maps by NoQ

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: maps by hao

Post by NoQ »

I've just made a challenge based on my 4c-Tranquil map.
Hey everybody ... Making challenges is very easy! Looks like you can just bundle them with every map you make, and users don't need any extra work to install and play them!
n2large0shirt
Trained
Trained

Post by n2large0shirt »

I just played a short game on "8c-MiniNTW.wz" its a nice cramped little thing! I like it a lot, especially how you put in base wall extension lines, and a center line. My only suggestion would be to move the pre-built base buildings over one one space, other wise there is not enough room to build 3 2x2 buildings side by side, minor really.

If I remember correctly I have liked most of your maps, I'm pretty sure I played many of them well I was still a forum lurker... if I get some time I will have to go back and make some comments after I refresh my memory by playing a few.
~Elderly before my time.~
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

My only suggestion would be to move the pre-built base buildings over one one space, other wise there is not enough room to build 3 2x2 buildings side by side, minor really.
I think you're right. Just updated the map.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

By the way, hao, you're totally my favorite mapper right here. :D
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

Zarel wrote:By the way, hao, you're totally my favorite mapper right here. :D
Same, his maps are to a high quality standard and are very unique. Each one is well textured and has interesting geography. Image
"...If pure awesomeness were bricks, this would be the Great Wall of China...
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

maps by hao

Post by Merowingg »

I can only agree with my two predecessors :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Ouch. :oops:

:idea: Thanks, i guess :roll:
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

long long ago; //in a galaxy far away ...

This map is called

2c-Temple

"Back in 2065, Greece had fully recovered from the economical crisis and became one of the most flourishing countries in the world; the Greek have decided to build the biggest and the most beautiful temple the humanity has ever seen. Despite the recent breakthroughs in engineering, that allowed to assemble a vehicle factory in just several minutes, it took 14 years to accomplish this great monument; apart from architecture, it was filled with top-class technologies, like 12 big and 20 smaller artificial marble columns (which turned out to be extremely strong), air traffic control centers for controlling automated VTOLs during different celebrations, underground snow-generating pipes, and even several experimental anti-gravity fountains.

The Temple has been pretty much fulfilling its primary purpose ... for as long as NASDA system did. After the collapse, this region was hit hard by the nuclear winter, but most of the temple's underground systems remained operational, so it's of extreme importance to gain control of this site to recover the technologies that made all these things possible. "

Curiously enough, the Temple's sacred grounds contain quite a few oil resources (which probably was a part of the plan), so even though your main fight will be for that highground between your bases, you should ensure control of the Temple too (unless the game ends in a rush).

v1.02 update fixes a few broken bunkers on the yellow base.
v1.02
v1.02
temple.png (17.96 KiB) Viewed 11276 times
Attachments
2c-Temple-1-02.wz
(28.26 KiB) Downloaded 599 times
Last edited by NoQ on 26 Oct 2010, 09:16, edited 3 times in total.
DylanDog
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by DylanDog »

Zarel wrote:By the way, hao, you're totally my favorite mapper right here. :D
I totally agree!
My Warzone 2100 mods:
Download DyDo-AI for Warzone skirmish/multiplayer games.
Download A2C-HM (Alpha 2 Campaign - Hard Mode).
Download A3C-HM (Alpha 3 Campaign - Hard Mode).
n2large0shirt
Trained
Trained

Post by n2large0shirt »

I finally got a chance to sit and play a game on artifact. Great map! I always have a soft spot for complex symmetric maps, but this one is really really good. The bases are easy to defend, but still allows for good movement on the assault (I hate bottle necks) and the placement of oil is good too.

Great job!
~Elderly before my time.~
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

maps by hao

Post by Merowingg »

Hi Hao :)

The Temple.. well well well excelent job :)

I am far behind you but wait till I have my PC in full power again ;)

I see you advice the people to visit the temple.. well.. that is sad truth that many people will just go and attack nearby base without sightseeing the map.. I might be of course wrong.. but I have noticed on Scav City that people didnt go to see the city.. and take its oil but just attacked.. only when I have made Scav City 2 with wall were they forced to go through it :)

excellent craftsmenship here, you evolve in ultrasonic speed..

Bye :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

I see you advice the people to visit the temple.. well.. that is sad truth that many people will just go and attack nearby base without sightseeing the map..
Well, yeah, i know what you mean ... (:

On the other hand, if your enemy feels lazy, sending just one truck to the temple can make a good boost to your economy. So, i suppose, a battle for the temple (at least in the form of truck rush) is pretty much as inevitable as a battle for the middle square in a 4x4 "squared" game.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

I know you know what I mean :)

Well each player will behave individually and sometimes even unpredictably ;)

P.S.

I like your descriptions of the maps more and more :)

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

I like your descriptions of the maps more and more
They're not descriptions, they're rather disclaimers :D
I just had to somehow explain what these strange circles on Artifact mean, or what are these water hills near the Temple XD XD XD
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Ok disclaimers ;)

And you dont have to explain anything ;)

Anyway good idea with those :)

Regards - Mero