Alpha 3 Campaign - mod

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
DylanDog
Code contributor
Code contributor

Alpha 3 Campaign - mod

Post by DylanDog »

DOWNLOAD A3C mod

The scope of this mod is to completely remake the ALPHA campaign, changing not only the script side of the code but the maps too.

The initial test version you can download is related for the first 5 missions only. The first two missions are the same ones as for A2C-HM therefore they are still played on the standard map but with increased difficulty.

Missions 3,4 and 5 are away missions played on new maps designed by hao (Thanks a lot for the support & inspirations until now!!). I have added for download also some saved game such that you can start directly playing on the new away missions (missions 4-5-6).

I am completely re-writing the campaign script to allow modders/mappers to create a new version of the Alpha Campaign on their own in an easy way: creating the maps and modifying few parameters on the missions.vlo files only.

As I mentioned already this is just a test version to show you the new features of the new missions.

I am now asking the warzone modders/mappers community to contribute and to help me to finish the whole campaign which could then be used as template to create furthers new campaigns.

When the first campaign will be finished I will put a guide together to show what needs to be done to create a new campaign.

I am searching for following support:
  • Artist(s) to create maps for away missions and to create the main map.
  • Artist(s) to create new droid templates required to introduce few new features:
    • o A new cyborg template to be used for the ally droid which recovers artifacts.
    • o A new template for a new type of unit to be used as “Oil Transporter” between friendly bases. This feature is actually not implemented yet. The transporters will be used to establish “trade routes” between friendly bases to increase the oil production (something like the trade routes in Age of Empires).
  • Anyone to propose ideas for new features to be introduced.
Have a look at this page to know more about the maps required to completed the ALPHA 3 CAMPAIGN mod.

As for A2C-HM mod I am really sorry but this mod has an annoying issue: THE FIRST TIME you launch warzone before you can load a saved game with A3C you have to start a new campaign first.
I do not know why this happens, I have the impression that starting a new campaign let warzone load all necessary files, if you try to load a saved game without starting a new campaign this will not work. Once the first saved game is loaded you can save and load games normally but if you close warzone remember to start a new campaign first and then you can load the saved game.
Last edited by DylanDog on 23 Sep 2010, 15:54, edited 2 times in total.
My Warzone 2100 mods:
Download DyDo-AI for Warzone skirmish/multiplayer games.
Download A2C-HM (Alpha 2 Campaign - Hard Mode).
Download A3C-HM (Alpha 3 Campaign - Hard Mode).
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Re: Alpha 3 Campaign - mod

Post by Per »

Intriguing. What are the goals for this rewrite, ie what is being improved?
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

I'm having a problem. Every time i load a game saved with this mod, it says in stderr:
popup |12:10:29: [rebuildSearchPath] The required mod could not be loaded: alpha3camp

Warzone will try to load the game without it.
And the game goes on without the mod. So i can't save games :(
The mod is installed to the campaign folder. I've attached a savegame i can't load.

And i also have no idea what to do with the savegame3-5.wz. Where should i put it?

P.S.
Per wrote:What are the goals for this rewrite, ie what is being improved?
DylanDog wrote:the whole campaign which could then be used as template to create furthers new campaigns
This one, i guess (:
Attachments
cam1.tar.gz
(154.02 KiB) Downloaded 501 times
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

Warzone has issues loading saved campaign games with mods via-command line in campaign folder & using the autoload folder.

Try using the global folder (via-command line), i think it still works.

I gonna post a ticket about these issues in the bug tracker ASAP when i finish my job.

Regards BP
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

I can propably make some models for units if you want. Will they be using the current texpage?
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Try using the global folder (via-command line), i think it still works.
Just tried it.
It said the mod doesn't exist on game start, but the menu logo appeared to be fine, so i guess it was loaded after all. But the savegame problem remains just the same.
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

You first start a new campaign, then load the savegame.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Nope, still not working :(
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

A quick model, using the newest droid-weapons texpage. 66 tris :wink:
Attachments
Truck for size comparison, front view and rear view.
Truck for size comparison, front view and rear view.
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
DylanDog
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by DylanDog »

Per wrote:Intriguing. What are the goals for this rewrite, ie what is being improved?
The goal, as I already stated, is to make the campaign scripts much more easy to be modified to create new campaigns.
  • The standard script sometimes uses 2 slo/vlo files to manage an away campaign, one file for the AI and one file to check victory conditions and other stuffs, I have reduced it to 1.
  • I am creating standard slo and vlo files which should be fine to be used in all missions, all the modders have to do is to create the map and then to modify the parameters in the VLO file only and the mission is created. On the version 0.1 the file cam1-3.slo and cam1-3.vlo are the ones which should be taken as reference, as the missions will be progressing and new features will be implemented such files will "evolve" to include the new features too. When the campaign will be completed we should have, on the last mission, all possible features you can activate and deactivate by simply working on the vlo file. At this stage I cannot confirm this will be achieved 100% but I am pretty confident this is possible...I hope with my bad English I was able to explain a bit. If not let me know and I will make some example.
Last edited by DylanDog on 23 Sep 2010, 15:52, edited 1 time in total.
My Warzone 2100 mods:
DylanDog
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by DylanDog »

hao wrote:I'm having a problem. Every time i load a game saved with this mod, it says in stderr:
popup |12:10:29: [rebuildSearchPath] The required mod could not be loaded: alpha3camp
I also have this issue but I simply click on Ok and the mod is loaded. Are you really sure the mod is not loaded?
hao wrote: And i also have no idea what to do with the savegame3-5.wz. Where should i put it?
You have to find out where warzone saves the games (it depends on the way you launch it), open a skirmish game and save it, then search on the PC/USB where the savegame folder is and put my saved games there.

Then:
  • START A NEW CAMPAIGN FIRST !!!
  • When the screen for the first mission appears press "esc" and load any of the saved games
  • If you get then the above error message just ignore it.
Last edited by DylanDog on 23 Sep 2010, 15:53, edited 1 time in total.
My Warzone 2100 mods:
DylanDog
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by DylanDog »

KukY wrote:You first start a new campaign, then load the savegame.
exactly
My Warzone 2100 mods:
DylanDog
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by DylanDog »

Jorzi wrote:A quick model, using the newest droid-weapons texpage. 66 tris :wink:
I think the one in the middle is good enough for now.
My Warzone 2100 mods:
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

I've put savegame3-5.wz to ~/.warzone2100-2.3/savegame/ but no new saves appeared on the save game list. And it isn't even a valid zip archive :|
DylanDog
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by DylanDog »

hao wrote:I've put savegame3-5.wz to ~/.warzone2100-2.3/savegame/ but no new saves appeared on the save game list. And it isn't even a valid zip archive :|
ok, sorry, I had to explain it better: rename the file from wz to zip the extract the saved games in the folder. The reason why I have compressed them in a wz and not zip file is just because wordpress , for security reasons, does not allow me to upload on the server zip compressed files.
My Warzone 2100 mods: