2.3.4 has been released!

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
MetalWarrior95
Trained
Trained

Re: 2.3.4 has been released!

Post by MetalWarrior95 »

You could just write in your notepad what files you edited and just release the patch and tell them to download early version and apply patch :P

Or you could first make a patch if you know what files was edited and then you could release version that is patched for people that are going for the first time play this game!
Il crush you!If i get crushed,il crush you twice stronger!!If you crush me again,then il blow up your PC!!
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

MetalWarrior95 wrote:You could just write in your notepad what files you edited and just release the patch and tell them to download early version and apply patch :P

Or you could first make a patch if you know what files was edited and then you could release version that is patched for people that are going for the first time play this game!
The problem is making a patch for the compiled program. Here's the patch of the files that were edited, but I don't think it's very useful.
Attachments
2.3.4-2.3.4.zip
(1.5 MiB) Downloaded 451 times
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

MetalWarrior95 wrote:You could just write in your notepad what files you edited and just release the patch and tell them to download early version and apply patch :P

No thanks, we have enough people that don't know how to screw in a light bulb, let alone try to apply a patch. :annoyed:

We just don't need more ways people can mess up installing warzone.
and it ends here.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

cybersphinx wrote:Here's the patch of the files that were edited, but I don't think it's very useful.
cybersphinx's attachment wrote: 2.3.4-2.3.4.zip
(1.5 MiB) Not downloaded yet
It's like you're psychic! :P
guciomir
Trained
Trained

Post by guciomir »

I guess had you already discussed creating exe files which once run they replace the number of files. Ufo Extraterrerstrials has or rather "had" quite a big modding community and the new mod versions were being added on a daily basis. You just had to download the big release (like 2.3) and for the changes like 2.3 -> 2.3.4 you just had to download exe which replaced just a few files.

On the other hand, downloading 50mg is not a problem for me and I am not complaining in any way :) I am very happy that devs release new WZ2100 versions and i am happy to dowload everything.
MetalWarrior95
Trained
Trained

Post by MetalWarrior95 »

I need atleast 5 to 10 minutes to download 50mb or maybe sometimes longer, its all about how many people are downloading...
Patches are better,faster and you dont need to wait a 30 sec to deinstall and a 1min to install...

Patches are always better :D
Il crush you!If i get crushed,il crush you twice stronger!!If you crush me again,then il blow up your PC!!
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

Who'd have thought thirty years ago we'd all be sittin' here downloading 50 MB in ten minutes, eh?
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

geez, i can remember downloading at 300 baud. on a C=64 , then i upgraded to 1200, then 2400 , and then got a real computer and went with what ever was available then... cant remember... oh well 1 year older and i start to loose the ol memory :lol2:
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

MetalWarrior95 wrote:Patches are better,faster and you dont need to wait a 30 sec to deinstall and a 1min to install...
...erm, you don't need to uninstall either way. You shouldn't be uninstalling at all. Just run the new installer and it'll update the game.
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

MetalWarrior95 wrote:I need atleast 5 to 10 minutes to download 50mb or maybe sometimes longer, its all about how many people are downloading...
Patches are better,faster and you dont need to wait a 30 sec to deinstall and a 1min to install...
Your internet speed is too slow to donwload Warzone (a 50 MB file) in 5-10 minutes or even more. :lecture:

I can download Warzone 2100 in about 30 seconds and my connection speed is 10MB for 3 PCs using internet (2 from my parents and one for me)

I see no reason for your complainment, so be patient... :stare:

...but to really fix your problem is very simple: purchase a better broadband speed :wink: :lol2:
Oh Really? :3 :3 :3 The BF2 1.50 Patch is about 1,97 GB... but it's another game, and we're talking about Warzone :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

BP :ninja:
MetalWarrior95
Trained
Trained

Post by MetalWarrior95 »

My internet speed is not slow but some weird protocols has my operator...My internet speed download:500kbits per second max
Sending speed 50kbits per second max...I dunno why is slower sometimes,probavly overload or somethings...50% people in Croatia probavly have computers and about 40 to 45 uses internet...Everybody uses flat rate ofcourse but most of people are internet junkies :D

It was an insult to me to say that i got shity internet, blame the internet providers...T-mobile has the most awfull security of the internet with their devices,the security is good but god please help me,their damn protocols and their network bugs are killing me...Iam now at dads house,visiting my dad and i dont have problems connecting with any game...no NAT problem :D
MetalWarrior95
Trained
Trained

Post by MetalWarrior95 »

Black Project wrote:
MetalWarrior95 wrote:I need atleast 5 to 10 minutes to download 50mb or maybe sometimes longer, its all about how many people are downloading...
Your internet speed is too slow to donwload Warzone (a 50 MB file) in 5-10 minutes or even more. :lecture:

I can download Warzone 2100 in about 30 seconds and my connection speed is 10MB for 3 PCs using internet (2 from my parents and one for me)

I see no reason for your complainment, so be patient... :stare:

...but to really fix your problem is very simple: purchase a better broadband speed :wink: :lol2:
Oh Really? :3 :3 :3 The BF2 1.50 Patch is about 1,97 GB... but it's another game, and we're talking about Warzone :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

BP :ninja:
[deleted]
I got 500kbits per second download and 50kbits per second sending speed [deleted]
My internet costs about 60USD max,just the ************ network bugs that has T-mobile are anoying and damn cheap devices.
German stuff sometimes sucks...

While when i come to dads house i dont have here lags :)
Great internet provider same speed as t-mobile but i can join multiplayer games without any lag or of loosing connection because networking bugs,cheap device and bunch of users.

[deleted]
Last edited by lav_coyote25 on 16 Aug 2010, 06:49, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: abusive language will not be tolerated
Safety0ff
Trained
Trained

Post by Safety0ff »

MetalWarrior95 wrote:I hate you!!

Another downloading 50mb,make a damn patch!
Someone who is short on bandwidth might try the following (for a series of releases.)
Note: I haven't tested this, it is just an idea.
Assuming that you have an installed version from a earlier release.
Step 1:
Checkout the data directory from subversion (use the data from the desired tag).

Step 2:
When a new release comes out, use the svn switch command to change the svn url to the data directory of the latest tag.
(Rename or delete the data.wz and mp.wz files just in case.)

Step3:
Find someone who is willing to make a binary diff (e.g. bsdiff) have them upload it to a file host.

Step4:
Apply the binary diff to the executable, and play.

This should reduce the download size significantly.

P.S. You might want to start with Step 3, because with your attitude, it might be difficult to find someone willing to do this for you.

<offtopic> pfft, 5 - 10 minutes, I remember waiting 2 hours for a 32MB game demo to download on dial up when I was much younger.</offtopic>
MetalWarrior95
Trained
Trained

Post by MetalWarrior95 »

-offtopic-
What was the game?Half Life?
-offtopic-
DraLUSAD
Trained
Trained

Post by DraLUSAD »

Not sure if it has been said, but some times, the courser, may stick to a Move Icon with nothing selected or a X Icon, as well as, some windows... just last night, i tried to recicle multiple Droids, but for some reason, it wouldn't let me recicle, untill i opened up a new window in its place, then tried again, which then it worked!
Back and working on more maps than before.