never seen nothing "strange". In our Clan Hard rules about cheating and tricks, and i know werewolf just dont know how is possible to cheat. And i just say "play More attentively"
About how cat cheat "we are dont know" some sort of building cheat
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

Thanks Axel, I've known werwolf as a good player and not a cheater.

"when cat host, he submit ours rules (if you host, you cant quit while game not end for teammates)" Yes, and if 1 teammate loses their base, he does not help them build a new one, he ends the game for everyone.
Wisler
Trained
Trained

Post by Wisler »

To start a clan war with these guys is the same as throwing slices of bacon at a hungry tiger to kill it, they will just quit on you if you do manage to start to beat them, best way is to not play anyone with the tomato name and kick any tomatoes in your own game.

Last time i played these guys was a few months back in one of their Tomato_masssss(no vtol) games, i let them spam defenses as they always do, told me team not to attack and just spam tanks to max, let them spam artillery as they always do. Then smashed a whole in the east edge of there wall and 400+tanks rolled through, i then see a host has quit sign appear. I rejoin in lobby ,tomato mass calls me a cheater and kicks me, expect this as a general thing to happen in your clan war with them.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.

Pm me to try out for RBL.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Wisler: i'd probably let this latest signature of mine hang around a little longer ...
Playing games not arranged on IRC is bad for your health (:
ortmaster
Greenhorn

Post by ortmaster »

im not sure why but every time I join a tomato room the map never downloads, and i can never click in, I love making ketchup, but never get the chance

ortmasters/BDC killa/kill jedis