Thanks

Website issues & feedback. Constructive criticism is welcome.
(Guest posting is allowed under certain circumstances)
If you have a problem with certain individuals, then PM the Staff account.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Re: Thanks

Post by Buginator »

alex wrote:I don’t remember if we ever used those words, but it was definitely something we were aware of. We played a lot of quake (and later unreal tournament) in the office and one of the things that really struck us about it was the vibrant community. Maps, mods and genuine improvements were everywhere. When working on warzone as engineers we made decisions to leave openings so that people could make changes where they saw fit. Examples including using a scripting language (the slo,vlo’s) that wasn’t compiled into the game so users could edit them, or choosing zip as our packing format instead of something proprietary. I still think it’s a positive thing to do on pc titles, am I’m busy still doing it today!
Looks like I missed your initial post. :(

Anyway, for the scripting language, do you recall what you used to debug those things? It is pretty difficult to debug scripts, and there are not that many lex/yacc people around to help improve the parsers.

For the text in bold in your quote, I could of swore that this project converted .wdg (the proprietary format that pumpkin used) to zip files. Or did I get the facts wrong?
This ended up benefiting us too. While we always intended to do multiplayer, skirmish started as a bit of a hobby for me. It grew into something fun because the flexibility of the scripting language really opened up the possibilities (thanks to John Elliot)

By demonstrating our commitment to the users through the various rapid patches after release we were trying to build a community of people who would be able to keep making changes to the product. There was an intention to make warzone2120, so it was the feedback from you guys that would have really driven that title.
Was there any thought of going to a client / server model over the current p2p style it has now? Right now, the biggest problem with the net code is that certain updates must be turned off via the turnOffMultiMsg() function, and the (lack of) good sync code to handle all the (possible) loss of information that comes with that. We also got a few cheaters, and it would seem that only a client / server model would limit most cheaters... :stare:

I still think the release of the source code / data files was the best thing to ever happen to Warzone, and if you ever see your friends from Pumpkin again, please tell them a big THANKS! from all of us. :)
and it ends here.
Bobo

Post by Bobo »

Thank you for bringing back the game to life! :)
LZ-for_start

Post by LZ-for_start »

Thanks to developers, for creating WZ2100, that I loved to play, more than any other game. :zZz: :!!!:
Assault Gunner
Trained
Trained

Post by Assault Gunner »

Thank you for upgrading a game I love.
"There is no greater Void than the one between your ears." - Void Ray, StarCraft 2.
Especially the Void between the ears of people who think that No VTOL is a good idea, and won't lead to arty wars. I've won one, and I have to say: I hated it.
kainalu
Rookie
Rookie

Post by kainalu »

Thanks for a great game. I was genuinely shocked when I found and installed this game. I never thought I would find an RTS that could unseat the CNC series as my favorite strategy game. Cant wait to see the improvements that Ver. 3 brings. Keep up the good work!
Korusray
Trained
Trained

Post by Korusray »

o.o; WOW i been here fer bout errrr a year or so >< tested a few bugs out (zarel knows...) and STILL did not realize the Fan base that this game has (holy hellstorms) but i shall say THANK YOU DEV'S

p.s. im still debating wether or not to make "OFFICIAL WZ2100 PROJECT BUGTESTER" shirts LMAO =^_^=(<<<< KITTY)........o.o;

ya um ttyl

KRW
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

Korusray wrote:p.s. im still debating wether or not to make "OFFICIAL WZ2100 PROJECT BUGTESTER" shirts LMAO =^_^=(<<<< KITTY)........o.o;
I made myself one with WZ logo, but old one, so it looks ugly.
Korusray
Trained
Trained

Post by Korusray »

sweeet, was tinkin bout makin the logo a lil diff....dont ask how..havent thought bout it in awhile >.>
CallmeSeb

Post by CallmeSeb »

: Stunned Face :

Love the fact that you guys did continue wz2100

Kickass game back when it got released and hope to have as much fun with it nowdays as back then.

Seb.
ClockWork
Trained
Trained

Post by ClockWork »

I verbally excuse myself, I should have came ‘ere (with some spiced rum) when I fist signed up. Thanks to all of you who have made this a great game. Thanks to all who continue to program, make art, maps, mods, testers, and suggestions to better this wonderful project.
And yet…I tried my hand at looking to code this a little, just to make some mods and such. My brain blew up like a nexus base. I don’t know how you guys and gals does it, but keep it up!

Post by Guest »

Have been a fan of strategy games for ages.. played C&C a lot and Starcraft, but i'd never heard of Warzone 2100 before today.. downloaded it for free and powered it up on my imac thinking I was in for some slow paced and retro graphic gaming. Wrong! Fantastic game!

Post by Guest »

This is amazing for a free game and I appreciate the Mac version. Thanks everyone who contributed!
mikeramone
New user

Post by mikeramone »

hello to everyone and thank you for this awesome game! been looking for it for years!
Gavin
Greenhorn

Post by Gavin »

I am having a little trouble hosting games on Warzone 2.3.5(rc3),(rc2),(rc3)and 2.3.4 an error message appears in the chat window of the games hosting screen telling me that i can not connect to the lobby server it would be great if you could give me some feedback on this issue as i have encountered others with this similar problem
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

I would like to thank all people who are responsible for running Warzone 2100 and making it working

I want to thank them for all hard work and commitment and their determination

I know it is multiple work of many people and it is amazing how nice and willingly they create and improve everything step by step

Thank you all for what you do

Bye Gentlemen
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero