maps by NoQ

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Wibble199
Trained
Trained

Re: maps by hao

Post by Wibble199 »

Aww poor Mero. :(
I hope you get your computer back soon and in good conditions os you can start map making again properly soon :)

Anyway, I tried that challenge but got owned xD but im a really bad player so...:|
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

You'd have to implement some of the dirtiest anti-bot tricks to win in this challenge ;)
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Here is the map you might recognize (: Of course, i've polished it a little after that.

2c-Racetrack

It's an asymmetric duel map, and it's another "ring" map of mine (: You can never know from which side will your enemy strike, so scouting is important here. Low-oil. Please report any balance issues (which base will you prefer here??)
Attachments
racetrack.png
racetrack.png (16.07 KiB) Viewed 11196 times
2c-Racetrack.wz
v1.0
(17.24 KiB) Downloaded 622 times
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Outskirts Beta 4. Rebuilt base 0 a little, added scavengers.

upd: Deleted. Use the final version! (:
Last edited by NoQ on 05 Oct 2010, 07:06, edited 2 times in total.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hi Hao :)

Stop spamming with your maps ;) I am kidding of course :)

You are another map making factory :)

Nice speed map making by the way :)

Another good map (: and you have used cars feture (: I like the car which carries petrol the most (: I mean the feature (;
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

I've just "finalized" 2c-Outskirts. Only a few cliff tiles have changed since the last beta. I've also added several screenshots - just because i enjoy how this map looks :) :oops:
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

8c-Island8

Just one big 2x2x2x2 map.
v1.01 update fixed a few broken tiles and added one extra factory to advanced bases for each player.
Terrain preview in FlaME
Terrain preview in FlaME
Island8.png (65.6 KiB) Viewed 11047 times
Attachments
8c-Island8-1-01.wz
(95.53 KiB) Downloaded 627 times
Last edited by NoQ on 26 Oct 2010, 09:36, edited 2 times in total.
Alpha93
Trained
Trained

Post by Alpha93 »

That one reminds me of a C&C: Generals map :3
Xfire-->chris37killer
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Probably just similar ways of representing the terrain? This way it looks much more beautiful than it really is (:
(/me actually wonders if "like C&C" is a compliment :roll: )
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

8c-MilkyWay

A 192x128 symmetric 4x4 teamplay map. Hope you enjoy it (:
Includes oils on islands and high mountains (aka "hover-only oil" and "VTOL-only" oil).
A few screenshots, to keep up with the Outskirts' tradition:

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

P.S. Well, it took quite some time to explain FlaME what exactly i want, especially because i didn't know it myself. This was especially about cliff tiles, so i wonder if the new terrain renderer will be as hard as the original in the sense of making cliffs (: P.P.S. No offense to FlaME, actually: it did its best to understand me, and i couldn't figure out how to improve it. FlaME is not only the greatest ME around, but it is also great! Every map of mine actually ought to include some thanks to Flail13. :3
Attachments
v1.0
v1.0
MilkyWay.png (54.57 KiB) Viewed 10918 times
8c-MilkyWay.wz
v1.0
(67.34 KiB) Downloaded 729 times
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Yeah, and i hosted this map, and the first guy who joined just instantly said "hi sorry bad map bb" and left ...
Epic fail :augh: :stressed: :annoyed:
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

It must have been moron :)

Map looks great :) but i honestly admit I didnt play it yet.. but it is first on my list :) by the way, nice pictures, how to make such ?? I mean on forum ??

When I enter ones hosting room, and I see someone is hosting my map :) I.. I.. sometimes make fun and ask "who made this crap map" heheheheh :)

or..

When we start the game, or even in hosting room I ask "where is oil on this map ??" heheheheheheheheheh :)

All who knows me react "lol, looooool, Mero is that you??" :) I have even defenders saying "No this map is great!" I am very happy then :)

Don not worry my friend by this critic, the guy should told you what was his jugements based on :)

Ok time to make a new map :) It will have funny name because it will be funny map :P
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

hao wrote:Yeah, and i hosted this map, and the first guy who joined just instantly said "hi sorry bad map bb" and left ...
Epic fail :augh: :stressed: :annoyed:
Ah, just ignore those noobs that suck at low-med power strategy oriented maps & only play the "much loved" NTW/Squared maps, there's no solution for them XD

I still got noobs in my MiniSquared map that thought it was a highpower map then quitted, or they builded a bunch of base structures without even getting one combat unit then gets pwned by MG Viper Wheels (noobstomp) early game, then quits the game.

And your map is looking good, as always in 4v4 maps, teamwork is the key for success, i'll try to find a chance to play your map when i get back from the work.

Regards BP
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Another epic fail by me. XD :lol2:

Right after they've approved this map, i've found a few broken triangles on it. Looks like i've made this map with FlaME >=1.8, so i don't know how could i miss them O_o Updated it to 1.02 bugfix release, but it has to be reapproved, so it's better to get it from the forum than from addons. UPD: Everything's resolved already. Map in addons is actual. Thanks all! (:

P.S. effigy ... how could you give 5.0 to a map with broken triangles?? XD
I'm unworthy!!!111oneone :augh: :roll: This was supposed to be just a little amusement!
Ohh ... nvm, whatever 8)

or..

When we start the game, or even in hosting room I ask "where is oil on this map ??" heheheheheheheheheh :)
Ha-ha-ha, good point, i'm getting in the mood for trolling a little too (:
Black Project wrote:And your map is looking good, as always in 4v4 maps, teamwork is the key for success, i'll try to find a chance to play your map when i get back from the work.
Well, honestly ... I think we're having a little problem. The problem is it sounds really hard to gather 8 good low-power players at once. I sometimes even feel as if the community is not ready (???) for this kind of maps yet. :hmm: (i.e., even to say if it is good or bad).
Last edited by NoQ on 15 Oct 2010, 18:33, edited 2 times in total.
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

hao wrote:Well, honestly ... I think we're having a little problem. The problem is it sounds really hard to gather 8 good low-power players at once. I sometimes even feel as if the community is not ready (???) for this kind of maps yet. :hmm: (i.e., even to say if it is good or bad).
I have to agree with you about that (community not ready to play strategy-oriented maps), there are too many people (even our clan, sad :() playing NTW maps or Squared high-power maps & don't want to play these kind of maps (like yours)

I'll add my two cents here: i'll get rid of NTW/Squared maps for a while and start playing real low-med oil maps, apart from the difficulty of find players that want to play these kind of maps (like yours).

Regards BP