Teleportation

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Systemofatoad
Greenhorn

Teleportation

Post by Systemofatoad »

Well I was thinking (really hard :hmm: ) and thought of teleport pads/gates for your tanks. Im sure this would have to be researched somewhere at the end of the tech tree plus the time to research would have to take ages.

Sure there would have to be some drawbacks like 10sec. delay or cost 10 power per unit. Then I think about: "would your foes be able to gate through?"

I don't know at this point :| but i'd love to see what YOU think about teleporting :) .
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Re: Teleportation

Post by lav_coyote25 »

speedy!! from warzone2100.de had that and more in his complete mod of warzone2100. :)
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

It is a good idea and a simple script in a mod could do that...
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
Boris
Trained
Trained

Post by Boris »

Teleportation use warcraft and other games with magic. That is not good for warzone.
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

Boris wrote:Teleportation use warcraft and other games with magic. That is not good for warzone.
Well, these days there are teleportation experiments... You know, teleporting a toothpick on a distance of 1 meter XD
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Speaking as one who has actually played Speedy's complex and magnificently executed mod of WZ created some 8 years ago that included Teleportation (among a plethora of other neat stuff) I can say without any reservation that it was grand & enduring fun all the way around. WZ is not easy to Mod at this level of creation but it certainly can be done and was done quite a few times before source liberation. In all the years since the source was liberated only one individual has created at this level of complexity and originality. Ironic, really. But then again, there are distinct cultural & attitude differences, pre & post liberation, that would account for this disparity (and others as well ... like the level and quality of active community support) - IMO.

- RV :ninja:

Boris
Trained
Trained

Post by Boris »

no kuky..wher is it?i dont have time to see all topics.
Boris
Trained
Trained

Post by Boris »

Probably you sleeping.It is time.
Assault Gunner
Trained
Trained

Post by Assault Gunner »

Hey, StarCraft had teleportation, and it didn't rely on magic. It relied on a technologically-created wormhole. See: Recall, Arbiter Ability. Google: StarCraft Compendium.
"There is no greater Void than the one between your ears." - Void Ray, StarCraft 2.
Especially the Void between the ears of people who think that No VTOL is a good idea, and won't lead to arty wars. I've won one, and I have to say: I hated it.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

StarCraft teleportation requires technology that doesn't exist in the real world, though, and ignores the laws of physics, which Warzone tends to shy away from.
Verin
Trained
Trained

Post by Verin »

I dont see this being needed until we have maps larger than the largest ones currently out there.
My multiplayer name is Verin
Usually in ideas and suggestions.
I Am also an ASE certified technician.
Assault Gunner
Trained
Trained

Post by Assault Gunner »

Pfeh. It just doesn't exist as far as we know. We could be careening towards the events of StarCraft, or similar events, anyhow.
"There is no greater Void than the one between your ears." - Void Ray, StarCraft 2.
Especially the Void between the ears of people who think that No VTOL is a good idea, and won't lead to arty wars. I've won one, and I have to say: I hated it.
Roux Le Corps
Regular
Regular

Post by Roux Le Corps »

i agree, would be better suited to a MASSIVE map, like maybe 400 x 400 min :P
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Zarel wrote:StarCraft teleportation requires technology that doesn't exist in the real world, though, and ignores the laws of physics, which Warzone tends to shy away from.
The tech exists on a micro level - but certainly not on a macro level. And it does NOT ignore the laws physics nor does it violate any.

It was confirmed scientifically in 1993 & has been demonstrated through independent experiments a number of times since. The underlying scientific principle was first articulated the 1930s and is known as the Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen (EPR) entanglement and part of the 1993 effort was also making a robustly logical end run around Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle.

Unlike most Sci Fi depictions however, in scientifically demonstrated reality the original must be destroyed, We'll likely see Quantum Teleportation of information long before before we are moving humans or their macro artifacts but only for a host of engineering reasons - NOT because of any laws of science violations

- RV :lecture: