maps by NoQ

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Mats
Trained
Trained

Re: maps by hao

Post by Mats »

Don't worry about making posts in a row Hao! Your maps are generally really really good!
Full of ideas - Most are probably useless. Feel free to ignore them :)
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

"3c-MonocotBeta1" - very well map. But some issues I think should be fixed: there no much flat surface on base location; don't know but is it very necessary to make an hole inside base, so truks stacking there sometimes.
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Terminator: :hmm: Do you really mean it? :hmm: Even bots don't seem to have any trouble with base size or stuck trucks. With 11.3 oils per player, you won't need to build too many factories. You also have a lowground on the back of your base. I've made a hole in the ground exactly because i thought the base would be too big without it. Am i wrong? (:

P.S. Mats: See? I whined and it worked!! (: (: (:
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

I replayed again on another positon, seems fine. May be I just don't feel comfy with these new textures
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Terminator wrote:I replayed again on another positon, seems fine. May be I just don't feel comfy with these new textures
:) Now that's the feedback i really want to hear, because i'm not using the new textures the way they are supposed to be used. I'm trying to make clear maps, disrespecting the hints like "this texture is supposed to be a cliff" etc. Some of these experiments might be good, but some may be bad, tasteless and leading to unwanted results. :hmm:
RBK_
New user

Post by RBK_ »

Amazing work in this map (2c-Infinity)
8) :)
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

RBK_ wrote:Amazing work in this map (2c-Infinity)
8) :)
Yeah, nice to see you too! (:
Strange. Different people tend to like different maps! (:

Monocot Beta 2. I've repainted it all, so it's an urban map now, but ... not that urban. In fact, this is another crazy 3.0-friendly-map-making experiment. I'm keeping the old version as well.

If not those oil derricks, i couldn't have guessed it is actually good old warzone2100 just by looking at these screenshots!

ImageImageImage

P.S. This map features a funny bug: it still looks like an arizona map in the preview :shock: This started to happen when i changed the first tile's type (blue cliffs). Also, i didn't even paint the cliffs in FlaME, because red tiles are automatically substituted by the first texture.
Attachments
3c-MonocotBeta2.wz
(29.92 KiB) Downloaded 566 times
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Monocot Beta 3, in which i've broken a few more things. First, i've placed a few trees ( :D ) They don't yet look well in 3.0-betas, but work on master builds already. Also, i'm using the texture originally designed for cliffs as a simple dirt, and it looks good imho. The map is almost finished.

ImageImage
ImageImage

Upd: Map deleted. Use final version from the next message!
Last edited by NoQ on 06 Dec 2010, 08:02, edited 1 time in total.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Monocot Final. Nothing changed since the last beta (except map name), so i've deleted the Beta3 attachment.
The map still works well only on master builds.
By the way, here is the correct map preview:
Attachments
monocot.png
monocot.png (19.74 KiB) Viewed 13509 times
3c-Monocot.wz
Finally
(33.22 KiB) Downloaded 690 times
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Also, i've just posted a little rework of my older map "Helmet". Just simplified it a little by removing all ramps to the highground. It's in the same message.

P.S. Hmm, looks like ImageShack is lagging. Too bad (:
Cat Cranker
Greenhorn

Post by Cat Cranker »

He man loved Milky Way....great map but i noticed its very hard to get around the get the oils in the bottom right and top left... i sent my transport up there with three eng and it was impossible to get them all.. but othere than that myself and everyone loved the map
<@Dylan_Hsu> "hey doctor my arm hurts when i go like this" *waves right arm*,doctor: "then don't go like this" *waves arm back*
[20:01] <Tux of WAR> English or die!
^^^ Now plz dont get offended by that :)
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

its very hard to get around the get the oils in the bottom right and top left...
Yeah, they were supposed to be transport-only.
with three eng
Sorry, with who? (:

P.S. Thanks (:
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

5c-Starfish

A more-or-less-balanced 5-player map. Requires warzone2100 v3.1+ or master to play.
Beware of avalanches and scavengers. Don't bother escaping on the highground, 'cause it's pure cliff and dead anyway.

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage
Attachments
5c-Starfish-1-01.wz
(116.56 KiB) Downloaded 857 times
starfish.png
starfish.png (41.19 KiB) Viewed 13395 times
Last edited by NoQ on 20 Jun 2012, 14:28, edited 7 times in total.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hello Hao :)

Well first of all, why "Starfish" ?? do you see fish anywhere ?? ;) Now honestly, I like the name :) although I am interested in its origin :)

Secondly :) Yes, Beta 4 and Master gives us great opportonity to make new shapes of the map, as you have greatly proved by the last two maps :) In 2.3.6 it would look a litle bit strange, I mean the layout of the textures :) but in beta 4 and master, it looks great and so rich, I have to rethink some things as you already did, and start to use the potential of beta 4 :)

For me as I look at it closer now the map looks like blood cell :) I like that each base is "protected" by a scavs base :) still not so close and far enough, really good placement I see here, also details like trees and finally logs cabins, add nice visual aspect :) many many textures details, I like it very much :)

I suppose it is quit good ballanced, no drastic changes are needed, although scavs being so close to the bases may become agressive ;)

Maybe it is time for me to create something for X player support :)

Bye :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Well first of all, why "Starfish" ??
:lecture: Because it's surrounded by water :D Also, starfish.
Blood cell?? Ah ha ha XD
Well, i'm actually running out of good names (:
Last edited by NoQ on 10 Dec 2010, 13:35, edited 1 time in total.