all units look the same!

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
ebenezer
New user

all units look the same!

Post by ebenezer »

Hi,
I have started playing WZ a couple of weeks ago. I really like the game, but something is putting me off.
My main problem is that many units look more or less the same (a cannon on wheels), and I get very confused when I have a bunch of vehicles on the same spot (is this a mortar? no, wait, it's a repair turret... and this light cannon?).
I zoom out a bit when I play, to see more of the battlefield, so I have to strain my eyes to distinguish what's what.
I try to group them by weapon type, but this doesn't work once they are back for repairs.
Any suggestion?
franek12354
Trained
Trained

Re: all units look the same!

Post by franek12354 »

Mkae more Repair factilizyty and sent 1 group of tanks like scorpion tracks light cannon to 1 and place green triangle away nad in next factilizyty do the same but place triangle far away from other :)
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

There are keybord shortcuts almost for all types of units, try check them. However sooner or later with more expirience you will recognize them without problems.
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
digt
Rookie
Rookie

Post by digt »

Hey ebenezer! Have you tried assigning your units to a commander?

Those units go to the repair building and when they are done will come back to the commander. They will also still be in the same group. Does that help?
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

You can also play the game at a lower resolution, then you can make out the units ;)
and it ends here.
Super Scavenger
Greenhorn

Post by Super Scavenger »

Of course, machineguns, smaller cannons and the bunch look similar, you just get used to looking for a difference in size. But if you say you can't tell a lancer from a cannon I might have to smack you with a halibut. XD

Also, you usually never have to have more than 3 types of updated units, AP, AT and AR, recycling them as you get upgrades.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Maybe increase texture detail? I feel the same at 32mb.
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

ebenezer wrote:My main problem is that many units look more or less the same (a cannon on wheels), and I get very confused when I have a bunch of vehicles on the same spot (is this a mortar? no, wait, it's a repair turret... and this light cannon?).
I zoom out a bit when I play, to see more of the battlefield, so I have to strain my eyes to distinguish what's what.
I try to group them by weapon type, but this doesn't work once they are back for repairs.
Any suggestion?
In the main menu, click on Options - > Video Options , then increase the Texture Size to 512. Go back to the main menu. Quit the game and start it again.

If the Texture Size was already set to 512, let us know.
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
ebenezer
New user

Post by ebenezer »

Thanks for the suggestions. Increasing to 512 solved the problem. On top, using red units instead of the default green helps.
franek12354
Trained
Trained

Post by franek12354 »

I happy to see you happy and all of us is happy ,What a happiness going on happy forum :shock: :P :P :P :P :P