tank transport.

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

tank transport.

Post by lav_coyote25 »

has anyone done up a tank transport mod? :annoyed: it seems i am amongst a very few that wish this to be back in skirmish/mutiplayer. :3 :)
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Re: tank transport.

Post by Rman Virgil »

lav_coyote25 wrote:has anyone done up a tank transport mod? :annoyed: it seems i am amongst a very few that wish this to be back in skirmish/mutiplayer. :3 :)
Can't be done as a Mod till a change is made in the binary last I looked.

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

lav_coyote25 wrote:has anyone done up a tank transport mod? :annoyed: it seems i am amongst a very few that wish this to be back in skirmish/mutiplayer. :3 :)
Hey, i'm that black list too XD

If nobody else complains that will break game balancing (which is not the reason :stare:), i will be happy.

BP :ninja:
WarTux
Trained
Trained

Post by WarTux »

Same here! :P

I made an official "proposal" over here (solution #4), but it seems to have gotten quite a lot of negative reception. :stare:
Warzone nicknames: WarTux[BDC], ChuckNorris-BDC, DeathStar, etc.
Part of the Black Dragon Clan; apply today, we welcome most! :3
On the Warzone IRC channel you can find me hanging out with the BDC dudes or messing with the bot.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

WarTux wrote:Same here! :P

I made an official "proposal" over here (solution #4), but it seems to have gotten quite a lot of negative reception. :stare:
Same here. I would love to work with them within the LZ scheme proposal which is basically modeled on how they work in the original campaign..

As a Mod you have a choice to play with it or not so the naysayers voices, I would say, are moot & I would hardly jump to the conclusion that they represent a majority consensus; and even if they did represent such, it would still be moot under the conditions of a Mod which amounts to the credo "live & let live" & viva la differance !

Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

The proposal as written didn't mention "mod support" anywhere.

I think it would've gotten more approval if it had been clear it was about mod support, and not adding it to default game.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Zarel wrote:The proposal as written didn't mention "mod support" anywhere.

I think it would've gotten more approval if it had been clear it was about mod support, and not adding it to default game.
Partly explains it, though you would think the naysayers capable of making that basic stipulation - assuming a capacity for a common perspective. But then again such assumption is risk best averted in the cyber shallows.

I daresay it is interesting how much seems to devolve into popularity contests over hypotheticals sans hard evidence with vacuous rewards for incentive.
Last edited by Rman Virgil on 16 Aug 2010, 07:02, edited 1 time in total.

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

ok, how does one reset the count??? does one have to delete the original? or is there a reset tag i am missing? :)
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

Zarel wrote:The proposal as written didn't mention "mod support" anywhere.

so, for two words, it gets a negative? :annoyed:
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Rman Virgil wrote:Partly explains it, though you would think the naysayers capable of making that basic stipulation - assuming a capacity for a common perspective. But then again such assumption is risk best averted in the cyber shallows.

I daresay it is interesting how much seems to devolve into popularity contests over hypotheticals sans hard evidence with vacuous rewards for incentive.
Many spurious criticisms of usability (and, analogously, writing clearly) can be summarized like that - "Why should I do it? Smart people will be able to figure out what it means, and no one else matters."

There are a huge number of things wrong with this position:

1. Disregarding people who don't conform to your arbitrary standard of intelligence is straight-up indisputable elitism.

2. It's not necessarily about people who don't understand you. It's also about how long that takes. By refusing to spend several minutes clarifying your writing, you are valuing those several minutes higher than the many man-hours of people who try to understand your writing

And this is all presuming it's even a valid conclusion that the suggestion was about mod support and not about direct implementation, which wasn't even clear to me.
lav_coyote25 wrote:ok, how does one reset the count??? does one have to delete the original? or is there a reset tag i am missing? :)
I'd suggest just creating a new idea. Implementing something into the game and implementing mod support for it are two different suggestions, anyway.
lav_coyote25 wrote:so, for two words, it gets a negative? :annoyed:
Considering those two words change the meaning of the suggestion entirely, yes. It's like comparing "Shoot Barack Obama" to "Shoot a picture of Barack Obama". Some words are pretty important.
WarTux
Trained
Trained

Post by WarTux »

Now why would someone vote against making the tank transport modable!? WHY!? :augh:
Warzone nicknames: WarTux[BDC], ChuckNorris-BDC, DeathStar, etc.
Part of the Black Dragon Clan; apply today, we welcome most! :3
On the Warzone IRC channel you can find me hanging out with the BDC dudes or messing with the bot.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

because they do not know how to use it. or , they are chicken.... :lol2: dunno. if they say it affects balance, i would like them to show how, by using it in a game, and recording it. if it is available, the mod could have it down to 2 only for each player, that way it wont give a hit to the Frame rate. also weaponized, it could use a slow loading lancer, or howitzer... also loadouts would be , 20 normal cyborg load, or, 10 super cyborgs, or , 10 light tanks,or, 8 medium tanks, or, 6 heavy tanks, or, 4 superheavy tanks .
zydonk
Trained
Trained

Post by zydonk »

Put the Transporter in, then we'll see how it affects gameplay. We do it for borgs, why not for tanks and things?
Wibble199
Trained
Trained

Post by Wibble199 »

If balance is the issue, why not make it like a Chinook, that can carry just two vehicles at a time plus a few troops (cyborgs) :hmm:
Attachments
Chinook transportation
Chinook transportation
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Balance is not anymore of a problem with "LZ Deploy Limits" than the placement of Base Platforms or Oil Resources in the map crafting phase.

Those that are voteing "No" on the Idea Torrent are voting out of pure ignorance.

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo