My first map!

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Claydoe
Trained
Trained

My first map!

Post by Claydoe »

Just like the title says, this is my first completed map. XD
Thanks to flaME, I was able to do this!

Editworld sux compared to flaME....
I mean flaME actually works most and is easy to use! :3

Anyways, here it is. Any comments on how to improve would be greatly appreciated! :lecture:

Sorry for the bad picture! :(
Attachments
4c-Rivet.wz
(14.76 KiB) Downloaded 181 times
Design - Deploy - Destroy
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Re: My first map!

Post by Black Project »

Claydoe wrote:Just like the title says, this is my first completed map. XD
Thanks to flaME, I was able to do this!
Hmm, let me post some quick feedback after a quick play before playing further more with your map

The map is somewhat well-oiled (but not like those boring NTW maps), the 8 oils on your base is enough to build a decent army + technologies.

Agressive oil capture can be the key of capping more resources in the great-oiled center of the map, the main focus of the success in the Warzone

Later i'll post more :wink:
Claydoe wrote:Editworld sux compared to flaME....
Watch when you say that :shock: You will might offend someone else that uses the Editworld :lecture: but i won't call for names XD

Just kidding Claydoe, your map is good

Regards BP
Claydoe
Trained
Trained

Post by Claydoe »

Thank you!
Black Project wrote:Watch when you say that :shock: You will might offend someone else that uses the Editworld :lecture: but i won't call for names XD
LOL! Let me say that the ones that use editworld and are good at it, they are map masters! :wink:
BTW--- How do I get myself a good picture of my map like the ones in the add-on section? :hmm:
Mine is clearly too small to be any help! :cry:
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

Claydoe wrote:BTW--- How do I get myself a good picture of my map like the ones in the add-on section? :hmm:
It's simple:

Starts Warzone, then choose a map, no matter if you're playing skirmish or multiplayer, we're going to get the screenshot of your map.

Now pay attention: when you select the map (e.g.: your map) a large minimap preview will be shown, quickly press PrintScreen before the HUD screen appears again, then press Alt+Tab to exit Warzone without closing the game and open Paint.

Now press Ctrl-V to paste the screen you have copied from the Warzone map preview, then save the file any any format you think is better :)

Good Luck! :wink:

BP
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

Black Project wrote:Now press Ctrl-V to paste the screen you have copied from the Warzone map preview, then save the file any any format you think is better :)
Which means not JPG, that'll be bigger and look worse than PNG. Oh, and you might want to use a small game resolution, to make the player position numbers large in relation to the map.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

Black Project wrote:
Claydoe wrote:BTW--- How do I get myself a good picture of my map like the ones in the add-on section? :hmm:
It's simple:

Starts Warzone, then choose a map, no matter if you're playing skirmish or multiplayer, we're going to get the screenshot of your map.

Now pay attention: when you select the map (e.g.: your map) a large minimap preview will be shown, quickly press PrintScreen before the HUD screen appears again, then press Alt+Tab to exit Warzone without closing the game and open Paint.

Now press Ctrl-V to paste the screen you have copied from the Warzone map preview, then save the file any any format you think is better :)

Good Luck! :wink:

BP
actually you can use the F10 key to take your picture now - it works awesomer!!!!! :3 XD
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Good first map :)

Post by Merowingg »

Hello Claydone :) I like your map :) It looks similar a litle bit to DesertCros47 but i think it is becuse of the cross clearly visible :)

And you should entitle your forum topic "my first maps" ;) becuse I hope you will continue on your creations :)

flaMe is also great for me :) but as it was mentione there are funs of both :)

And I also had big problems with making or rather inserting pictures on forum.. but good people helped me :)

Good work man :)

Go on creating :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Claydoe
Trained
Trained

Post by Claydoe »

lav_coyote25 wrote:actually you can use the F10 key to take your picture now - it works awesomer!!!!! :3 XD
Sweet! 8) Ill try that!
Merowingg wrote:And you should entitle your forum topic "my first maps" ;) becuse I hope you will continue on your creations :)
Lol, I plan to! :D
Merowingg wrote:Good work man :)
Thank you!