Cheating lulz

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
3drts
Trained
Trained

Cheating lulz

Post by 3drts »

*sigh*
So we start a 4v4.... 2.3.4
t-1 advanced bases setting

I notice one of my allies is using the ship propulsion, and has lancers already (yet the rest of us don't?)
Then he builds all his factories with no gaps.

Then he builds HMG hardpoints on the water, then all of us allies have all the Nexus bodies unlocked.
Then he build a cyborg factory on the water....
Everyone quits.

Obvious cheater: Chekwob, he had a pacifier symbol next to his name, I suspect he'll use a different name next time (and possibly edit away the pacifier)

Then the next game, me, some other guy who played OK, joshdrunkwar, and the host called THC (i think it was)
an FFA on valley
First, the host doesn't tell us the settings:
T-1 No bases, medium or low power output (i forget)
1 factory max,
0 cyborg factories
? vtol factories (probably zero)
2 pgens max
1 repair facility max
5 res facilities
joshdrunkwar quits immediately... I take his oil, only to discover the 2 pgen limit.

Me and the other guy scuffle with our hordes (sarcasm) of units produced from the 1 factory each
Since the other guy figured there was nothing left to build with his trucks (he over produed, expecting to build more stuff), he uses them with his attack of units, I get his one factory, and deal with his units, and halt the truck rush with newly produced units (just coming out with light cannons and medium bodies)
He watches for a while and quits, removing the structures that were still a thorn in my side... host hasn't built anything but trucks.
I cap all the oil, put up a sensor network (its a small map), in time to see him sent out one truck, I kill it (my mg vipers got to it- with only 1 factory, I wasn't recycling *anything*).
I figure he's turtled himself in, maybe going for arty.
I figure I've only got an 8 to 6 oil advantage, due to the low PGen limit.
I decide to build some mortars, and a heavy tracked python sensor vehicle (mortars were medium and lights, to produce faster)
I get my sensor (with 2 sensor upgrades) and 10 mortars , and go forth (with tanks ranging from mg viper wheels to python medium cannon tracks, and everything inbetween ready to back them up if he had units I didn't see him build).
I order long range, in case he had mortar pits.
I see a line of bunkers, and commence bombardment (now alternating between light mortar units, and cannon tanks in the production queue)
He says only "cheater"
After the game I just played, my first response was "LOL!" - I probably should have said something else
Last game the guy started with nexus bodies and lancers... built on water, and had an unobtainable propulsion type....
This guy accuses me of cheating because I attack him with mortars like 20 min into a game with his own gay settings he didn't tell us about.
Well, before I finish typing my denial, he quits the game....

I don't know if he couldn't see my sensor tank, or if he though it unbelievable I could attack with 10 MORTARS!!!!1111oneoneone OMG! in around 20 minutes of play.

From now on, hosts who use gay settings, and don't tell anyone, shall be my first target, not my last...

I don't know what is worse, the obvious cheating, the noobs that cry cheater when there is no cheating and no reason to suspect cheating, or cheaters who aren't so obvious, or the non-noobs that wisper rumors about somene being a cheater, when that person is just really good at rushing.
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: Cheating lulz

Post by NoQ »

using the ship propulsion
Hovers, you mean? Or this legendary disabled "ship" propulsion (how does it look like, btw?)?
WarTux
Trained
Trained

Post by WarTux »

hao wrote:Or this legendary disabled "ship" propulsion (how does it look like, btw?)?
Bingo!

It's only accessible through the "give all" cheat, then you can find it in the design screen.

That cheater did a lot of stuff that isn't possible with a standard debug menu/"give all." Makes you wonder (not saying anything more due to security reasons)...
Warzone nicknames: WarTux[BDC], ChuckNorris-BDC, DeathStar, etc.
Part of the Black Dragon Clan; apply today, we welcome most! :3
On the Warzone IRC channel you can find me hanging out with the BDC dudes or messing with the bot.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

k00l! (:
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
Super Scavenger
Greenhorn

Post by Super Scavenger »

Doesn't the game scream "Player Name IS CHEATING!" when the cheat console is activated?

Also, that ship is lulz.
chekwob
Rookie
Rookie

Post by chekwob »

Super Scavenger wrote:Doesn't the game scream "Player Name IS CHEATING!" when the cheat console is activated?
No.
Thin ice is the most exciting when you swing at it with a pickaxe.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Super Scavenger wrote:Doesn't the game scream "Player Name IS CHEATING!" when the cheat console is activated?
Sometimes.
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

If you take yourself trouble to enable cheats in MP, disabling those messages is easy to do.
franek12354
Trained
Trained

Post by franek12354 »

Cool Corbra Naval Heavy Machine gun ship