flaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor [pre 1.10 thread]

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
alto1234
Trained
Trained

Re: flaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor

Post by alto1234 »

tmp500 wrote:it would be nice to just have an inverse of the buildup brush mapped to ctrl. so modelling the height with lets say +100 would give you -100 with the ctrl key. but that would be a minor feature that would be nice. but i think it would speed up the process.
right click
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

hey i tried the flame editor and got frustrated with how the cam works.... ill might try it again, once its intuitive to rotate and move around. i guess im just used to the normal 3d programs where you either rotate with middle mouse button move with alt+left button or something like that.
Good idea, but the current way isn't too bad. ADSW for movement and all numpad keys for rotating. But still ... not very notebook-friendly (!)
BlueMaxima
Trained
Trained

Post by BlueMaxima »

While I have no problems with flaME's current controls (MY laptop has a full numpad, haha) it would be a smart idea to allow customizable controls. 1.2, maybe?
Bring back...ducks!
tmp500
Trained
Trained

Post by tmp500 »

well i like to have one hand on the keyboard and one on the mouse/wacom pen. so im missing a third hand that uses the keypad :) by the way how was it possible for this auora guy to make a 3d model and get it into warzone? now that would be nice for all the 3d guys that know how to use a 3d app...
tmp

using zbrush for modelling maps would just be awsome!
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

First of all I want to say that flaMe 1 10 is just great :)

I think I have fell in love with it :)

Now secondly I have a problem, and I did not find this in instruction which is by the way very nicely done :)

The problem I have is as follows

I have made base 0, all structures and four trucks, and I want to copy it entirely and baste elsewhere and make it base 1, is that possible ?? ??

Becuse I copied changed the settings to base 1 and althourh it pasted entirely, it is exact copy but base 0 in number..

Please gentlemen can you tell me is that possible ?? and explain it to me step by step ??

Am I doing something wrong ??
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

The control options tmp500 mentions are something I think about too. It would it be nice if you could at least move (pan) by clicking the scroll wheel (mouse 3). I get the same effect now by left clicking the mini-map and dragging.

Maybe someday there could be a tool that turns left click into pan and also, clicking the scroll wheel for orbit (like SketchUp!).
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

One thought about water triangle correction. I feel as if the check made while compiling the map is more accurate then the check that is binded to the "Water triangle correction" button. Even if i press "Water triangle correction" and instantly save the map, it says some more triangles need correction; more importantly, they actually do, and i've seen it during this issue. I'll look in it a little closer next time, but i also want you to check this (: On the other hand, probably, "Reinterpret terrain" button breaks triangles (?)
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Yes, by the way, what is "reinterpret" button for ??
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

AFAIK, It tries to guess internal terrain types used in FlaME to paint beautiful transitions and cliffs by looking on the textures. It's necessary to reinterpret terrain when you're importing a map in .wz format, or when you've modified several tiles' textures manually.
urgood2
Trained
Trained

Post by urgood2 »

Hi,

I thought it would be nice if flaME had a splash screen on startup.
I don't know about other users, but when I run flaME on my computer, the window appears "empty" for a while before I can use it. Presumably the program was loading.
Wouldn't it be better to show a splash screen while it loads, then after all loading is completed make the window visible? I think flail13 would be able to implement it in VB.

Regards,
Josh
urgood2
Trained
Trained

Post by urgood2 »

Here it is:

please tell me how you like it. :)
urgood2
Trained
Trained

Post by urgood2 »

The second one I worked on:

The background is made out of an in-game Warzone screenshot.
Attachments
Splash image
Splash image
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Ah i see.. ok now i will use reinterpret..

Thank you for the information Hao :)

Damn i hope it is all ok on what I created becuse i didnt use it..

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

It shouldn't affect the compiled map, it's just about how your brush works.

But i still have a feeling as if it breaks water triangles. But i've lost the good test example already (:

P.S. urgood2, urgood2! I like the first splash.The second one somehow bears an atmosphere of "Age of Empires" O_o
urgood2
Trained
Trained

Post by urgood2 »

hao wrote: P.S. urgood2, urgood2! I like the first splash.The second one somehow bears an atmosphere of "Age of Empires" O_o
Thank you :)