Warzone 2102: Omega Squadron

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Mr_E
Trained
Trained

Re: Warzone 2102: Omega Squadron

Post by Mr_E »

you have too many "had"
fire had had their air supply
I'm not always on but when I am you know it.
Tucalipe
Trained
Trained

Post by Tucalipe »

> Whoops... I don't write on MS Word. I write directly here :P. Thanks for pointing it out ^^
> I'm surprised I haven't made more mistakes like that :S
Mr_E
Trained
Trained

Post by Mr_E »

good for you
Tucalipe
Trained
Trained

Post by Tucalipe »

> More will come after exams, sorry.
brakenfur
Trained
Trained

Post by brakenfur »

that is ok o and good luck
Mr_E
Trained
Trained

Post by Mr_E »

are you going to do a storyline special, something that has to do with christmas per say...
Tucalipe
Trained
Trained

Post by Tucalipe »

- That was a disaster! Begin reconstrucion of the tanks at once! Reinforce air supplies and hatches! - ordered Luke. He was now poised to raid that very same base. More oil derricks meant more resources and he could also build a forward base there, with no need to redirect power to that base.
This time, he'd also take Vindicators to take care of Orange-dropping VTOL's before they reached his forces. He really regretted not doing so the last time, as he was sure the Coalition wasn't strategically developed enough to use VTOL's to defend a base.
Since there were no attacks to Omega, Luke had enough time to build an army twice the size of the last one, with Rail Guns, the Vindicators, Scourges and fire-extinguishing cyborgs, as well assault MG's and HPV's.
Like before, Luke sent high-speed STOL's to scout over Coalition's base. However, after the last attack, they had reinforced their positions. Heavy multi-turret units were now defending the base. Mostly comprised of heavy cannons and missiles, the multi-turret heavy units here patrolling the base perimeter, while VTOLs were scouting from above. After detecting Omega's STOLs, the VTOLs were sent back for rearming and refuelling.

- I want that base! NOW! Prepare the special artillery batteries! - Luke lead the attack force, on his command tank. This time though, when the Coalition's VTOLs took off, Omega's Vindicators fired upon them taking them down even before they could launch they payload. With the VTOLs taken care of, Luke ordered a charge onto the base. What he didn't expect was that his old units affected by the Orange were now under Coalition's control. Most of them were rocket-launchers, who fired upon Omega's forces as soon as they got in range, replacing the lost underground bunkers lost during the last conflict. Nevertheless, Omega pushed forward, eliminating the converted units. Once again, as the Coalition's numbers dwindled, the converted units started their kamikaze runs. Right then, Luke activated his comm link and issued, calmly a single order:
- Engage the Archangels.
Within seconds, a rain of artillery rockets poured over the Coalition's base as well their units. Most didn't survive the attack, and the ones who did survive, were too damaged and were quickly dispatched by Scourges. The second wave of Archangels destroyed most of the oil derricks, factories and repair facilities, leaving the base with only a couple hardpoints.
After a quick battle, Omega erradicated the enemy forces and levelled the base, opening space for their own derricks and defenses. Unfortunately no technology about multi-turret tanks or underground bunkers were found on the factories.
brakenfur
Trained
Trained

Post by brakenfur »

great new chapter i have an idea if Omega squad finds a some lost commder of the of Team Beta or something who has new technologys and know more about the core. Or some one in Omega is a tratior. just a some iseas :idea:
macuser
Regular
Regular

Post by macuser »

You're a great writer :) I always like it when you post ;) keep it up

-regards macuser
ArtRev Website

ImageImage

System: AMD Phenom II x4, 4GB RAM, 640GB HD, Nvidia GeForce GT 240 1GB, Mac OS X 10.6
Mr_E
Trained
Trained

Post by Mr_E »

among the things that must've suck during the attack is finding out that there were no artifacts to recover afterwards... but other than that, i wonder how the Orange mist "controlled" the shells. i mean the people were dissolved... any answers?
brakenfur
Trained
Trained

Post by brakenfur »

yeah that is a good question does the orange have the nexus virus in it or some thing
macuser
Regular
Regular

Post by macuser »

Mr_E wrote:among the things that must've suck during the attack is finding out that there were no artifacts to recover afterwards... but other than that, i wonder how the Orange mist "controlled" the shells. i mean the people were dissolved... any answers?
it only eats flesh not metal ;)
ArtRev Website

ImageImage

System: AMD Phenom II x4, 4GB RAM, 640GB HD, Nvidia GeForce GT 240 1GB, Mac OS X 10.6
Tucalipe
Trained
Trained

Post by Tucalipe »

> Orange dissolves flesh. After its effect is over, the Coalition simply sends their own pilots to comandeer the now-vacant tanks.
Mr_E wrote: among the things that must've suck during the attack is finding out that there were no artifacts to recover afterwards
> Oh boy... But Warzone is pretty much like that. You have inferior weapons and tech, and you gotta think before attacking so you can win with what you got, and eventually get their tech. Remember how many missions it took to get the VTOL tech?
Mr_E
Trained
Trained

Post by Mr_E »

true... it still must be annoying for whoever is the commander though...
brakenfur
Trained
Trained

Post by brakenfur »

when is the next chapeter coming