[Art Revolution] - Development & Discussion

Improving the artwork in Warzone2100 - not for mod discussions
Olrox
Art contributor

[Art Revolution] - Development & Discussion

Post by Olrox »

• Hello everyone!
This is the place where we'll announce the developments of the Art Revolution project (AR for short). You all can find more about our project by searching around in this forum, or by visiting our project's website (http://artrev2100.sourceforge.net/index.html). Our website is still under construction so you may miss some information, or find some things weird - everyone is welcome to join and help us spot bugs in the website, there's a specific topic about that in the project's forums.

Links to screenshots of our most recent models' versions will be posted here, in this post, so that all the following posts are dedicated to discussing the current versions rather than presenting new ones. This makes it easier to keep everyone informed about what's going on, and also easier to search through the posts.

I must ask that no one post anything off-topic here - please PM anyone who could be interested or create a topic in the lounge for it: I check the whole forums in a daily basis so you can be sure I'll see it. That's for keeping this topic very organized, and thus helping the development of our project (After all, everyone wants it to be finished as soon as possible, it's a matter of collaboration!).

The summary of our models is on the following post, and updates will be announced at posts so that everyone participating on the discussions knows when it has changed.

If you want any other information about our project, feel free to PM me, or join our forums. As I've said, everyone is welcome to join it!
    • Thanks,
      AR Team
Last edited by Olrox on 23 May 2010, 23:33, edited 3 times in total.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Re: [Art Revolution] - Development & Discussion

Post by Zarel »

Only one of the screenshots is working, and it appears to be mostly showcasing terrain textures. :|

Download links don't work, either. :|
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Zarel wrote:Only one of the screenshots is working, and it appears to be mostly showcasing terrain textures. :|

Download links don't work, either. :|
Yes, that screenshot is mostly a placeholder - the whole site started to work very few days ago, so many parts are still not working. As I've said, we still have to build up our screenshots database :)
I've asked Mangust to put together a version with the models we have already finished, I think we'll have in working soon.
Hmm, but I thought macuser already had the latest version for 2.3 :hmm:

Probably we'll get many parts done by this weekend. I still have to learn how to edit the site, currently only macuser is handling it (actually, we have a new member who is still to be introduced) 8)

Thanks for the feedback.
~Olrox
macuser
Regular
Regular

Post by macuser »

Yes I do have the ver for 2.3 - forgot to upload it :roll: . Its up now :)
ArtRev Website

ImageImage

System: AMD Phenom II x4, 4GB RAM, 640GB HD, Nvidia GeForce GT 240 1GB, Mac OS X 10.6
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Summary updated!
Please note that there are distinct wall models - those will probably be used as walls for the different campaign factions, which one will be the one used as standard, MP version, is open to discussion. Maybe there'll be more versions, including one with fewer polys, for MP.
Rider
Trained
Trained

Post by Rider »

Very cool stuff! I'll be checking on this topic regularly.
Arcalane
Trained
Trained

Post by Arcalane »

Olrox wrote:Please note that there are distinct wall models - those will probably be used as walls for the different campaign factions, which one will be the one used as standard, MP version, is open to discussion.
Mangust's techy-looking version might make a good Collective wall with some light texture tweaking.
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Halted for obvious reasons: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5488#p57420

~