Merowingg's Maps

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: Merowingg's Maps

Post by NoQ »

Trying to beat the Clutch, Mero? (:
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

No :)

It was entirely my idea :)

I have forgotten that this map even exists, I have played on it once.. :)

But you are right, there is some sort of similarity.. very very little but ok :)

I am trying to be original with my maps as far as possible..

I dont even look much at other maps, not to subconciously copy them.. later on in my work.

What do you think about my latest creation Hao ??

And gentlemen I need your points, opinions and critict too :)

Bye :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

What do you think about my latest creation Hao ??
Uhh, i didn't have a chance to test it yet, or even to look at it closely :( :( :(

Well, if it's bottleneck is a little wider than that of Clutch, and if it has a place for hover war (not too much though), it must be an excellent well-designed map that will actually be played (!!) Well, i'll be glad to play on it.

I don't like Clutch because it's gates are too narrow, thus favoring turtling. But that is also an impression i got after only a few games, so it's not authoritative (:
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Thank you Hao for your opinion :) even if based only on the picture :) Try it when ready, it should be fun :) I mean for you too :) I know it is hard to suit the man with good taste :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

The Hedgehog Map

Post by Merowingg »

Hello Gentlemen :)

The map is called Hedgehog because it has almost 2500 sharp mountains on it, or shall I say very sharp mountains, looking almost like needles which are small and impassable :)

I want to warn you that this map can make you very angry.. especially when looking for few hiding enemys units..

It is a perfect hide and sneak map :) what is more its simple layout leads to completely new tactical approach :)

Becuse isnt it simplicity that is beautiful ?? ;)

So many mountains makes it hard to turtle, and turtling takes longer.. and even when a line of defences is made, in so dense forest of mountains ;) it is not so powerful as normally on open field..

The bases have also limited space but i think enough to built a proper base :) nothing is to be easy :)

The map is 202 x 202, 8 players, 6 oils in base, another 6 around the map per player. Advanced bases included :)

Those dots you can see on the preview are those sharp hills :) plenty isnt it ?? :)

The map gives somehow strange fun :) especially when hiding with last truck ;) or finally finding the enemy :) or even building next to him :)

What surprised even me as a creator is the complicated beuty of its tactic possibilities put into simple form :)

I am waiting for posts and opinions :)

wz2100-20101014_153311-main.png
Attachments
8c-Mero_Hedgehog.wz
Map with so many sharp mountains that it looks like Hedgehogs needles :)
(16.22 KiB) Downloaded 564 times

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Flaaaameeeeers!!!111oneoneone
:hmm:
new paradigm leader
Trained
Trained

Post by new paradigm leader »

intriguing... I'm guessing its a V/TOL Friendly map then?
Return to your designated zone or be destroyed. You are in contravention of the new paradigm.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Yeah, bombs too. But they are also best when they're flamers (:
I feel as if Mero has just made his favorite map (:
new paradigm leader
Trained
Trained

incendiary bombs? Bomb + flamer = Win?
Return to your designated zone or be destroyed. You are in contravention of the new paradigm.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

First of all, why flamers ?? :) seriously i dont get it.. does it reffers to me using flamers almost all the time ??

Secondly :) why this is supposed to be my favourite ?? :) all my maps are my favourite :) diplomatic sentence :P

And yes new paradigm leader, it is also vtols friendly :) although you must built your base wisely :) not to end without any free space :)

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

First of all, why flamers ??
Because weapons' range doesn't matter a lot on this map. But power does (:
Looks like this map favors flamers. ;)
new paradigm leader
Trained
Trained

beautiful, if i might suggest a nickname for the map "sonic" after that famous videogame hedgehog of the 90's? :geek:
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Thank you :) Well i will leave it as Hedgehog :) but good idea yes :)

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Squared V6

Post by Merowingg »

Hello Gentlemen :)

I know we are overcrowded by squared.. but I wanted to embody my idea which I had for a very long time :)

I always wondered what if cliffs on Squared were accessible :) I mean from ground level :)

Well i gave you such possibility :) All players can enter the cliffs from the centre, and only from the centre :)

Look at the map preview and you will understand :)

You still have to fight for the centre :) but.. such display of ground gives Squared a completely new dimension :)

Be scared ;) because enemy can now attack your base from the cliffs :) and build there too :)

It gives a lot of more tactical possibilities :) and ruins old ones :)

In this version each player has 24 oil in base and only in base, map is 200 x 200

In another vesion I will place more oil in bases, and what is more on the cliffs :)

I just want suggestions where wuld be perfect spots for oil on the cliffs :) which will give even more other tactic behaviour :)

Have fun gentlemen :)

I want to know what you think about this map :) old ones :) and this oil variation on Squared cliffs accesible :)

Enjoy :)

wz2100-20101015_222612-main.png
Attachments
8c-Mero_SquaredV6.wz
Squared with cliffs accessible from the centre :)
(35.22 KiB) Downloaded 453 times

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Squared V7

Post by Merowingg »

Hello :)

I have high power roots so I have made high power version of Squared V6 as a result Squared V7 has 30 oil in base :)

As there was no response and suggestion when to place the oil on the cliffs, I will have to figure it out myself :)

Another version will be with oil on the cliffs :) and yet another with side passeges to the other bases :)

I want to say I am really happy becuse many players used the cliffs wisely :) Really interesting games happen on it :) I really reccomend both V6 and V7 :)

Have fun :)

Comments needed :)

wz2100-20101015_222612-main.png
Attachments
8c-Mero_SquaredV7.wz
Squared with 30 oil in base and clifs accessible from the centre :)
(35.42 KiB) Downloaded 426 times

Regards - Mero