New testing build for pre-3.0-1 is now up!

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
Square
Trained
Trained

Re: New testing build for 3.0 is now up!

Post by Square »

enemy units change their color to green when they explode.
And the graphic is ~quite slow on my Intel GMA 950, but okay for playing little battles
Croix
Greenhorn

Post by Croix »

Somehow the game freeze out when I try to fire the LaserSat.
Many maps have problems with the height of water tiles. Driveable with non-hover vehicles, plus the water tile height is the same as the basic ground height.
alto1234
Trained
Trained

Post by alto1234 »

what's netcode like in this version? is it more deterministic than in 2.3.5?
macuser
Regular
Regular

Post by macuser »

AFAIK from what i see in the code it is just the 2.3 branch with modified graphics engine and textures :( no new netcode changes per-se
ArtRev Website

ImageImage

System: AMD Phenom II x4, 4GB RAM, 640GB HD, Nvidia GeForce GT 240 1GB, Mac OS X 10.6
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Post by Cyp »

The pre-3.0 branch has the same netcode as 2.3.
The deterministic branch is master, maybe that will become 3.1.
Verin
Trained
Trained

Post by Verin »

skirmish Does not work on mac, tried to make a ticket but your damn thing wants an email. I forgot what email I registered so i just said screw it.
My multiplayer name is Verin
Usually in ideas and suggestions.
I Am also an ASE certified technician.
Mr_E
Trained
Trained

Post by Mr_E »

i just hope it fixes my keyboard problems you know the 0-9 thing :annoyed: low and behold it doesn't :annoyed:
anyway, i think the Super transport moves too slow, say can you speed it up to the speed 1.5 times the speed of a
vtol, dragon, hydra, plasmite bombay *2? i like the original wheels model

oh...
btw it still wont work it still does the 0-9 thing.
Last edited by Mr_E on 19 Oct 2010, 23:25, edited 3 times in total.
I'm not always on but when I am you know it.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Verin wrote:skirmish Does not work on mac, tried to make a ticket but your damn thing wants an email. I forgot what email I registered so i just said screw it.
O_o It is the same account as the forums. Just log in here, then make a ticket.
Mr_E wrote:i just hope it fixes my keyboard problems you know the 0-9 thing :annoyed:
:annoyed: If you would have done what I asked... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6584#p71352
Cyp wrote:The pre-3.0 branch has the same netcode as 2.3.
The deterministic branch is master, maybe that will become 3.1.
Hopefully, yes.
macuser wrote:AFAIK from what i see in the code it is just the 2.3 branch with modified graphics engine and textures :( no new netcode changes per-se
I still have patches, just not applied yet. Not enough hours in the day.
Croix wrote:Somehow the game freeze out when I try to fire the LaserSat.
Many maps have problems with the height of water tiles. Driveable with non-hover vehicles, plus the water tile height is the same as the basic ground height.
LaSat is Fixed, I think I saw a commit for the water...
KenAlcock wrote:Tried out the new Super Transports. Man oh Man, they move like lead zeppelins! Mooooovinnnnnnnngggg Verrrrrrrrryyyyy Slooooooowwwwlyyyyyyyyy.

I sent three of these "blimps" to land 30 Pulse LAser Cyborgs into an enemy base that had next to no AA defense. Their approach to the LZ was from the weakest side of the enemy base near the back (all the defending cyborgs were more to the front of this base). Between the time my three Super Transports got within their weapons' range of the base and the time they landed (which seemed about like 30 seconds), the transports managed to kill off 4 factories and 4 units as they were landing--that's how long it took them to land. I never tried to use them with tank units
Whoops, that was a typo, I didn't mean to make it that slow.
About how much faster do you think it should be ?

... for the rest, I'll get back to you.
and it ends here.
KenAlcock
Trained
Trained

Post by KenAlcock »

I know Zarel will go all "out of balance" on me for suggesting this. But I would like to see Super Transports move the same speed as they do during campaign missions, or somewhat close to that (75%-85% of that speed perhaps). I do believe the Cyborg Transport should be the faster of the two transports, since it should be optimized for quick troop insertion. IMO there are other ways to balance things like cost and production time. I know from discussion in some other old thread that The Project has at least three Super Transports. It was also suggest that perhaps The Project only had three Super Transports. So perhaps the research time, production time and cost should be increased in order to offset a speed increase?
My game handle is Cosmic Raven or Cosmic Raven 68
DraLUSAD
Trained
Trained

Post by DraLUSAD »

I've got several problems with this version

Windows Vista:
Loading the game into Main menu, when making a "Single player" skirmish game, it crashes on load :(

Windows 7:
During Multiplayer game play, the game would crash, leaving its husk and music/sound in background, and you cannot maximize it afterwords

Windows XP:
Works perfectally, bumped everything to max... certain textures are missing though "Repair facilities" and what also looks to be new textures for polpultion as well "wheels" Terrain textures, are awesome too, however, the Super Transport "like the idea of loading X amounts of units" is UBER slow... and its weapon seems kinda powerful... you can simple patrol it back and forth from an AI Base and wipe it out, lol
Also, during a multiplayer game, i got an error message, but it was something to do with online, but aint sure what it was it, need to look for it and post it.

Things to check
Sky Box:
Urban Theme:
Thing with snow and grass:
Back and working on more maps than before.
AniZIne
New user

Post by AniZIne »

ok... cant start the game... after i click the icon the screen flashes once changes the arrow to the game`s one then flashes again and nothing... that happens in a fraciton of a second :D

W7
zarulhairee
Trained
Trained

Post by zarulhairee »

probably the resolution? thats a bug, but temporary fix for you is try to reducing your graphic properties like from 32 bit to 16 bit. or from 1280X800 to 800X600. make sure to put those on ticket
ENEMY OF ENEMY WITHIN ENEMY THAT LIES BETWEEN ENEMY THAT TRIES TO UNFOLD AN ENEMY SO THAT THE ENEMY WILL THINK IT'S ENEMY IS AWAY FROM THE ENEMY HOME WORLD THEN AFTER THE ENEMY WORLD

wanna add me on Google talk? go ahead :D

[email protected]
sg1efc
Trained
Trained

Post by sg1efc »

Thanks a lot everyone as always for your continuing hard work. :)
My Thanks to everyone past, present and future who have helped to create & continues to improve WZ2100, you're all Awesome! :)
Happy Camper
Trained
Trained

Post by Happy Camper »

Did you change the weapon ranges? I seems to me that some weapons have a rather limited range (machine gun tower, hpc hardpoint, tamk killer emplacement). Machine gun towers seem also to have a problem to shoot over walls (larger minimum shooting distance?).

Anyway, great work, I will continue testing!
Roach
Greenhorn

Post by Roach »

My only problem is Warzone 2100 is modding related and only wishes to increase the limit of design components, right now the game is limited to 40, going beyond this causes any new components to not to show up. Don't get me wrong, I like this game and been modding it for years. I'm just discouraged by its hardcoded limits when it comes to modding.

Code: Select all

//found in design.c

85 #define MAX_TABS 4
93 #define MAX_DESIGN_COMPONENTS 40 // Max number of stats the design screen can cope with.
94 #define MAX_SYSTEM_COMPONENTS 32 // can only fit 8 buttons on a system component form
I've attempted to add roughly 10 new weapons, unfortunately most of them don't show in the design component after researching them due to this hard-coded limit.

I really like the current direction of the official developments. I just don't want to compile a private build over something like this.

~ Roach