3vs3 Map: Bridge Battle

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
m1ndgames
Trained
Trained

3vs3 Map: Bridge Battle

Post by m1ndgames »

Hello!
I would like to show you my first map ever...

We play regulary against Ai's and other Players and we wanted something like the Otok Map, but for one more player... so here it is:

As you can see: every base is easy to secure, the most action will be on the 3 oil wells in the middle of the 'bridge'.. If you play against Ai: Prepare for big defenses! It was the 1st game ever where we had problems pushing thru the Enemies Turrets... We (2x Players, 1x Ai vs 3x Ai) tested on middle difficulty and it took us 3 hours to wipe out the Bases...

I hope you like it... critism welcomed!

btw.: As you can see, it is a 6 Player Map but Warzone only works with 8 Players... so i had to add another 2 starting trucks for those players... BUT they dont have any oil.. so dont forget to close PlayerSlots 7+8 :)
Attachments
8c-bridgebattle.wz
8c-bridgebattle.wz by m1ndgames
(45.36 KiB) Downloaded 538 times
JDW
Regular
Regular

Re: 3vs3 Map: Bridge Battle

Post by JDW »

I'm just curious, will players 1 and 4 need to build defenses at three points to protect their base while players 0, 2, 3, and 5 will just have two points to defend? Correct me if I'm wrong.

However, it's a nice map.
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

j0shdrunk0nwar wrote:I'm just curious, will players 1 and 4 need to build defenses at three points to protect their base while players 0, 2, 3, and 5 will just have two points to defend? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Actually, all players should only defend 1 gate, the one going at the center, as other ones lead to you allies bases.
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

KukY wrote:
j0shdrunk0nwar wrote:I'm just curious, will players 1 and 4 need to build defenses at three points to protect their base while players 0, 2, 3, and 5 will just have two points to defend? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Actually, all players should only defend 1 gate, the one going at the center, as other ones lead to you allies bases.
Ah, I see. Thanks again KukY..
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
m1ndgames
Trained
Trained

Post by m1ndgames »

Best strategy would be to defend the middle with all forces avaiable... there are 'only' 8 oil wells in the base, +1 for every player in the team at the entry to the bases and 3 in the middle of the map... controlling the oil there is the key ftw :)
m1ndgames
Trained
Trained

Post by m1ndgames »

Ive tested the map a few times, ai played very well, (dydo > wz ai) so... move this to the showcase subforum please :)
ClockWork
Trained
Trained

Post by ClockWork »

Tested, and played. it works just as described pretty much. not exactly sure what kind of feed back you want though.
possibly some hilly areas to utilize the units speeds when transversing hills?
Verin
Trained
Trained

Post by Verin »

How can i access this map on mac? i would like to start hosting with it.
My multiplayer name is Verin
Usually in ideas and suggestions.
I Am also an ASE certified technician.
Verin
Trained
Trained

Post by Verin »

Is there a download for mac? i think this is PC based or something, for whatever reason i cant open it, or Unzip it or move it.
My multiplayer name is Verin
Usually in ideas and suggestions.
I Am also an ASE certified technician.
m1ndgames
Trained
Trained

Post by m1ndgames »

oh realy? sorry to hear that, i will check it tomorrow at a friends mac... maybe its because it has no bases set for player 7+8? (just a truck)
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Verin wrote:Is there a download for mac? i think this is PC based or something, for whatever reason i cant open it, or Unzip it or move it.
It's a .wz file. You're not supposed to unzip it. You're supposed to drag it to ~/Library/Application Support/Warzone 2100 2.3/maps/
m1ndgames
Trained
Trained

Post by m1ndgames »

aww lol, thats the problem? :D