Perks

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Assault Gunner
Trained
Trained

Re: Perks

Post by Assault Gunner »

What, specifically, do you mean?
"There is no greater Void than the one between your ears." - Void Ray, StarCraft 2.
Especially the Void between the ears of people who think that No VTOL is a good idea, and won't lead to arty wars. I've won one, and I have to say: I hated it.
Roux Le Corps
Regular
Regular

Post by Roux Le Corps »

hmm... i like the templates design... although if we start going down that route we have to have saved template design like in galactic civilisations!
nodakbison2010
Greenhorn

Post by nodakbison2010 »

We could name the perks after the WZ classes too...
Speed and cheap-Paradigm Class
Balanced-Project Class
Defensive but spendy-Collective Class
Offensive but spendy-Nexus Class

Not saying you only have to use the tech of each class but that each class has its own special abilities as such above
Claydoe
Trained
Trained

Post by Claydoe »

DTSX wrote:I really think that Perks shouldn't be so much as a completely different style of gameplay, but more of a tactical choice made before the player goes into a game. Of course, in multiplayer, no one is allowed to see what the other person chose.

Basically, let's say you're in the pre-game screen and next to the color choices, or right below the team number choice is a perk choice. Like VTOL, Infantry, Industry, Economy, etc... this would all change things by low percentages, but offer a fun gameplay choice- lets say you choose Industry (Pump out more units) then all units cost X% more energy, and similarly, Economy (More energy) will make units come out slower. If you got Infantry, then you'll have increased attack and defense of infantry, but decreased attack and defense of tanks...
Assault Gunner wrote:Perhaps make the Research Module, Synaptic Link Research, Dedicated Synaptic Link, And Synaptic Link Research Brain improve the perks?
Heck, if this actually gets implemented, I'll probably script in some ridiculously imba upgrades for these classes towards the end of the campaign. After all, the only real way to learn to play MP is to play other players. Campaign is really to learn the controls and how to create units, etc.

Also, based on what he said:

Industry: Can produce two units simultaneously at any given factory(or just a build speed upgrade), but modules take much longer to add on, and they can only make 3 (4 maybe?) factories. Furthermore, units cost roughly 50% more, making it imperative that they have good power. Upgrades reduce additional unit cost.

Power: Gains power much faster. However, unit production and creation of power stations and modules is slowed.

Engineering: Structures build 20% faster (If you don't think this is an advantage, think about the ability to set up power, factories, everything in the beginning of a no bases game, and in a T3 game, the ability to set up forts AA and artillery quickly). However, structures cost 40% more.

Collective: 20% bonus to HP and armor, 10% reduction in speed. Max speed remains identical for a given propulsion, but more engine upgrades are required to reach it. Additional HP for defenses, but they cost more, though not as much more as they do for engineering.

Nexus:Ultimate technologies research faster, LasSat recharges slightly faster, and sensors gain range. However, everything costs more.

These are rough concepts, and I know that they aren't balanced.
:D :D :D :D This is what I was what I was going for!!! :D :D :D :D
Design - Deploy - Destroy
Tenoh
Trained
Trained

Post by Tenoh »

Ah i know! why dont we add upgrades to droid com center? its useless anyway but upgrades will add those perks for units.
"No, you don't want to buy this Sh[beep]t from me. It shoots sideways, it was built by retard zombies in some f[beep]king outreach program." HL:G
Assault Gunner
Trained
Trained

Post by Assault Gunner »

Or perhaps make the Command Relay center the place where you research upgrades to your "class"? Just a thought. It'd be simpler, in the short term, though, to link the improvements in classes to existing upgrades.
"There is no greater Void than the one between your ears." - Void Ray, StarCraft 2.
Especially the Void between the ears of people who think that No VTOL is a good idea, and won't lead to arty wars. I've won one, and I have to say: I hated it.
Tenoh
Trained
Trained

Post by Tenoh »

Assault Gunner wrote:Or perhaps make the Command Relay center the place where you research upgrades to your "class"? Just a thought. It'd be simpler, in the short term, though, to link the improvements in classes to existing upgrades.
Its working as my cheating research center anyhow for now :p and i dont want to see classes in WZ.
"No, you don't want to buy this Sh[beep]t from me. It shoots sideways, it was built by retard zombies in some f[beep]king outreach program." HL:G
Assault Gunner
Trained
Trained

Post by Assault Gunner »

Why? Too complex?
Tenoh
Trained
Trained

Post by Tenoh »

Assault Gunner wrote:Why? Too complex?
no,just doesn't seem to be cool enough.
Claydoe
Trained
Trained

Post by Claydoe »

Assault Gunner wrote:Or perhaps make the Command Relay center the place where you research upgrades to your "class"? Just a thought. It'd be simpler, in the short term, though, to link the improvements in classes to existing upgrades.
When people say "class" I think it seems too constricting.... :hmm:

The idea having a statistic edge on a opponent is fine and dandy since the enemy will also have one, but when people start saying classes and such - that could mean having only certain types of research.
To me that is not Warzone is all about, it more about the freedom of having to design and strategically out do your opponent to win.
Though classes may interest some, they are not for me.... Just say'n.
DTSX wrote:I really think that Perks shouldn't be so much as a completely different style of gameplay, but more of a tactical choice made before the player goes into a game. Of course, in multiplayer, no one is allowed to see what the other person chose.

Basically, let's say you're in the pre-game screen and next to the color choices, or right below the team number choice is a perk choice. Like VTOL, Infantry, Industry, Economy, etc... this would all change things by low percentages, but offer a fun gameplay choice- lets say you choose Industry (Pump out more units) then all units cost X% more energy, and similarly, Economy (More energy) will make units come out slower. If you got Infantry, then you'll have increased attack and defense of infantry, but decreased attack and defense of tanks...
This is EXACTLY what i had in mind! :3
I like Assault Gunner's idea as well. :D
Lancefighter
Trained
Trained

Post by Lancefighter »

... yeah. Like different generals in advanced wars..
Claydoe
Trained
Trained

Post by Claydoe »

Lancefighter wrote:... yeah. Like different generals in advanced wars..
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
That is EXACTLY what I was thinking when I finished my last post!!!
Was too lazy go back and edit it in... :P
Verin
Trained
Trained

Post by Verin »

I do think something should be done with the command center.
My multiplayer name is Verin
Usually in ideas and suggestions.
I Am also an ASE certified technician.
Claydoe
Trained
Trained

Post by Claydoe »

Verin wrote:I do think something should be done with the command center.
Hey! :shock:
You could use the command center to enhance your units! Even if it is only momentary!! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :hmm:
Assault Gunner
Trained
Trained

Post by Assault Gunner »

Command center or Command Relay center?