anti-aliasing?

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Laserlight
Trained
Trained

anti-aliasing?

Post by Laserlight »

Hi I was wandering if the game could have a anti-aliasing put in as i have looked inside and
Found none. ???
If it’s ok could the game include it? :)
Its just it would look better at further distances with zoom without the aliasing. 8)

Thankz allot and good luck. :) ;D
Seya
I Reject your reality, and substitute my own :P
UrbanVoyeur
Trained
Trained

Re: anti-aliasing?

Post by UrbanVoyeur »

Laserlight wrote: Hi I was wandering if the game could have a anti-aliasing put in as i have looked inside and
Found none. ???
If it’s ok could the game include it? :)
Its just it would look better at further distances with zoom without the aliasing. 8)

Thankz allot and good luck. :) ;D
Seya
That's interesting... I don't see any jaggies when I zoom out/in. Is anti-aliasing handled by OpenGL and your card settings?
Laserlight
Trained
Trained

Post by Laserlight »

well i have a geforcemx440 that is 128mb so i think it can handle it. :)
However i have had some blotchness problems (if you read my bug post)
and maybe that could be it? :o
if we did apply anti-aliasing it could help slightly, its the applying it to the game kinda thing.  :)
Seya
Hatsjoe
Trained
Trained

Post by Hatsjoe »

With any modern ati/ nvidia card u can enable/disable anti aliasing in the driver control panel. It will have the sae effect as in game antialiasing. So there's no need to implemenst it.

Hint: Try rivatuner to get even more driver configuration possibilities.
Laserlight
Trained
Trained

Post by Laserlight »

Thankz it works! :)
Seya.
Good luck ;)
kage
Regular
Regular

Post by kage »

Hatsjoe wrote: With any modern ati/ nvidia card u can enable/disable anti aliasing in the driver control panel. It will have the sae effect as in game antialiasing. So there's no need to implemenst it.
yes and no. yes in that you can do that, and for most games that works fine, but no in that in several games, it can cause visual artifacts depending on how certain things like the gui are handled, whereas when the code has direct support for antialiasing, you can antialias what you want in one pass, then draw all the stuff that would've gotten mucked up with driver-forced fsaa in another pass.

iirc, though, driver-forced fsaa or fsaf don't cause any visual artifacts in wz.
Hatsjoe
Trained
Trained

Post by Hatsjoe »

hmm, i ve never had any problem with any game and control panel anti aliasing. Since i had the highest end video card at the time (6800ultra) i could easily run everythin available at that time with atleast 2* anti aliasing so i always ran with the control panel at 2*aa . But anyways, it doesn't really matter cause it works fine with wz :)
Laserlight
Trained
Trained

Post by Laserlight »

Kage was saying about problems with forcing anti-aliasing as I have found several games that
Go a bit funny when I do that. :P
Such as a game I have called ''breed'' when i force it shadows, walls, and water have gone funny.
And battlefield Vietnam I have no idea what’s happened to mine as i have a much more powerful hardware that the game requires and it performs so slow and shadows are replicated hundreds of times across the floor, Evan when I have the graphics on minimal it still performs weird.
Could any know why? ???

My specs are:
512mb ddr ram
Two 80gb barracuda drives
geforcemx440 128mb
64bit 3.2 GHz processor.
the latest driverware.

Thankz and seya  ;D
Giel
Regular
Regular

Post by Giel »

This really is a non-Warzone, non-Development related question, so you're not likely to find any answers on that here. Try some battlefield forums instead.
"First make sure it works good, only then make it look good." -- Giel
Want to tip/donate? bitcoin:1EaqP4ZPMvUffazTxm7stoduhprzeabeFh
Hatsjoe
Trained
Trained

Post by Hatsjoe »

Giel wrote: This really is a non-Warzone, non-Development related question, so you're not likely to find any answers on that here. Try some battlefield forums instead.
That's correct. Since warzone doesn't show any signs of this, it shouldn't be in this forum. You could try the off-topic forum here but as Giel said, you're not likely to find any answers on that here. i recommend a game specific forum or the forum of your videocard manufacturer. Perhaps a simple driver update can fix your problems.