2.3.6 has been released!

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

2.3.6 has been released!

Post by cybersphinx »

After quite some time, another 2.3 release. This one fixes the armor that was ignored since 2.3.2, crashes when using translations and several other problems (see below).

Download:
As usual, downloads can be found on our download page or directly on Sourceforge.

Bug Reports:
As usual, we need bug reports to fix problems in the game. Please note that we use tickets only to track bugs, for discussions about how features should work and feature requests we have a dedicated forum section.

For bug reports, see BugReporting for details, in short:
  • Search the existing tickets for your problem, if the problem has already been fixed in SVN, the ticket will be closed.
  • If there is an open one already, feel free to add more info to it.
  • If there is no report yet, make a new ticket.
  • Be as detailed as possible in both summary and description, and either log in with your forum account or leave an email address so we can contact you if we need more information.
  • The more information we have, the easier it is to fix problems, so include savegames/instructions to reproduce the bug, crashdumps, backtraces, screenshots for graphical problems... if you have.
  • When you attach files to a ticket, please add each text/image file separately and uncompressed, so we can view them easily in trac (savegames can and should be zipped, they consist of name.gam, possibly name.es, and the files in the name/ folder).
Detailed Changelog:

2010-11-28: Version 2.3.6

General
  • Fix: Prevent memory corruption in the scripting code (#1656, ddfaeca677)
  • Fix: Don't crash in the unit design screen when using unicode strings (#2209, 209e12b665)
  • Fix: Don't ignore armor (#2273, 0f3bfba734)
  • Fix: Do not activate a radar detector before it has been completely built (#2202, bf058bbf20)
  • Fix: Clear a droid's order queue when it gets new orders (5e1a50db8d)
  • Fix: Make rearming pads actually repair units (#2234, #2313, 81b29af81b)
  • Fix: Projectiles going through terrain due to bad terrain height calculations, terrain shading (08f9fa5878)
  • Fix: Prevent possible crash with multi-turret units (8d3cbb0488)
Multiplayer
  • Fix: Make power generator output in multiplayer not depend on the game difficulty setting (6752476263)
  • Fix: Make sure not to give too many trucks to another player (0a9b3b44a7)
  • Fix: Don't crash when players click the "ready" button too often (#2346, b665e9d8cf)
NTW modTranslations
sg1efc
Trained
Trained

Re: 2.3.6 has been released!

Post by sg1efc »

Thank you :-)
My Thanks to everyone past, present and future who have helped to create & continues to improve WZ2100, you're all Awesome! :)
chobibo
Greenhorn

Post by chobibo »

Thanks for the update guys!
I downloaded the file but it's broken, I tried re-downloading the file and I noticed that instead of a file that's 52mb, I got a 50mb file. Could you please fix it thanks.

Sorry about that, I've managed to make it work now, my download manager was the problem. Sorry for the mistake.
mcdebugger
Trained
Trained

Post by mcdebugger »

Awesome!
digt
Rookie
Rookie

Post by digt »

Keep up the great work!
Mats
Trained
Trained

Post by Mats »

This is great! Fantastic job from the dev team on this project.
Full of ideas - Most are probably useless. Feel free to ignore them :)
vHIn
New user

Post by vHIn »

tnx guys this is great!
macuser
Regular
Regular

Post by macuser »

yes, thnx ;)
ArtRev Website

ImageImage

System: AMD Phenom II x4, 4GB RAM, 640GB HD, Nvidia GeForce GT 240 1GB, Mac OS X 10.6
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Warzone is finally playable again! And we'd have to re-learn the balance (:
Verin
Trained
Trained

Post by Verin »

YES!!! Machine guns dont rule anymore!

cannons :)
My multiplayer name is Verin
Usually in ideas and suggestions.
I Am also an ASE certified technician.
ANDRE2000
New user

Post by ANDRE2000 »

vão perder comtra min
meeso
Trained
Trained

Post by meeso »

so what's with the machine guns and the armor and all that .. we need some sort of explanation here!! i hated the rushing and the massing up of mg forces, but i also hate it when balance rules keep changing like that. the game is sufficiently complex, and few are those who know how to play in terms of strategy. So, why and how are the mgs don't matter now?

thanks
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Post by Cyp »

meeso wrote:so what's with the machine guns and the armor and all that .. we need some sort of explanation here!! i hated the rushing and the massing up of mg forces, but i also hate it when balance rules keep changing like that. the game is sufficiently complex, and few are those who know how to play in terms of strategy. So, why and how are the mgs don't matter now?

thanks
The balance wasn't changed. It was just a very tiny bugfix: "Fix: Don't ignore armor". Just one insignificant character.
meeso
Trained
Trained

Post by meeso »

Cyp wrote: The balance wasn't changed. It was just a very tiny bugfix: "Fix: Don't ignore armor". Just one insignificant character.
Then why is everyone talking about mgs worthlessness NOW under 2.3.6 ?!! apparently this insignificant character is going to require more than mgs to effect serious damage in units. i played only once so far, and another player wiped off my mg 120 units in a blink of an eye.. when i thought he was cheating, he explained: "everything is different now!"

so What is going on guys!!! lol
Dalton
Trained
Trained

Post by Dalton »

The armor bug has been around for a while and I believe parts of the game were balanced while it was still broken so now that it is back certain aspects of the game may be unbalanced and will need to be rebalanced so be patient (also a simple typo/bug in code can have a big impact).