I hate ripples

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
ortmaster
Greenhorn

I hate ripples

Post by ortmaster »

i hope and pray that the powers that be, THE PROJECT, ie buginator and zarel and the others who run this thing one day decide to add an anti ripple or structure limit to ripple building. It seems that everyone likes ntw as do I, but I hate when inevitably it turns into a who can build more/better/radar/ripples than the other team. Someone always has the bright idea " we have to research ripples first so we can win" It ruins it. In the past i cherished the mighty ripple and bowed to its alter, but now I hate, despise and renounce all ripples, ripple warfare, rippelry, ripple tactics, ripplerific, ripple nipple, and all things related to, or pertaining to that horrible game fun destroying, slow static ww1 era style of warfare. What comes next??, the trench, the maginot line, the mark 1v tank??? Vtol is awesome but somehow has been shuned and received a second class citizen status with complete segragation clauses, I say we do the same for ripples?? Freee the best game ever from the grasp of oppression that is ripplery, and prove that shilvery is not dead!!!

is anybody with me on this or should i just shut up?
kracker
Trained
Trained

Re: I hate ripples

Post by kracker »

:ninja: :hmm: :roll: :o

Use vtols. Use ground shakers or hellstorms. Use heavy tracked tanks.
Error: Keyboard not found. Press any key to continue.
~Co-Founder of the clan BDC.
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

Huh? Why you are complaining about the Ripple Rocket? It's your first basic long-range artillery weapon & a good counter-battery weapon.
ortmaster wrote:i hope and pray that the powers that be, THE PROJECT, ie buginator and zarel and the others who run this thing one day decide to add an anti ripple or structure limit to ripple building.
Not necessary. Actually, Ground Shakers trash lines of Ripple Rocket Batteries if used properly in NTW maps.
It seems that everyone likes ntw as do I, but I hate when inevitably it turns into a who can build more/better/radar/ripples than the other team.
Artillery wars are almost unavoidable in NTW-style/Squared maps, especially when the host does the bad habit of disabling VTOLs :annoyed:

But if you & your allies teamwork correctly and your enemies are a band of noobs, you can rush them early and also end up the round in less than 20 minutes.
Vtol is awesome but somehow has been shuned and received a second class citizen status with complete segragation clauses,
Most noobs who loves NTW maps tends to disable VTOLs, i ALWAYS avoid these games.
I say we do the same for ripples??
I disagree with this. It's a good weapon to counter early T1 mortar pits.

BP :ninja:
Darkblade
Greenhorn

Post by Darkblade »

Well, this comes from the fact that you have almost no limit on energy. The balancing factor of a ripple is normally that it's weak structure for loadsa energy.

I mean, Miniguns are king (a group of 100 med cannons cannot beat 100 heavy mg's) in these kind of maps, Massed VTOLs cant be really beat and anything that has a reload time of longer then lets say, a assault cannon isn't going to shoot two times before dying.

Basically, the kinds of maps breaks the balance of the game just by removing the factor of taking decisions like, "should i build one ripple rocket battery or 3 tanks for my energy?" because in these maps you'll have enough energy to make 10 ripplerockets, 5 tanks and 5 vtols at the same time, and still get enough oil to make the worlds biggest bonfire. The ripples are a problem because these kinds of maps basically breaks the game.

another thing is that ripplerockets trends to do mayor overkill (i mean, one time, my rocket died and the rockets kept on impacting for 10 seconds.) One thing to do is to split your attack in 2-8 groups, and space them out. likely, you wont lose alot on ripples because of the long reload time.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

When you play high-power maps, you already are
destroying slow static ww1 era style of warfare
macuser
Regular
Regular

Post by macuser »

Yeah I can kinda relate to you.... You love em when you have em and hate it when your enemy has em. And there is now much you can do about it on no VTOL
ArtRev Website

ImageImage

System: AMD Phenom II x4, 4GB RAM, 640GB HD, Nvidia GeForce GT 240 1GB, Mac OS X 10.6
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

ww1 era style
I want horse propulsion!!!
RBL-WARDOG
Trained
Trained

Post by RBL-WARDOG »

ortmaster wrote:i hope and pray that the powers that be, THE PROJECT, ie buginator and zarel and the others who run this thing one day decide to add an anti ripple or structure limit to ripple building. It seems that everyone likes ntw as do I, but I hate when inevitably it turns into a who can build more/better/radar/ripples than the other team. Someone always has the bright idea " we have to research ripples first so we can win" It ruins it. In the past i cherished the mighty ripple and bowed to its alter, but now I hate, despise and renounce all ripples, ripple warfare, rippelry, ripple tactics, ripplerific, ripple nipple, and all things related to, or pertaining to that horrible game fun destroying, slow static ww1 era style of warfare. What comes next??, the trench, the maginot line, the mark 1v tank??? Vtol is awesome but somehow has been shuned and received a second class citizen status with complete segragation clauses, I say we do the same for ripples?? Freee the best game ever from the grasp of oppression that is ripplery, and prove that shilvery is not dead!!!

is anybody with me on this or should i just shut up?

i have heard it time and time again( he who gets ripple first wins) that is the farest from the truth. what that says is that you don't know the arrty game near as good as you think you do. I will not tell you how it is done so don't ask, but there is a way in the game that allows you to turn your arrty off so that it doesn't fire. that will let you build up your arrty force so that when you turn it back on you will be able to be in the arrty fight. this is not a glitch, it is a part of the game that no one hardly ever use but it is there.....
FREEDOM for the PEOPLE by the PEOPLE
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

Indeed, RBL-WARDOG is correct. It is a shame that it isn't used very much. I just wish it could be used to only stop some artillery and not all. I.E. keep your mortars going for defence but stop the howitzers/ripples.
"...If pure awesomeness were bricks, this would be the Great Wall of China...
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

It's been my experience that anyone with unlimited power in NTW or similar maps is either cheating or not producing/building/researching enough.
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
Darkblade
Greenhorn

Post by Darkblade »

I love how everyone seems to have a socalled anti-ripple strategy, but nobody seems to share it. >_> please help the less skilled?
Dalton
Trained
Trained

Post by Dalton »

Darkblade wrote:I love how everyone seems to have a socalled anti-ripple strategy, but nobody seems to share it. >_> please help the less skilled?
  • apply pressure with ground units if you see the other team building ripple (before they have too many)
  • go for fast VTOL with Heap Bomb Bay and even Cluster Bomb Bay while waiting for Heap (following up with plasmite)
  • build ripples of your own, it is good to leave a tile between them so splash is less effective (build CB towers/demo wisely)
  • send suicide borgs to draw fire away from your own ripple or main army (micro your tanks if you are using hover propulsion)
GL :lecture:
ortmaster
Greenhorn

Post by ortmaster »

thanks for the mod, does everyone in the game need it to play or just the host??
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Everyone, i guess. Same as any other mod. Did not test it though (: