copying warzone folder to my new computer

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
aquila828
Rookie
Rookie

copying warzone folder to my new computer

Post by aquila828 »

-is it legal to copy the installed folder to my new computer? because I just saved a copy on my portable harddisk as a backup.

-and also is it possible to make it run without the installer? I mean just by using the copied folder?

Thanks
Giel
Regular
Regular

Re: copying warzone folder to my new computer

Post by Giel »

aquila828 wrote:
  • is it legal to copy the installed folder to my new computer? because I just saved a copy on my portable harddisk as a backup.
Yes, this is always legal (even without the rights the GPL grants you).
aquila828 wrote:
  • and also is it possible to make it run without the installer? I mean just by using the copied folder?
If you're using a version as distributed by us then the answer is yes, definitly.
"First make sure it works good, only then make it look good." -- Giel
Want to tip/donate? bitcoin:1EaqP4ZPMvUffazTxm7stoduhprzeabeFh
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

Savegames, etc, are not inside the Warzone folder. Find them in the My Documents folder instead.
aquila828
Rookie
Rookie

Post by aquila828 »

DevUrandom on: August 19, 2007, 03:08:18 am wrote:Savegames, etc, are not inside the Warzone folder. Find them in the My Documents folder instead.
I copied all the folders and put them with my WZ but when I run the copied game an error shows: The procedure entry point alcGetSting could not be located in the dynamic link library OpenAL32.dll.

Guys, I really need your help. I know this is evil but I've been trying to run the game at work where Im not allowed to install. so I was thinking of copying an already installed game instead... "It's more fun playing inside the office where it's not allowed" EVIL ;)
Watermelon
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Watermelon »

aquila828 wrote: I copied all the folders and put them with my WZ but when I run the copied game an error shows: The procedure entry point alcGetSting could not be located in the dynamic link library OpenAL32.dll.

Guys, I really need your help. I know this is evil but I've been trying to run the game at work where Im not allowed to install. so I was thinking of copying an already installed game instead... "It's more fun playing inside the office where it's not allowed" EVIL ;)
Check if the file openAL32.dll you copied from other installation is corrupted,the file version should be '6.14.357.13' size 84.0 KB (86,016 bytes)
tasks postponed until the trunk is relatively stable again.
aquila828
Rookie
Rookie

Post by aquila828 »

well I check the dll and found it's 100KB and the version is "0.9.5.1" I just downloaded it fron the internet. Where can I get the dll you are talking about?

Thanks