Multiplayer Suggestions

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Uber Schwarz
Rookie
Rookie

Multiplayer Suggestions

Post by Uber Schwarz »

The host can set and lock teams before the game starts
Allow use of all cheats in One Player Skirmish
Give your AI teammates orders (Need power, Need support, attack now, etc.)

Questions:
What does the T1, T2, and T3 mean when hosting a game?
I heard about this Satellite Laser and something that will, when researched, reveal the entire map and all units. How do I get these things?
Last edited by Uber Schwarz on 01 Jul 2007, 06:26, edited 1 time in total.
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Re: Multiplayer Suggestions

Post by DevUrandom »

Uber Schwarz wrote: The host can set and lock teams before the game starts
Allow use of all cheats in One Player Skirmish
Give your AI teammates orders (Need power, Need support, attack now, etc.)
Giving orders to the AI is supported by the AIvolution AI, which is currently only available in the development version, due to restrictions of the 2.0 scripting engine.
Uber Schwarz wrote: Questions:
What does the T1, T2, and T3 mean when hosting a game?
Techlevel. T1 is ~ the techlevel of the 1st campaign, T2 of the 2nd and T3 of the 3rd.
Uber Schwarz wrote: I heard about this Satellite Laser and something that will, when researched, reveal the entire map and all units. How do I get these things?
Research or cheats.
http://pkedu.fbt.wur.nl/~hylke/data/techTree.png
Troman
Trained
Trained

Post by Troman »

Uber Schwarz wrote: The host can set and lock teams before the game starts
Already available in the SVN version.
Uber Schwarz wrote: Allow use of all cheats in One Player Skirmish
I think you can do that already, you have to start the game with --cheat command line parameter and press shift+backspace in the game.
Uber Schwarz wrote: Give your AI teammates orders (Need power, Need support, attack now, etc.)
As Devurandom said this can be done if you are playing with Aivolution AI (currently only available in the SVN version of WZ, you have to compile your own exe).
List of all available commands.
Uber Schwarz wrote: I heard about this Satellite Laser and something that will, when researched, reveal the entire map and all units. How do I get these things?
You have to research and build a special structure, I think it's called Uplink Center and becomes available in a late T2 or T3 game.
?topic=1617.0
hessuu
Rookie
Rookie

Post by hessuu »

Will it be possible to lock teams in skirmish?
Troman
Trained
Trained

Post by Troman »

hessuu wrote: Will it be possible to lock teams in skirmish?
Yes.
?topic=1617.0
DFStormbringer
Trained
Trained

Post by DFStormbringer »

hmmm multiplayer ideas.....

King of the Hill...  have set oil derrics set as tatical landmarks.. usualy int he middle of the map.. and require that people  have to keep and own 75%-100% of the derrics there for a set amount of time to win.. when it changes hands to a new owner.. the timer resets.
has potential for some very long games.. and alot of alliance switching and betrayal late game :P

"it"
similiar to tag... start the game as usual.. there is a powerup in the middle that can be collected that makes that vehicle "it"  and getting IT gives the user ability to research tech 2 - 3 research... everyone else is stuck to tech 1..
only one research center allowed at a time to prevent IT from getting overpowered to fast... and gives the other teams a chance to attak with thier lesser units.  also tech 2+ units and structures CANNOT be built.. with the exception of ONE "super" unit per side that utalizes allt he current research to help take out enemy ITs..
victory conditions can range from base desctruction to a certain ammoutn of time being IT.

kill the commander
tricky wiht vtols.. but each base starts with 1 commander.. more can be built but they must have at least ONE command unit at all times..  the loss of all command units results in defeat.. even accidental recycling

Victory status really needs to be expanded...
resource victories...
research victories?

a battle results summary page would also be nice.. showing the usual stuff.. number of units built and lost and killed.. buildings.. researches.. timetables.. common stuff to give the feeling of added gloating rights after a battle.
-= Dare not meddle within the affairs of we dragons for you are crunchy and flavor well with bbq sauce =-

-=Build a man a fire and hes warm for a night. Set a man on fire and hes warm for the rest of his life=-
Troman
Trained
Trained

Post by Troman »

All this and much more is possible with scripts, without modifying the source.
If anyone is interested, take a look at the ScriptingManual.htm or existing scripts (.slo/.vlo files).
?topic=1617.0
Uber Schwarz
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Uber Schwarz »

How would I go about installing the development version on Ubuntu? I'm new to this SVN stuff.
Giel
Regular
Regular

Post by Giel »

Uber Schwarz wrote: How would I go about installing the development version on Ubuntu? I'm new to this SVN stuff.
`svn checkout svn://svn.gna.org/warzone/trunk warzone` will download the sources into directory `warzone`.
Then in that directory follow this compile guide for GNU/Linux
"First make sure it works good, only then make it look good." -- Giel
Want to tip/donate? bitcoin:1EaqP4ZPMvUffazTxm7stoduhprzeabeFh
commondragon
Trained
Trained

Post by commondragon »

If you want I could give an idea. But it would probably change part of the gameplay itself, only in the multiplayer portion.

And it would be impossible to do with scripts :3
WE ARE IDEA! WE ARE UR FUEL! DONT.....FORGET US! (bad song I know ^^)
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

My ideas, adding to Stormbringer's ones:

Endurance games:
  As described on this topic: index.php?topic=788.0

Building objectives:
  The player need to build a set number of structures of a set type (and research it if possible).

Creating a nuclear missile silo and anti-sattelite missile silos:
  Nuclear missile silos are your small, one-shot version of the LasSat command post. Costs less, takes less room (can be adjacent to normal buildings), but can be fired only once, after that, they must be rebuilt. Leaves damaging radiation for a while.
  Anti-sattelite missile silos are for (guess what) destroying sattelites. They set off automatically and take much time to recharge. If a satellite is destroyed, its command post is deactivated and must be rebuilt.

That's a small piece of my ideas. More would create far too much havoc among the players.
DFStormbringer
Trained
Trained

Post by DFStormbringer »

read my lips.. no more nukes!

its the one thing imo that ruins ALOT of rts games.. everyone rushes to a nuke then  chain uses them on you.. makes for a rather rude and unplesant game imo.. one of the reasons im not to fond of the CnC series.
-= Dare not meddle within the affairs of we dragons for you are crunchy and flavor well with bbq sauce =-

-=Build a man a fire and hes warm for a night. Set a man on fire and hes warm for the rest of his life=-
Deathguise
Trained
Trained

Post by Deathguise »

DFStormbringer wrote:read my lips.. no more nukes!
I totally Agree, although ive got nothing against a cruise missile launcher that launches conventional warheads, kind of like a kinetic damage equivalent of the lassat with an emphasis on a larger blast radius than the lassat.

Something that will give a slight edge over your opponent if you fire it at his group of tanks before engaging them with your ground forces but is not powerful enough to knock out an entire base.
"Abandon All Hope" - Chiggy von Richthofen
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

I meant subnuclear missiles or some widespread, not-so-devastating-at-single-points extreme ranged weapon. Not that "incoming nuclear missile = say byebye to your hq" idea that is brought in C&C series. The main problem with nuclear missiles on them is that they explode when they hit the ground, and regular nuclear missiles are supposed to explode at air, before impact. I don't like those, also. But some widespread explosions would be cool, I think.